Titans Return Wave 5 Assortment list

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, May 31, 2017.

1. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would cost the same do release a repaint, except for the planing of said repaint, that would have to have been done in advance.
    Gnaw would have been a good repack for this wave see as he's good for troop building, but I think so many people missed out on T30 Cosmos that hasbro wanted to be sure he got out there.

2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It also frees up their budget a bit by padding out waves with prior release figures. If anything, the hardest waves to move are the solid cases of one kind of figure. It's great the first or second time they show up at retail. But once everyone gets what they want, you end up with a leader CW Skywarp situation...

3. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Given a lot people ended up with self destructing Wolfwires, the repack is a good thing. Hopefully they fixed the canopy issue.

• Like Like x 2
  4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware of this issue. What was happening, his canopy was breaking?

Regarding this wave, I'm glad to see Seapray and Cosmos will be plentiful. Still hoping to see Carnivac at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The clear plastic hinge cracks apart from just looking at it funny.

6. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only Titanmaster from wave 3 that is even slightly rare around me is Fangry. They could stand to re-release Crashbash, Terri-Bull, and Clobber, all of whom haven't been seen since their debut wave (wave 1 titanmasters were somewhat rare here, and wave 2 had some weird revision case that brought back Nightbeat & Loudmouth to replace Clobber & Flywheels).

Legends wave 5 is also kinda rough, it wouldn't hurt too much to re-release Wheelie or Gnaw, or add in another repaint (they REALLY can't justify doing Blue Rumble?), these waves with just two new characters are rough.

Leaders is another one where I hope we see some revision, re-releasing Sixshot. I think Soundwave shipped by himself and with Optimus, maybe also with Blaster. Sixshot has been pretty rare around here, he could stand another chance on store shelves.

+-MWG-+

7. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

I wonder what ever happened to the rumored Optimus Prime and Toraizer titanmasters that were supposed to be in this wave.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  8. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Could have added some more Shufflers and Repugnusi in that TM wave instead of Overboard or Ptero. All the TMs Ive seen restocked around here (what little TMs get stocked that is) have been Sawback's wave. Never seen Shuffler in person.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Surprised they're not doing ridiculous proportions like 3 Hot Rods ;)  Really looking forward to these waves! Especially Blitzwing, Octane, and Overlord.

Don't know why there isn't a repack of Sixshot. I've only seen him once in the store. Glad to already have him and glad to have a better chance of getting Overlord. Sixshot is probably my favorite TR figure by far. A perfect remake of G1 Sixshot. Really been loving this line... even with some of the QC issues with the first waves.

• Like Like x 1
  10. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Next Wave?

Similarly numbered products usually are released together but have ended up in different waves in the past

UPC/EAN barcode list for modern Transformers toys

Ramhorn: Hasbro product code # C2391, UPC # 630509550098
    Optimus Prime: Hasbro product code # C2389
    Toraizer: Hasbro product code # C2390

Compare with:

Autobot Stripes: Hasbro product code # B5610, UPC # 630509385683 (TR Legends Wave 1)
    Wreck-Gar: Hasbro product code # B5611, UPC # 630509385676 (CW Legends Wave 6)
    Autobot Rewind: Hasbro product code # B5612, UPC # 630509385669 (TR Legends Wave 1)

Ravage: Hasbro product code # B7022, UPC # 630509414451 (TR Legends Wave 2)
    Decepticon Rumble: Hasbro product code # B7023, UPC # 630509414468 (TR Legends Wave 2)
    Autobot Wheelie: Hasbro product code # B7024, UPC # 630509414475 (TR Legends Wave 1)

Laserbeak: Hasbro product code # B7585, UPC # 630509463725 (TR Legends Wave 2)

11. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trypticon is the one that I'm really looking forward too :p  But yeah Overlord will be great too, surprised that the Voyagers are 1 a case still and not 2, going to make finding those 2 hard to find still for folks who still haven't gotten them...

12. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

I forgot about that. So I suppose that means at least a few of the rumored titanmasters for wave 6 were just bullshit. Supposedly, there were at least FIVE: Rattletrap, Grotesque, Ranger, Hosehead, and Arcee.

13. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Interesting. Thanks, good to know! I'll be more careful with mine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Unless the stores order 2 boxes (which they do). The even distribution is a good thing (usually). Then there are times where it feels like people are buying for the sake of rarity (Krok and Quake). :rolleyes2 

Overall, I like the spread (other than Wolfwire... he's going to shelfwarm :banghead: ). And the Titan Masters... ugh. If they're going to make 1 new toy per wave, they should consider sending stores small boxes of JUST the new toy. The entire business model rests on putting BRAND NEW products on shelves; not putting out recycled products from 3-6 months ago! :banghead: 

To put it in other words, it's incredibly annoying to see a toy from last year again. I always walk into a store wondering if it's old, leftover stock. Which then makes me think that particular store is bad for getting toys... which creates a bad mental association that hurts the store's sales. So... if Hasbro isn't going to bother even changing the package up a bit, it's really off-putting for those of us who regularly shop. But then, I guess none of this is intended for regular collectors? :confused: 

• Like Like x 1
  15. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think I`m going to wait and see what sort of special surprises TT has up their sleeves . And after seeing MPOP I have no doubt were going to be wowed by what ever it is they decide to reveal .

16. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Still going with Takara for Overlord. If, and mean IF, Hasbro solicits Overlord in a reasonable timeframe with a reasonable delivery date, I might consider ordering a few for my drought-stricken area. But probably not.

17. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm actually super-excited for TR Cosmos because his head is now molded in red instead of white. Generations Cosmos is prone to some pretty nasty paint wear up top.

18. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

Well now I kind of want a Weirdwolf/wire that actually self-destructs. "DECEPTICONS FOREVER!!!" *blammo*

19. bkz

bkz Deceptifiend

Instead of Cosmos, we should have gotten Freeway or Searchlight (Roadburn w/ new head).

• Like Like x 1
  20. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Walmarts are overrun with Wave 1. They got the Hotrod wave and then restocked dozens of shelfwarming figures. For some reason there are a ton of Soundwaves by me as well.

Broadside is clogging up the Voyager space. I guess the buyers thought everyone would buy an Autobot aircraft carrier. I saw Sixshot once and bought him, never seen another one. Same thing with SkyShadow, saw two in one Target and never saw one again.

I bought the only Shuffler and Repugnus I ever saw. I thought Brawn would have been impossible, but he is everywhere and now so is Kickback.

The distribution is terrible.

• Like Like x 2