Seriously...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razerwire, Mar 5, 2006.

1. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh... with the exception of some good looking weapons I would say that any of the Energon Gestalts have that beat.

2. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

man thats an awsome figure

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    apparently later on he will be able to combine with 10+ seperate robots that forms attachements and a huge bomber plane.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Those look awesome. Kinda wish PR would ditch the Crayola scheme though.
    Whatever. He's gonna look cool next to my other Zords. Washable or not.

5. TSFC

TSFC Banned

I'm sick and tired of the Zords going from Vehicle to Limb. I'd like a Megazord set that goes from Vehicle, to Robot, to Combiner part. (I think the present North American MZ does just that.)

That, with articulation (and it could be done Hello!! Energon Combiners?! Take the cue Ban Dai!)

6. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

As I said. I think Bandai prioritizes the blockiness since it would mean that smaller kids could play with them. Same with the colour chemes. Its colour coded for a reason.

The relatively uncomplicated construction (in terms on articulation parts) and the smaller number of parts would make it less of an effort to produce.

You could say that Bandai with their Sentai toys are targetting the same age group as Transformers but manages to shoot below that actually cashing in on the young ones as well. Making the toys look attractive to a large age group for a longer period of time.

I mean. Its no wonder they have been in bussines so long.

The Magiranger Magiking went from humanoid to mecha part. Nothing inbetween. I think that one is called the "Titan Megazord" in Mystic Force. I recall there whas a MZ for the PRTurbo that could form smaller robots as well. But then the quality of the combined robot later whas a bit worse. Same can be said of the Energon combiners.

Combination sets is a bit of challenge. Unless you want an absurd cost you can't have exactly everything.

7. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

SWEEEEEET!

If those combination rumors are true, it sounds like they're going the Gaoranger/Wild Force route, but with vehicles instead of animals. Awesome.

Waaaaaaay back in Power Rangers Turbo, there was a megazord that did just that. I was kind of shocked when I first saw it. It was blocky and had zero articulation, but it a genuine vehicle -> robot -> gestalt.

I forget what it was called ... RangerCentral.com says it was the "Double Morphing Rescue Megazord", and that sounds close.

Bingo. I don't fault them for doing it either -- different demo and all that. Though I'm not convinced that the megazord sets are all that popular, esp. considering the cost.

-XCN-