Titans Return Episode 4, "Overlord and Emissary" Released

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by smf2045, Nov 28, 2017.

1. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Overlord has a Texan accent. Sounded honestly like an evil Hank Hill.

I rather have the character be voiced by Vic Mignonga in the Broly voice.

• Like Like x 2
  2. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Maybe you can sue machinim.

3. Shockblade501

Shockblade501 Well-Known Member

Is no one going to mention that Mistress of Flame for some reason thinks Sentinel Prime is one of the original 13???

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shockblade501

Shockblade501 Well-Known Member

You're very right about the evil Hank Hill thing.

I've always read Overlords voice in the comics to sound like Toffee from Star vs the Forces of Evil, but with a little more dramaticism to the voice, and it's a perfect pair, at least with the plump lipped overlord from idw imo.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

Aw man, you're probably right. I was thinking Robert DeNiro in Cape Fear.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    They've probably just added Sentinel to the roster of the 13 in this continuity to avoid the whole Arisen/"Optimus-is-actually-a-god" thing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Can they please turn the background music down? It's the same volume as the speaking....

• Like Like x 3
  8. Cashie

Cashie Member

That was A-grade awful.

Here's my checklist:
    -Looks awful
    -Sounds awful
    -Tediously slow moving
    -Actionless "action"
    -Nothing interesting happens

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ugh. The animation in this series is so slow. It makes me want to fast forward so it can be watched at a normal speed. That split screen thing also was really jarring. Who animated these shows? Did they even play it back after making it?

The Titan battle made the WORST Godzilla movie look like an Oscar winning performance. Emissary coming out of nowhere was unexpected and was probably the only pleasant surprise of that battle.

Overlord coming in was cool and I like his voice, but killing off MoF so easily was lackluster. My complaint about her boring monolithic voice in Combiner Wars is just the same here, so maybe killing her is not a bad thing. Maybe they will make her become Elita One?

The combiners being the personality again instead of the individual bots is lazy IMO. The scenes with them feel like a boring exercise why Combiner Wars wasn't well received in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  10. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How is this connected to the story

11. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I'm liking this a lot. I have a feeling I'll like it even more when it comes to an end and I can binge watch it. There's a clear escalation that's happening with each episode that I think the slow build and dragonball-esque pacing and battles will play better collected.

As far as the animation goes, I wouldn't have minded if we'd got this same style, story and design choices but animated by the crew that's doing (well, did...forgot it's over) RiD15.

Having said that, this is much better than CW (yeah yeah, not saying much but bear with me). I get the framerate thing but as far as everything moving slow, imo they're moving at about the speed they should be. Plus, smaller bots zoom and fly along as they have less mass so not everything is slow. Just the bigger, massive bots are slower by choice/design and given the mass of these guys (Titans/combiners, it's the right call).

If there's one thing I'd criticize is, why don't Metroplex and Trypticon use their vast arsenal on one another instead of going H2H? Metro is low on power and in bad shape combatwise so I get that. But Trypticon is at full strength and I'd think he'd use his mouth cannons, nose cannon, and shoulder cannons to further damage 'Plex in addition to the hand to hand?

• Like Like x 2
  12. LEGOprime

LEGOprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's hardly necessary to have that music playing through the whole episode without breaks, anyway. The music in this show and Combiner Wars just feeds into the overbearingly dramatic tone when it's constantly playing, especially at the volume that they put it at.

Episode 3 gave me some hope that the series was gonna improve by at least just a little bit, but episode 4's really diminished that feeling by a lot. I'm kinda glad that the big battle between Trypticon and Metroplex is still going on, though, since I originally expected Trypticon to be a disappointment and only last through one or two episodes. I still really dislike the Mistress of Flame, and I'll just say that I like Overlord's voice, but... definitely just not for Overlord. I just wonder if we're ever gonna get Transformers shows like Beast Wars, Animated, or Prime again... :redface2: 

13. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn\'t really mind the overlord voice do think they should\'ve picked someone else but he was still nice to pop up, I think this is the best episode yet of both this series and the other one that i dare not say its name 

14. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, it's clear the biggest issue with this show remains budget and scope. That's why the frame rate is low. That's why the battle between Trypticon and Metroplex amounts to little more than a sumo match. That's why Fort Max (barring him being reawakened by the end) is only semi-functional. That's why Peter Cullen isn't in every episode. That's why it cuts somewhat abruptly and jarringly away from the action it was crescendo-ing towards in a previous episode to something completely different out of nowhere. And it's why the audio mixing, especially in the first episode imo, is really muddied.

Why isn't it up to the standards of BW, Prime, Armada, etc. as people frequently opine? Because it was never going to be that. I feel like to enjoy this, one has to sort of make peace with the fact that this is a low budget super brief web series more like Star Wars Forces of Destiny (but more serialized and with less production heft behind it presumably) than Star Wars Rebels or Clone Wars. I've come to terms with the fact that it was never going to be that, and never will be.

As such, I actually am really - truly - enjoying it for what it is. A bit of G1 flavored fun that makes me smile and look over at my Generations figures with a twinkle in my eyes, that is at least better than the amount of G1 flavored content available before these... meaning, none at all.

We'd all love a fully fledged series but this was never going to be that, so I don't hold it to those standards personally. And by those lowered standards, I'm having a great time watching it personally. But that's just me.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
  15. Alphard

Alphard The Munkky With A Bowl On Its' Head

News Credits:
    Overlord's voice startled me, but I actually kind of like it.
    Reminds me of Gambit. If Gambit were a psychopathic murderous sixchanger.
    It makes him sound more regal than I was expecting.

If we get Overlord in any english media again I would like this to stick with him.

Nice pick, yess.
    It's not generic BRITISH VILLAIN VOICE, nor is it GENERIC EASTERN EUROPEAN VILLAIN accent. It's nice and not the standard.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. I'm optimistic that this web series will pave the way towards a full budget Generations show.

• Like Like x 3
  17. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    FUCK that opening scene with Overlord was awkward. I get that they were trying to show that her attacks didn't phase him but it was done so poorly. Like the dialogue from another scene glitched onto that one.

• Like Like x 3
  18. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it is part that. But there's also just a lot of...amateurish mistakes made, too. Like the sound-mixing. It doesn't bother me as much as it seems to other people, but it does need to come down a bit. It needs to compliment the scene, not overtake it.

The voice-acting is just...all over the place. I keep forgetting Nolan North is voicing Metroplex. He sounds so dang flat. Whereas Wil Wheaton and Jason David Franks, who are doing just fine, feel like they're overacting when placed next to The Mistress of Flame and Metroplex.

Also... apparently Overlord's voice actor, Patrick Seitz, voiced Dio Brando in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

"You were expecting Megatron, but it was I; Overlord!"

• Like Like x 4
  19. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    I’ve been on the commode for hours. Legs and buttocks numb. I can’t feel my feet!?! My tablet is about to run out of power. I’ll not be able to get help. All because of this show.

Tell my tale. Tell it truly. It’s up to you now.

• Like Like x 2
  20. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    It's an Evil Hank Hill. What would you expect? Next thing you know, Overlord will be selling Propane & Propane Accessories thanks to this.

Fun Fact: he also was Devastator in Combiner Wars before he got recasted by Rob Dyke. Personally, Overlord's voice should be like this.