Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

5e78uf.jpg
    I've finally emptied my alerts after about 5 minutes

• Like Like x 10
  2. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Welcome to Bayverse; an explosive landscape made up of plot holes, explosions, retcons, explosions, name slaps, explosions,and obligatory tits and ass.

Welcome to Knightvision; Cohesive Storyline, Cybertron, Iconic Transformers, likeable main human character, Cybertron.

ROTB; How many different Transformers universes can we fit into one movie.

:lol 

• Like Like x 9
  3. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    117431199_772888246877069_3869671097987099198_n.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  4. wreckgar39

wreckgar39 I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way.

News Credits:
    Bay is tied to it in name almost certainly because he presents familiarity to the general public. No offense to anyone here, but we are not
    the Decepticons
    the target audience. This movie is for mindless concessions consumption, a massive toy advertisement, a way for people to kill time with friends, or any mix of the above. The more general the audience can be for this, the better. News flash: non-transformers fans do not beg to see G1 Optimus or beasts in these movies. All these niche characters on the big screen are for us to enjoy. The Bay design choices and action sequences are meant to draw in and keep everybody else, because they print money. The Bay films weren't the best, but they weren't Devil worship like some treat it as. They were predictable and people knew what to expect beforehand: big explosions and robot fights for 2 hours. Perfect to spend a Saturday afternoon with your family and friends, jamming popcorn down your throat all the while. They also know critic reviews for the Bay directed films, so keeping a fraction of the Bay DNA provides security in case it bombs. And, let's be honest guys. Would you prefer a movie featuring G1 Optimus, Beast Wars and all of that to be bad while standing out on its own, or would you prefer the same movie be bad with the excuse of Bay tied to it?

• Like Like x 19
  5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    A big roster doesn't mean you can't have character arcs. It just means not everyone will get one, which is fine.

Establishing a few strong characters here (let's say Primal, Rhinox, Airazor) will be enough to build a core cast around for any potential sequels/spinoffs where they can start to build up other characters around them.

New continuity, new rules. She's a bot named Nightbird, but not *that* Nightbird.

• Like Like x 2
  6. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Except the Lead is apparently optimus.

7. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not excited by any of this. It seems like it is going to be a mess trying to rewrite the universe established by the Bay movies.

It's my opinion, but the box office receipts back it up. As bad as The Last Knight was, it decimated Bumblebee at the global box office.

Bumblebee was a lazily written terrible movie with horrendous acting by most of the cast, minus Steinfeld. Even though her story was meaningless. John Cena was terrible and I have no idea how John Ortiz still gets parts. The guy is painful to watch.

The entire movie had around 15 minutes of film worth watching and could have been a story about a girl and her stray dog, as much as it was a movie about Transformers if you take that 15 minutes out. Take out the opening scene and turn Bumblebee into a runaway dog, with Shatter and Dropkick as evil dog catchers trying to bring Bee back to the pound. I think they made that exact movie multiple times in the 1980s and 90s.

Bumblebee is in the same league as The Last Jedi to me. Throwing Maximals and Predacons into a live action movie just seems like a desperate move of doing something they didn't already do in six other movies.

But hey, if someone else is excited, good for you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

News Credits:
    Oh obvious, bcs something being good or not is totally objective
    I'll say again: as a mindless action movie, they were great. As a tf movie prob not

I was talking about they being similar. For a long time I thought Optimus Primal was the same Optimus Prime but monke

9. Daiguey

Daiguey Active Member

Honestly curious about how these new beast modes are going to translate into the movie, are they all going to look like AoE Dinobots meets Skyline aliens?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    To be fair, I think having the terrorcons be a sort of missing link between the Predacons and Decepticons would have been a cool idea.

• Like Like x 4
  11. GrimlockPrime19

News Credits:
    I never said TF should be a mindless action movie. I'm saying for what they were, mindless action, they were good

12. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As someone who cut their teeth getting back into Transformers via the 2007 Michael Bay movie, and didn't remain a steadfast fan from childhood to adulthood, I'm super stoked about this movie. The BB movie had a few shining moments, but was overshadowed by a melodramatic hollow back story between the female protagonist and her now deceased father. In that film BB and the TF's played second banana to that story and frankly felt almost unnecessary to the narrative thrust. Ultimately what that movie lacked was a clear focus on the TF's as being the central focus- a trait that Bay for all of his bravura always managed to capture. Here's hoping this film amps up the Transformers (it is there movie after all), keeps the human characters in their proper place as support, and gets back to the all out action that Bay did so well and that really showcased the CGI bots to their fullest awe-inspiring extent.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

OK, this is... Something. With that much stuff, they'd need to be very careful with how it's all handled. They need to pick a select few characters from each faction to focus on. After that, I still don't want to see the Terrorcons (or Predacons) turning into cannon fodder. Also, if they want to appeal to mass audiences, they better have a damn good explanation for why there's four factions and why they were all needed in this movie. Likewise, they'll really need to do a lot of work in separating Prime from Primal.

The Autobots aren't very exciting, as they sound exactly like the uninspired G1 redoes I expected. The Maximals are slightly better, since they're getting stylistically redone as robotic animals. Still, that's nothing more than an aesthetic change and it doesn't sound like it lasts. The Terrorcons are the most interesting, with Scourge sounding like he might be very distinct from previous versions of the character. Hopefully, as we learn more, we'll start to see more of this creativity shine through, but I suspect it'll be limited to just the Terrorcons or maybe even just Scourge.

• Like Like x 2
  14. GrimlockPrime19

News Credits:
    I hope they are among Aoe Dinobots, Optimus Primal concept, TFP Predacons and UT Scourge

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I hear you, but I can't get behind slapping names on robots. I get wanting change, but does anything matter then? Why not make Optimus green and a Vespa and name him Leader-1? Characters matter. Transformers history does matter.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the Bay movies are the worst offender, and the most contentious among the fan base.

It is entirely possible to do something new, and do the history of Transformers justice as well. They aren't mutually exclusive.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:

• Like Like x 3
  17. D15M45

D15M45 Player Hater

Not partiularly exited, but if it keeps the toys coming then so be it. 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Daiguey

Daiguey Active Member

Honestly curious about how these new beast modes are going to translate into the movie, are they all going to look like AoE Dinobots meets Skyline aliens?

19. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

The Unicron Trilogy still has the Bayverse beat in terms of nameslaps, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like Like x 2
  20. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

The way I see it, as long as Bay isn't the director of the movie, I don't think the new movie will be a shitshow or anything like that. I don't think Bumblebee was a masterpiece of a movie, but I think it was a lot closer to what the live-action movies should've been in the first place. Having it blur the line between being a prequel and a reboot didn't really help the situation, but I think Bumblebee was better than all of the Michael Bay movies. I'm gonna stay optimistic for now, but again the concerns I've heard from some of you make sense.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Let me be super clear I have ZERO problem with the beast characters. My issue is exclusively with it potentially being tied to the Bayverse.

And of course no mention of Ironhide, where the hell is the cowboy Ironhide :D ?!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Ivypool

Ivypool Well-Known Member

Legit surprised not to see Cheetor here.
    But I quite like most of the alt modes described, especially:
    Bumblebee is a classic Camaro with off-road extensions. 2nd gen 70s camaro, raised, z/28 badging, external framing, chunky wheels, light bar on top a la Ratchet.”
    That sounds ridiculous in a great way.