TF4: Headmasters

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by FakeEyes22, Jul 11, 2011.

1. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt I'm the first person to imagine this, but I was wondering how they could possibly bring back any of these dead characters for a sequel when the majority of them have had their faces and heads obliterated or removed.

"They'd have to be Headmasters!" I laughed to myself. Ha-ha, that would be pretty funny and stupid.

Thinking about it, though, it could actually be possible. There could still be some power-hungry Decepticon supporters who have access to the alien technology. Some Autobots could volunteer for the Headmaster/Targetmaster process as a gesture of good will towards humans, the way they did in the Marvel comics(although the self-decapitation aspect was really weird)

I hated the idea of humans controlling the Transformers in the comics, but I sure loved the toys and I know that a film's got to have humans in it to play for the mass audience. Maybe the humans don't actually control the Autobots here. I wonder if it could work as far as streamlining the balance between the robot story and human soldier story that we've seen in the films. You've got your robots and your people there together all the time! And your people are kind of Transformers.

I don't actually think this is a particularly good idea, I just found it funny that in some ways it's a dumb idea that kind of works. I'd certainly love a few new Headmaster/Targetmaster toys, though. I'm wondering if anyone here can take this horrible idea and somehow spin it into something interesting, or even really cool.

2. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Optimus would have an orgasm!!

3. FakeEyes22

News Credits:
    Ha! He could rip heads off over and over again!

4. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

i think it would be pretty cool to have Igor be Megatron's headmaster :p 

5. FakeEyes22

News Credits:
    Suddenly, this all just became brilliant.

6. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

optimus and gavatron be powermasters
    hotrod and cycltron and other tfs be headmasters and targetmasters
    i like see sponak and ft maxmius in this movie
    decepticon clones and autobot clones too

7. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the thread... Igor is a head, Megatron now hasn't a head... do matemathics... the only problem is how to steal Megs body without the autobots noticing it, but well... doesn't really matters

8. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is movie like this.... Robot Jox lol

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Stupid, my foot. This is the best idea to hit the movie forum in a long while.

Honestly, if they wanted to run with the idea of humans aiding Decepticons like they did in DOTM, they ought to have trotted out human-Decepticon binary bonding from the get-go, followed by the Autobots being forced to respond in kind as a countermeasure. Headmaster, Powermaster and Targetmaster partners make the term 'Human Alliance' all the more relevant and interesting than the concept of humans merely fighting alongside the Transformers.

Bring on binary bonding. I'd love to see Ironhide return, with Lennox as his -Master partner. Also, it would mean a long overdue revival of -Master toys, and I will rejoice.

10. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LMAO

11. FakeEyes22

News Credits:
    Thanks!

I really want some new Headmaster toys. I think I'm probably still holding a childish grudge from the downgrade they received in '88 after I enjoyed the class of '87 so much.

Some binary bonding could be really interesting. The Decepticon Headmasters would seem like such unnatural monsters compared to the Autobots being close teammates with their upgrades. The relationship between the humans and transformers could make you care more about them in a way that I don't think has worked all that well for mass audiences outside of Sam & Bumblebee.

Plus, Headmaster toys. Or Targetmasters, Powermasters, Exo-Suits, etc.

12. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

i think i don't want another TF live action movie anymore after DOTM, unless it is directed by someone who has more skills in storytelling instead of focussing on effects and lame jokes.

13. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

For the love of Primus, no headmasters! That was awful in the original series.

14. Gieferg

Gieferg Well-Known Member

For me, Headmasters is a good idea to bring something new to the series. Also, with them in the film, we dont need human characters running around during battles like Sam did in three movies, or soldiers shooting Decepticons - instead, main human characters are parts of the transformers, so since we know that main human protagonist must always do something important, he may do it in robot form.