The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TWS? Eh, Ant-Man beat it in my book. It might end up being #1 for me, but it's got GOTG standing in it's way.

The villain helped amp it up, I thought he was the perfect fit for it. He was part of the fun because he was so ridiculous.

Speaking of the final battle, it was equal parts impressive and probably the darkest of the Marvel movies thus far. It's one thing to have an entire village or city in the grasp of the villain(s) but what Yellowjacket pulled? I mean, he was going to KILL her. All by her lonesome, and seeing him hold her in his clutches...it made me realize how big the stakes really were.

Shows you how talented the people behind this universe really are. This movie was the most impressive tight rope act I've seen in a very long time. It was funny, full of heart so you felt it, thrilling and put you in a really dark place, then brought it back without disrespecting the material or the audience.

I feel bad for Marvel...damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they waited until all.of the characters were unveiled and then had the three free for smash em up flicks that are known as the Avengers, audiences and critics would've complained about ending the series with nothing but ridiculous ultraviolence. If they do it as they are, we don't like the roller coaster of one big blow 'em up in one flick and then a solid gem such as this one, which we all seem to want more of, so...yeah, their job is a pretty awful one.

2. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

I sat through "Flags of Our Fathers" on a bet. I think I was just expecting more out of an Arnie film set in the Zombie Apocalypse (even one that is more a Drama)

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ant-Man - I walked into this movie with very low expectations considering it is Ant-Man and came out immensely impressed. It feels like watching the first Iron Man movie all over again. It was fun, had some really great character moments, and the action was well done. It didn't try to do too much, but it does have some flaws (specifically a relationship moment between Hank and his daughter and the crappy characterization of Scott's daughter). There are some down right hilarious pieces as the comedy was perfect. It is definitely worth its 8/10 stars. Finally, there are scenes during and after the credits, so don't go anywhere.

4. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Oh, I still liked the villain, I just thought he was too similar to Jeff Bridges' villain in Iron Man. Speaking of the final battle, I adored when Scott entered the subatomic realm

Marvel will always have its critics. It's amusing when some folks say Avengers is too action-packed. It's the Avengers, what do they expect?

I hope Civil War also has less action and focuses more on the conflicts between the characters. Ant-Man shows that the next film doesn't always need to be bigger and badder

5. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Ant Man - 10/10. Loved so much I can't wait to see Wasp and Ant Man in more films. Heck I even went and got Marvel Legends Ant-Man after seeing it, it was that good.

6. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We went to see Double Indemnity in theaters today, it was amazing to see on the big screen. Nothing more I can say about the movie that I hadn't said in the past. A 9/10.

7. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Ant Man - 9/10

Rated A for Ant-Some.

8. SpacenoidMechwarrior

SpacenoidMechwarrior Ten years of quality TFW2005 Supporter

Jaws 3- 4/10.
    The only semi-funny parts were when the Shark roars/growls, the part where the one guy is on the stage screaming "GEDOUTTADAWATTUR!", the part where the shark breaks the glass and gets into the control room, one sequence where some dolphins try to distract the shark, and one seemingly swims into its mouth, and of course, when the shark explodes.

9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Blob - This was my first time seeing this thing and it was quite enjoyable. The audio seemed pretty awful in the beginning of the movie, which was quite distracting, but after about 10 minutes it was fine. The effects were pretty good for something from the videos, especially when dealing with the Blob itself. The characters weren't exactly the greatest though, but they were good enough because they weren't there just to die. Overall, I give it a 7/10 as it is a pretty solid film. Now I'm curious to see the remake, but Netflix and my library don't have it, which sucks.

10. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Incredibles -9.5/10

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

they have the blob if you get the dvds. i haven't seen that movie in awhile, i might see it again.

12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't want to buy the remake though since I only intend to watch it once. It did come out on BD, but it was released by Twilight Time and is out of print.

13. Dolza_Khyron

lol no no, i am saying netflix has it, if you get the mail rental dvds.

14. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

The Running Man 8/10
    Whoda thunk Arnold would ever be in a movie (loosely) based on a Stephen King novel (albeit one written under his pseudonym, Richard Bachman)? Arnie quips more one-liners here than he did in Batman and Robin, but they're clever. The TV show host was awesome.

15. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh, I don't, I only have Netflix streaming services. $15 was just way too much for a service we barely used.

16. Ultra saber

Ultra saber WRECK AND RULE

News Credits:
    Spy - 10/10 - Hilarious, not laughed that much in a while, Rose Byrne is excellent

Jurassic World 8/10 - Kinda boring in parts, but turned out to be a wild ride, excellent performances by particularly Bryce Dallas Howard

17. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Inadvertently had a "Korean-themed" movie weekend:

The Interview - 5/10

Without all the controversy, this would've been yet another forgettable, phoned-in comedy from the gang headed straight to the bargain bin.
    Watched Superbad last week and that still holds up, this however will not. Laughs were extremely few and far between so it doesn't work as a pure comedy, nor is it thought-provoking enough to truly make a statement, so it's stuck in no man's lands and fails at both.

Old Boy (2003) - 9/10

Holy f*ckin' sh!t what did I just watch?!?! I had to mull over this one for a while before giving a proper score.
    For anyone who hasn't seen it/knows nothing about it going in (like myself): any simple, non-spoiler synopsis doesn't begin to prepare you for what's ahead.
    While the crux of the story is completely effed up, and I currently don't have the urge to sit through it again, there's no denying this is a superbly crafted film and accomplishes what it sets out to do. From the themes, to the tone, to the way scenes are shot and choreographed, to not following standard film conventions (and more importantly succeeding at it), top-to-bottom this is truly a masterpiece.

*Could've completed the trifecta with The Host (2006), which I do own, but we'd seen it already.

18. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Ant-Man - 7/10

Another solid addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Paul Rudd did a great job of bringing comedy to the role, although Michael Pena's small role definitely had the most LOL moments. I enjoyed Michael Douglas' Hank Pym and thought his role in the movie was very appropriate. They did a great job of world-building and it was evident that a lot of concepts explored here will be used in future MCU films.

19. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Winnie the Pooh (2011)- 7/10

Short and sweet.

20. Dolza_Khyron

lol i noticed.

i do both, in order to get full access to everything they have. since they barely have anything on the instant anymore. and netflix has a lot of really old, out of print dvd's too. which comes in handy a lot. and is what i mostly watch with their dvds.