The Official Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Capirus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:

I freaking hate it. I've also dealt with the other kind where someone ups their bid a dollar every couple hours over the course of the week.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    also.. three words:

the last scene.
    Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 10.23.42 AM.png
    (sorry for potato quality... but its screencapped from a dailymotion vid)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    If you show your whole hand early people have time to test how high your bid is. The only way I found to win auctions is the snipe at the end. Is it stupid? Absolutely, but it seems the only way for me to win auctions. It why I like Buy-it-nows and Make-best-offers. But yeah, that sucks.

• Like Like x 3
  4. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    I hate it when I come up with the perfect meme, go to quote somebody and find they deleted their post :mad: 

• Like Like x 9
  5. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

The fuck is going on with Optimal Optimus and SS wave 2 deluxe!? Heard the latter just got in during the Target revision but mine just put out more shit from wave 1!:mad: 

• Like Like x 1
  6. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    thats true. I have sniped a few before.

Sometimes I am just too lazy to watch it to the very end... so I just throw in my max early.

7. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

Wut! A happy Galvatron?
    I only know angry Galvatron and crazy.
    The world is full of surprises.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I gave up on auctions ever since I lost an FE Bulkhead at the last second. I got him eventually at least.

9. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Yeah, auctions are pretty much the worst. And funnily enough usually leave the seller with less money than if they did a buy-it-now. I've been trying to get Unit-3 and 2014 Flamewar and the problem was either someone outbid me seconds before it ended or they were asking an obscene price for them. I used to get lazy and put my max in but I never won a single auction that way. Somehow, there was a person out there who was willing to pay more than $150 for either of the two things I mentioned. I mean I want them and they're cool, but not $200 cool.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I cannot for the life of me get the appeal of the movie series TF. The designs are visually messy and plain hurtful to my eyes. Funny that their Alt modes are great, but robot mode looks like hot garbage!

And Beast Wars, why would you want a robot that TF's into a furry animal?
    I say furry because bugs are different (armors, weapons, etc.) are built into them species-wise so it would make sense (Insecticons).

And, even after hanging around here, I still have problems remembering WTF does CHUG means. lol Sounds like the drinking chant people say at kegger parties.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

I'm still butt hurt over the prices of MP BW Dinobot and Megatron

12. BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland

BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    when the fuck are we gonna get an actual transformers game

• Like Like x 7
  13. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    So you must hate the G1 Predacons then, right? You specified Insecticons as okay even though they're metallic looking unlike the Beast Wars insects, so if all insects of any type get a pass then surely all mammals of any kind don't?

• Like Like x 4
  14. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Never was a fan of the predacons.

But I like Voltron so... conflicted? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. Collectotron

Collectotron Pretender Defender

News Credits:
    No they shouldn’t they’d mis transform it I mean have you seen their stock photos ?;) 

• Like Like x 6
  16. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have! Touche. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. TheRebirth

TheRebirth Well-Known Member

Why are all the classic deluxes half an inch shorter than the prime trilogy ones????

35 years and still no decent deluxe G1 Prime? The classics mold could have been okay, at least in robot mode, but they had to put ridges on his right shoulder so you can't put a sticker there. Grrr!!!! As far as truck mode - well, maybe he just won't transform.

35 years and still no decent deluxe G1 Megatron? Stop trying to pass off spray painted Brawls and Blitzwings!!!! He doesn't even have to be a gun, but can we at least get a decent robot mode?

Not much luck with the Prime or Megatron legends either. The Reveal the Shield ones are okay for what they are, but TOO SMALL compared to current legends! Thrilling 30 could have been great, then they had to go IDW. Not bad, but NOT WHAT I WANT!!! And then they have the nerve to try to pass that Prime off as Huffer and Pipes... ???????

Still waiting on updated versions of those guys. We'll probably never get a good Huffer...

• Like Like x 1
  18. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Dear Hasbro,
    Only releasing the last 5 Prime Masters exclusive to overpriced figure sets is bullshit of the highest caliber.
    Also,
    Fuck You Optimus Primal.
    If it weren't for your stupid Munky ass, Arcimus Prime, Megatronus Prime, Magnimus Prime, or Shocktimus Prime could have happened.
    I despise your fucking stupid munky ass, and your Beast Wars pandering, Hasbro.

Oh, you think putting the losing candidate's pictures on the munky throne is fucking funny, Hasbro?
    HAHAHA FUCK YOU.
    I hope Arcee kicks your ass, Optimus Primal.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Beast Wars pandering? One can dream.

• Like Like x 13
  20. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Honestly, I like the SDCC exclusive and am pretty into Beast Era toys, but by God I still think that Optimus Primal winning was a waste of the Power of the Primes poll.

Out of all the characters that were featured in that poll with unique traits for their step up to being a leader, the character we had to choose was a guy who has already taken a leadership role — therefore being repetitious — but also happens to have a name and head design very similar to an already established Matrix bearer. I think guys like Magnus or Megatron would have been more of a waste, but we choose "leader guy named Optimus with a mouth guard looking thing and antennae but he's totally different, lemme tell you why" over designs that we have never seen before, as well as stories like a humble loyal scout thrust into the leadership, a fiercely protective aggressive warrior being chosen by the gods, a cold unfeeling scientist granted the power and authority by the deities to plunge Cybertron into a harsh new world order, etc? There is so much squandered potential here. It shouldn't have even been a poll in my opinion, for what should be a huge turning point in the franchise it would have been better if they just picked one and put all their effort into adding to the lore and designing the toy.

Not to mention that maybe if another bot were voted in, maybe I would have liked the retail colors enough to not be obsessing over something that is very difficult to get unless one drops $90+ on it.

But POTP is the line of squandered potential. Laziness was obvious from the get go what with no new gimmick but rather reused and repurposed ones, but also with the choice to make a damn toyline named after a group of characters and then not make them, instead opting for slapping their names and powers onto random other characters therefore halfassing two things at once. Under what justification? Some designers didn't want to work, saying these characters are "hard to imagine."

Then, when some people are into the gimmick, Hasbro squanders the potential further and straight pulls the rug out from under buyers, leaving them with incomplete teams, needing to get said expensive Primal from earlier to complete one set.

Good for the line's sake, at least Combiners are a pretty fun gimmick (if somewhat burnt out for some) and the line does have some nice toys. The flaws of the line do make one the good toys quite a bit. Doesn't keep it from being a big disappointment, however even in my opinion hands down the worst line of recent Generations (until possibly the line of barbeque stain and block pompadour Prime, but that remains to be seem.)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 9