Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by pinoy78, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Also, FUCK that Pauline Spirit fight. Reduced jumping, a run-away target fight, a time limit, hostile Mario and hostile giant DK...AND on a jump-unfriendly stage? She's not even the final goddamn boss!

• Like Like x 4
  2. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

What is the point in spirits? I never used stickers. I want to play the characters how their meant to be played.

• Like Like x 1
  3. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    and THAT'S why i have my guide posted earlier.
    basically to replace trophies, add an RPG element, to help the creator teams have more time to focus on developments for the game and enrich the story mode with the concept that the spirits take over empty shells of the fighters. i like them.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. marvel b

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Actually, I ended up finding a way better and reliable means of doing it than ultimately praying to RNGJesus.

The trick is pretty much end the 'fight' before Mario even shows up.

Any 10k primary (I used Bison) + a spirit that gives you the spear (which is basically a sniper rifle) + a shooting weapon damage boosting spirit + movement speed boosting spirit. Additionally, I have the 'Adventure' skill which gives the shooting weapon damage buff as well.

Peach doesn't start moving until you approach her, and you're literally as far away from her as possible at the start - this further boosts your damage because the spear buffs itself based on how far away the target is. So all you gotta do is just go up to the platform immediately above your spawn and snipe that bitch. She won't dodge and two shots blasts her off the screen before Mario even hits the ground at the top.

It's stuff like this that show how creative the strategy can actually get with the spirit system...and why that's the greatest flaw of the whole spirits mode because outside of Adventure, you only get ONE SHOT until the spirit randomly appears again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. marvel b

News Credits:
    huh. i knew about her not moving, but i absolutely SUCK at using the staff weapon. i did give it several tries before resulting to my method (and knowing how i find making hard things easy just makes them hard in a different manner) your idea is definitely the best.
    yeah. that urks me quite a bit. i wonder how many spirits you can get in story (including fights, shops and upgrades) compared to the bounty board thing.

8. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Well, if anything is to learn about this is...

[​IMG]

At least it gave me the idea to make this.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Welp, looks like I've found the last round of real bullshit in the game - Giga Little Mac.

Absolutely no excuse for why this fight has to be so damn hard. I mean, he has super armor AND speed equal to that of Sonic? Why the fuck isn't he just the final boss instead of those flying Oroborous monsters that fell down like paper tigers?

It's a gun, basically. You just press A and it fires.

10. marvel b

News Credits:
    Nani the heck?! that's friggin hilarious!
    ....i don't know how to react to this. i just woke up in the middle of the night and i'm taking this in a very bad manner and i'm unsure if you're being genuinely helpful, so i apologize.

i'm aware it's a gun but i just suck at the gun items in this smash game. they just don't feel the same to me, so i resort to other methods.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Stayed up until 1:30 am to finish World of Light - probably not the smartest thing but I was close so might as well.

That Giga Little Mac fight is probably THE most bullshit thing in the game. I swear to god there was no possible way I could actually hurt the bastard, he was simply too fast and too powerful on Normal that I HAD to drop the difficulty down to Easy. And even THEN I barely was able to beat him and I was using a 15K Spirit Power team with two Giant Killer buffs!

However, that aside, the endgame of World of Light is actually pretty good. I only have gotten the 'True' Ending so far, but what happens as a result of it was 100% worth going spoiler free. I only knew Marx was a boss fight and that there were multiple endings going into the game, because of a Youtube video header in the side bar last Friday I couldn't avoid seeing listed, but the way WoL wraps up does warrant the game having the 'Ultimate' title.

That said, I honestly found WoL overall to not really be a true successor to Subspace Embassy. Subspace was awesome because it had all those short CG cutscenes of the characters interacting with each other (Captain Falcon meeting Olimar is still freakin' hillarious at how awkward it gets so fast). Beyond the opening of WoL, the only cutscenes that happen involve Galeem and Dharkaron and you don't see anything of the fighters again. Sure, there are a few spirits from Subspace - Galleom, Tabuu, Ancient Minister, and some of the generic enemies - but you don't get any real platforming stages aside from one exception that's a bit spoilery, and not having an awesome moment like the full crowd shot at the end really takes away from the spectacle. On the other hand, the delivery of the spirit fights in-context is rather clever and the design of the 'board game' of WoL is exquisite. I especially love the music of 'stage 2' after you complete the main board.

Ultimately, I'm sitting at like, 98.75% completion, so I'm guessing I have to try for the other endings for a full 100% and then I can move on to the 'tournament' variations with all 73 characters.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I beat WoL pretty easily with a 10k Primary Spirit with any super armor Spirit equipped; just use Kirby's side-b, easy peezy. : p

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hit rumor going around right now, backed by predicting the new Grandblue fighting game 5 days before its announcement, has details on Joker and the 2nd DLC character.

-Joker's stage is Mementos
    -Jack Frost (and assumedly other demons/Personas) appear in his attacks

-Second character is Erdrick (male and female) from Dragon Quest, stage is Alefgard
    -Slime appears in one of his attacks, like Jack Frost in Joker's attacks

Imo? Very believable. I've been counting on a
    Dragon Quest
    character for a long time.

• Like Like x 2
  14. marvel b

News Credits:
    finally beat "world of light" with 100% last night! woo, man, i'm glad i didn't spoil myself with story news. would've vastly lessen the impact for me.
    i find it funny how i found out about how to get the true ending once i arrived in the battle map. "i wonder what happens if i balance them out." is my exact phrase.

and that part where you actually play as Master Hand was amazing! i seriously hope they have a boss rush mode where you can also control the bosses. OH! an online mode where you an fight others as either/or! Of course, their would be a meter on the boss that limits how fast you attack, but whatever, i'm on a high note.

if only i could tell sakurai how much i loved this mode. amazing!!!
    also falls in line with vergeban's rumors.

honestly, i do feel spirits deconfirm fighters now. i'm listening to my gut with this....

now the question is... how many nintendo dlc characters will there be? i'm taking a bet at three. one will definitely be a fire emblem character from the next game. you can also throw my hat into the "missing spirit" theorists, also they could just be added like the partner pikachu and eevee when their games get updated/released.

15. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oops.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Issy543

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

"So you like Wailugi, eh? Well, have all the Waluigi's in the world! Ahahahahaha!"

• Like Like x 3
  18. marvel b

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  19. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Best selling Smash AND Switch game?!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Issy543

News Credits: