Virginia Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Trypticon, Jun 18, 2003.

1. WockaWockaWocka

WockaWockaWocka Recovering Plastic Crack Addict

News Credits:
    Couple peg warmers at Ashland Walmart. Nothing new. I will pop in Fredericksburg Ollies when I am up that way later this week. That Ollies usually gets hit hard by scalpers.

Hasbro Pulse has a preorder listing for Jetfire up again (8/8 ship date).

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. skr00zloose

skr00zloose Well-Known Member

I tend to wander around the 757 area on weekends with a backback, just to put miles on my chopper, and there are at least a half a dozen walmarts, a half a dozen targets, and 3 ollie's on my normal ride route. I already have a POP predaking, but if I come ever across any at ollie's I'll snag a few for anyone here that wants one. I did the same thing with fort max and trypticon. I sold them to fellow collectors for whatever I paid for them, and actual shipping costs if anyone couldn't pick them up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. skr00zloose

Brickseek shows Hampton walmart added another almost 2 cases of deluxe's to thier inventory. I have no desire to drive out to that side of the water this time of day to see what they are, just figured I'd share the info. I did manage to pick up brunt and red alert last time I was out there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WockaWockaWocka

News Credits:
    Nothing at Fredericksburg Ollies. S. Fredericksburg/Massaponax Target has two Galaxy Primes. S. Fredericksburg/Massaponax Walmart has nothing new, but they have clearanced the G1 Primes.

IMG_2125.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Didn't really have time to root through the pegs at Target Mosaic. Just did a flyby and saw Caliburst.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Battlefield Walmart:
    • SIEGE Shockwave x 1
    • SIEGE Galaxy Optimus x 1
    • SIEGE Rescue patrol Micromasters x 3-4
    • SIEGE wave 2 deluxes, all except Ironhide
    • SIEGE Starscream x 3
    No Marvel Legends Worthy Cap

• Like Like x 1
  7. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    It's been pretty dead as far as sightings go lately outside of Caliburst and Smashdown which I found at Chantilly Target this past Monday.

Sterling Walmart got a bunch of stock again, but it's all wave 2 -- Leader Siege Prime included.

Nothing else new to report.

Trash, you're right, being patient and not hitting up the stores every day is the way to go. I've still found everything I've been looking for lately, and I haven't had to go out every day. It is MUCH nicer to hunt this way.

If anyone is still looking for Worthy Cap, I saw 2 at Leesburg Walmart Monday.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I saw Beta Ray Bill at skyline Target Monday as well. Lovin' this new sculpt. Especially after the previous one I bought was broken.

One more thing. I am going to be returning two SS-38 Optimus Primes to Target either today or tomorrow (never did see them at Walmart). No one wanted them so they're getting returned before the 90 days run out.

@Thundercracker Blue : If possible, can you send me PM of a list of the figures you're looking for and I can tell you whether or not I have them. I haven't even put up my sales thread and I'm already selling items. I want to make sure you can get a few items as well.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. skr00zloose

2 cases of wave 3 deluxes at pheonix Dr walmart, I bought 3 refraktors, left the rest.

3x galaxy prime at first colonial target

• Like Like x 2
  9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    One Springer, two Refraktors, one Red Alert, two Brunts, four Smashdowns and four Calibursts at Target Mosaic.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Trash Panzer

Trash Panzer Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Dammit. I'm out of town til the weekend. But it's good to hear they're finally popping up at places I actually go to.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cesium Salami

Cesium Salami Older than Kup!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  12. MCutter

MCutter Pronounced WITH-thuh UMP-tee.

News Credits:
    How much is retail price for him?
    N/M, $50. I know it's a retooled, licensed exclusive with extra gear, but my knee-jerk reaction is "HOW much for a voyager figure?!" now that you have it in hand, is it worth the markup?

13. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

The fact that there’s two franchise licensing fees is definitely a factor in the cost. But the figure itself feels good. It’s a fun, smooth transformation, and the proton-pack/blaster accessory was really well designed and executed. The attention to detail in alt mode is excellent.

Lack of wrist swivels is a bummer, because the blaster really lends itself to a two-handed hold.

Also, the head sculpt is surprisingly half-baked: like, it’s not that they skimped, or that it’s too simple or cartoony, per se; it’s just that the design of the face itself is kind of coarse. But that’s a subjective complaint.

But I have zero regrets. It’s just a fun toy. I got it for my 6 year old son, and he’s been loving it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WockaWockaWocka

News Credits:
    My wife grabbed me a Red Alert at S.Fredericksburg/Massaponax Walmart. She said there was a Brunt there still.

15. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Kingstowne Walmart has 2 brunts and 2 red alerts.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Triceradon

Triceradon Sunbow Delenda Est

So, I actually saw a Siege Springer at the Greenbrier Target's guest service desk. I asked if I was able to purchase it, and they said it was street-dated and they couldn't sell it.

I'm hoping this isn't a sign of things to come for Target.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Burke Target

Siege
    Cailburst
    Red Hot and Stakeout
    3x Chromia
    Hound
    5x Galaxy Optimus and Shockwave (Another one was with the Toy Story stuff)
    Siege Red Alert Who was so tempting; but I ultimately got TR Blurr instead.

SS Jetfire, and that yellow constructicon

18. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Returned some pants to burke Walmart this morning and they had a Shockwave, Starscream, Refraktor, Brunt and Red Alert.

The paint of the Red Alert was a bit wonky, though.

19. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I made the rounds in RVA today, as my toddler daughter decided to wake up at 4:30 am. UGH. That said, I was able to get three refraktors!

The Walmart in Midlothian on Walmart Way had the remnants of the new case with Hound, so when I arrived there was one red alert (bought it) two brunts, and two hounds.

The walmart on Sheila lane had one full case so I bought two refraktors and left the rest.

Took the kid to daycare, then hit the Walmart on Brook road in the northside and they had NOTHING but they did have a pallet of toys in boxes ready to get putout. No TFs on that pallet, but I assume they may have another pallet in the back with the refraktor case (??) so if someone wants to check later today that might be a good bet.

Finally, I stopped by the Walmart in RVA on Forrest Ave in the west end, and they had a full refraktor case as well. I bought one and left the rest of the case. They also had 3x voyager starscream and 1x of voyager Soundwave, if anyone is looking (and his tapes are on Amazon for $9.99 currently).

If you missed Hound he's in this case, all the stores I went to had 2 of him. The case is 2x each Hound, refraktor, brunt, and red alert.

I did not go to any other Walmarts, but I would assume they all got this case today, so happy hunting guys!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

I'd appreciate you staying out of The Worst Walmart in Richmond. It's my Walmart.

The fact that they're putting 2 Refraktor's to a case is mildly irritating. Three, with a single Hound repacked, would have been more 'thoughtful'.

Selfishly, I was hoping that the repacks would be Weaponizer-heavy, so that I could army-build them if they ended up on clearance come winter. Oh well.

• Like Like x 4