Minor/Repaint: tutorial: articulating cyberverse ultra shockwave's cannon arm!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SG hailstorm, Oct 12, 2018.

1. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    love ultra class cyberverse shockwave but hate the lack of articulation in his left arm? there's a fix for that! it's pretty simple, all you need is an exacto knife and the figure itself.

PLEASE NOTE!!! this mod requires cutting and precision so PLEASE be careful if you are going to attempt this mod.

all you need to do is simply cut along where the natural bend for shockwave's arm would be below the pin, once you've done so you should be able to go from this:

20181012_000058.jpg

to this!

20181012_000140.jpg

looks pretty good too!

20181012_000216.jpg

here is a more up-close-and-personal example of where you will need to cut, once you have the base cut shockwave's arm will be articulated:

20181012_000326.jpg

however, given it was molded without a bend some excess plastic will need to be filed/cut away so you don't stress the pin that holds the arm together over time, so once you've made your cut what i recommend is bending the arm back with the new elbow facing you so you can see what you're working with, then just file/cut any excess plastic as needed until you get a bend you feel happy with and won't break the figure!

20181012_000342.jpg

enjoy fellas!

(P.S: this mod in no way effects shockwave's transformation, hence why i lack any alt mode pics in this post)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 14
  2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Nice. Dont have the figure but If im gifted one later ill be doing this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. macdougs

macdougs Member

I just did this exact same thing on Monday and it works great. I was kind of regretting the purchase but now I'm quite happy with him. I also added a hose using a flexible LEGO tube that I drilled and glued into his backpack and gun arm.

• Like Like x 2
  4. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Sweet thats why i love the fandom! Good idea ill definitely be doing this. Thanks for sharing broh!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I knew this figure had potential. You’ve certainly proved my thoughts. I’ll have to find this guy on discount so it’s truly worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NewtypeS3

NewtypeS3 Well-Known Member

The cutting looks horrifying, but he end results are so awesome. Well done!

• Like Like x 2
  7. macdougs

macdougs Member

Actually it's not too bad, though I did use a hobby saw (just a different blade for a hobby knife) which let me make a slow and precise cut. The only thing stopping me from recommending this to others is that I'm not sure how the friction of the pin will hold up over time or whether the tightness will vary from case to case.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Under the hood

Under the hood New Member

Does this look good when the arm is not bent and down if so plz send a picture