Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mn_128875, Dec 30, 2019.

1. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Quit

Seconded. David Kaye has also been a far more essential to the franchise with his Megatrons he's voiced more than Welker. Although you'd might think from what I just said that might apply to Peter Cullen aswell, but to that I say no. I think when Peter Cullen made his big comeback in the 2007 movie he sounded awesome. When Welker on the other hand came back to voice in TF he didn't sound good at all. I remember playing the 2007 movie game and hearing Welker, and he always sounded like he had a sore throat from there onwards rather than menacing. I think that's where David Kaye exceeds him as a few others who have voiced Megatron have too. Where every Megatron has had a unique voice portrayal at one point, Welker doesn't to me in my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

IMO, Galvatron maybe not. I feel Frank is great there. I just love the insanity he had.

However, if you consider Barneytron in the Megatron list, David is the better one IMO. His performance in the Beast Era shows was fantastic. He was alright in the Unicron Trilogy, but felt too restrained due to the nature of the dubs. One thing is certain, though, I prefer David's UT Megs over Frank's TFP Megs any day of the week.

• Like Like x 3
  3. The Roman Empire1977

The Roman Empire1977 Treason of the highest order

YouTube (Legacy):
    I'll do you a better one, tlk megatron
    ( regardless of the sh*t show it was ) is the best megatron voice. Of course that's when I think of the merciless, aged tyrant. Bw Megatron however, David really sold a conceded, almost flirtatious murderer who takes what he wants at the expense of others.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No one legitimately likes Alpha Bravo as a character. He is visually just Shattered Glass Vortex and has no personality. The people who claim to like him only do because they think it was that he made G1 fans mad when it looked like we wouldn’t get a complete original Aerialbots team in CW.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    only in stop motions do i find the character intresting

• Like Like x 1
  6. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

He is Vortex in disguise in my head canon.

But Shattered glass Vortex is an interesting idea. Maybe instead of an interrogator he is a psychiatrist who specializes in info gathering and brings others for a soothing ride in Helicopter mode.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I like him. And not because he "made G1 fans mad."

• Like Like x 5
  8. Ultimaster09

Ultimaster09 waging a constant war against all hot rods

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

He has fans, doesn't he? He was in that one "Of Masters and Mayhem" story: Foundation and Wreckage Part 1: Deadly Aim - Transformers Wiki I think this was enough to put him on the map for some people.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

Grimlock should appear with the other Dinobots more frequently.

I also like their origin in the Sunbow cartoon.

Grimlock is fine without a mouth in robot mode.

The Dinobots robot mode should be their main form, it makes their Dino mode special and a big deal when they transform.

• Like Like x 6
  11. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Learning about G1 Combiner scaling made me appreciate ROTF Devy a hell lot more. Holy shit, what a clusterfuck:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    And that's not even getting into the made-up robot designs for the Combaticons. But yeah, as the Wiki puts it, "Scale in Transformers is, not to put too fine a point on it, screwed." MST3K Mantra is in full force here.

13. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe not unpopular, but you can be a big Transformers fan without buying the toys. It's a reality I have to face now that my finances are being directed towards more responsibilities while fantastic figures of my favorite characters are being released between Earthrise and Kingdom (also dropping the IDW series for the same reason). Doesn't diminish my love for the franchise or make me less of a fan in my opinion (and hey, maybe I'll finally get a higher paying job sometime).

• Like Like x 14
  14. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Quit

As of right now, my favorite franchise font has been the one from the Bay film's 4k blu-ray. And I hope it gets used more.

865e86a935ce6e8f25e3d9a080828094.jpg

Something about it grabs my attention uniquely. Or it just might be me getting sick of that red RID2015 / Combiner Wars font they've been using since 2015.

15. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

You know, when you really think about it, G1 Galvatron's alternate mode is even worse than Megatron's. Like, we all make the "Starscream's targetmaster" jokes and complain about the logistics, and complain about mass shifting, but at the very least there's some advantages to transforming into a gun. Like it makes you a lot less conspicuous when you fit in like a pocket or a briefcase and can be snuck around and you're just a smaller target in general.

But a cannon?

Like b r u h

You already had the cannon barrel on your arm and it was totally functional, why do you need to replace your head and limit your maneuverability?? Cause don't try to argue just because he has treads he's still mobile, he's a lot less mobile than an actual dude with functioning legs and arms able to move.

The cannon mode offers nothing besides the bland excuse of "his shots are more powerful in alt mode" which is honestly incredibly stupid, and even if he has greater firepower in that mode, it doesn't matter if you can't hit your fucking target.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

That’s one reason I think Titans Return Galvatron is actually kinda cool. His spaceship mode isn’t exactly the most convincing as a spaceship, but it doesn’t really need to be aerodynamic when it’s in space. Just adds a little something I guess.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I think I'm the opposite. I'm finding that the older I get (ironically), the more I'm a fan of the toys. Most of the shows/movies have been disappointing, and I'm intentionally avoiding re-watching the original G1 series because I'm afraid I won't like it. I don't want to ruin a cherished childhood memory.

• Like Like x 2
  18. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    That's why I use TR Galvatron in my comic, and he most often uses the spaceship altmode. In fact, I don't think he's ever actually used the cannon mode.

19. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

I mean, if you're remembering it as a masterpiece, then you'll be disappointed. But viewing it for what it is, which is a goofy and fun, sometimes rough around the edges, and sometimes charming Reagan-era Saturday morning toy cartoon can give you good perspective. If it helps, I'm 20 and about a year ago I finished watching the original show about a year ago and enjoyed it. There are certain episodes that are infamously made fun of, but overall it's pretty good.

• Like Like x 5
  20. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

It doesn't matter when you hate all scourges

• Like Like x 5