WandaVision (Marvel's Scarlet Witch Disney+ Series)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Sep 18, 2018.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The MCU covered that angle fairly okay IMO. He saved her life, they're both empowered by Infinity Stones, they built a relationship on that.

But I wouldn't mind seeing more depth to their relationship.

2. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah I wouldn't say they covered it fairly okay at all. As I remember it, Vision saves her at the end of AOU, creepily walks into her room through a wall in Civil War to which she gives him hell for doing, then he cooks for her before she realizes he's keeping her in the compound against her will which angers her, then she beats him down once Clint shows up and she 'escapes', and then they're a weirdly 'happy couple' on the run in Infinity War.

I mean, yeah, I guess they showed us that they have a quasi bond or whatever, but hardly anything remotely explaining a supposed now romantic relationship. And common ground with a stone or not - it's still a human teen and a middle aged looking robot... that definitely needs more 'splaining ;) 

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Vision was also very young, age wise he was what 1 yr old/ 2 years old? So technically Wanda was ....well...you know....

4. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I felt it was developed fine enough for me. I guess fans only super familiar with the source material wouldn’t be put off by it. Like it was really prominent among the Avengers comics back then.

And since when was Wanda confirmed to be a psuedo-teen in universe? She always came off as in her twenties to me. Does that stem from Cap calling her a kid in CW?

And besides, the were on the cusp of a relationship during Civil War and in the TWO YEARS in universe between that & Infinity War, they got to where we saw them. It made sense to me, IMO.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    That, and how she said she was only 10 when one of Stark's bombs didn't go off implying a fairly recent memory... and Hawkeye's statement about how she could go to high school if she decided to not be an Avenger... and just the way she's treated by her peers in general.

They don't ever specifically state her age, but the general consensus I've always read is that she was about 15-16 in that after credits scene from The Winter Soldier and likely 18-20 ish by the time Infinity War rolled around.

Anyway, yet again, it's not some big debate or anything. Comic readers seem to take her and Vision's more developed history for granted and apply it to what they saw in the movies. But I can tell ya, every movie-only fan I've ever blabbed with has had questions about it. And not "eww, that's gross" kind of stuff - just basic "so, wait, what, they're dating now??" questions when IW came out.

6. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    ‘Shrug’

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I can totally see this even as a comic fan who expected their relationship. I mean it was a big part of both of their story arcs early on in their Avengers days, but it only made sense for her to fall in love with Vision in the comics... because Ultron had used Wonder Man's (her lover at the time irrc) brain pattern, memories, etc. to create Vision in the comics. But in the films? ... I don't think they did a good job of actually fleshing out the relationship or giving her a reason to fall in love with an android. It's was just things happened and here you go with a lot of development presumptively happening between films. AoU she acted intrigued by him when he was talking to Thor and than he rescued her after she crushed Ultron's core... time skip to next film... some flirting and distraction in Civil War and some lightly hinted romantic feelings... bigger time skip to Infinity War... they've been sneaking away from their respective teams to have "moments" together and are deeply in love. Okay. It's not that it's bad, but it wasn't exactly a fully fleshed out story either... lots of insinuation and any REAL relationship progress that was made was done off screen between films. Hopefully, we'll get to see some of those "moments" as flashbacks in WandaVision.

• Like Like x 1
  8. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Exclusive Photos Show Prep for WandaVision is Underway - MCU Cosmic
    REPORT: WandaVision Set Photos Reveal Mysterious Structure

"Preparation for WandaVision is now underway at a top secret location in the Los Angeles area with set construction beginning ahead of production starting next month. Things are apparently moving pretty slowly, but these are early steps towards the first Marvel Disney+ series to go in front of cameras."

"The round set has a large cylindrical center, with space for a number of windows or mirrors left open. This implies there will be at least one location in the show that's either an observatory or conservatory, which would explain the design of the structure and could tie into the magical aspect of the story."

[​IMG]

9. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  10. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Nice, but her name is Darcy.

Marvel's 'WandaVision' Adds Kat Dennings, Randall Park and Kathryn Hahn

Kat Dennings and Randall Park reprise their respective MCU roles as the scientist Darcy from Thor and government agent Jimmy Woo from Ant-Man and the Wasp.

WandaVision is described as a cross between a typical MCU epic and a sitcom, and so Kathryn Hahn has been cast as Wanda’s nosy neighbor. An angle from Bewitched sounds intriguing.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    For some weird reason, this is the + show I'm still looking forward to the most.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    Oops.

13. Omegashark18

News Credits:
  14. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

looks very retro and sweet... but wtf is that shadow, a werewolf?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Shadow could Be Wanda in costume.
    Whoever will train her in magic.....
    Agatha Harkness? (Foreshadowing a certain team?)
    Doctor Strange?
    A baddy like the Grim reaper?
    Her Father ....a certain Mutant.........
    It could be anything

• Like Like x 2
  16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Strange is most likely to train Wanda considering this series links to his movie.

17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That's my current guess and while he wasn't her original mentor in magic (that was Agatha Harkness), but she more recently study under Strange in the comics.

18. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Didn’t he try and help her after she went crazy and her powers caused all those crossover events?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Pretty sure he didn't, or if ever, barely did anything, as she was really cast aside for most of the Bendis Avengers era, and Bendis had Strange on his roster for a large chunk of it.

That said, I'm really curious what angle they plan to pull with WandaVision - the poster really gives off vibes from Tom King's run - but you can't really pull a lot of the things they did given MCU Vision doesn't have the set-up the comic version had.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Elizabeth Olsen being adorably rad as always and briefly talking about WandaVision on Kimmel last night...

• Like Like x 5