Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The plastic weapons were American the chrome versions were Japanese.

As for the hole, I'm pretty sure that is what connected to his other side in dragon mode.

2. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    So I have to wonder here, is the 8 inch Power Ranger figures any good?

I'm torn between winning on ebay a Tigerzord with White Ranger for $10 more than just getting the Tigerzord by itself with a pre-order on the Figuarts White Ranger.

I'm basically aiming to get the following Megazords if I can: Dino Megazord, Dragonzord, Tigerzord, Thunder Megazord, Shogun Megazord, Ninja Megazord, and Falconzord.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I didn't have the White Ranger figure or the Tigerzord, but I remember having the Red Ranger figure that was that size. My memory is kinda fuzzy, but I remember having a lot of fun with it as a kid. Articulation wasn't perfect, but I remembered it seemed pretty advanced for the time.
    Good luck with all of that...:drunk 
    While I doubt anyone is going to be able to help me find one, I'm at least curious to know if anybody else had one of these growing up.

4. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    The figures do look like they have a lot of articulation when you think about the toys coming out in the 90s. Only other toys as poseable would be G.I.Joe. I love how inaccurate the Green Ranger figure looks compared to his actual show appearance. Not even a Dragon Dagger. I have the Figuarts version of him right now so I'm good on things there figure wise.

Tell me about it. I notice just how difficult it is just to find a Dino Megazord with the Triceratops horns still intact.

I used to have the Thunder Megazord but it got thrown out years ago in the 'great toy purge of 1997' in which I was too cool for toys. >_>

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The Green Ranger isn't too bad, but Pink and Yellow...manliest female action figures...ever...:lol 
    I used to have a lot of stuff. Not Power Rangers specifically, but in-general. I went through a couple different toy purges over the years...I now regret every single one. Even worse, there are things I remember having, but don't remember getting rid of them. Like my Red Ranger figure, or my Batman TAS batmobile (that one REALLY stings...). I keep hoping that my parents still have them stored somewhere, but the more trips I've made over there to look, the less I've found.

6. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

The 8in Rangers that come with Dragonzord and Tigerzord are just....novelties to me. Like, if you ever wanted to sell Dragonzord or Tigerzord complete, having the figure will up the value a bit. It's why parting with my Super Legends white and green rangers didn't hurt so much. Gold, yes, but oh well. Gotta make $ for the Figuarts green ranger.

7. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I still have my Thunderzords and Serpenterra. In fact, you can see them right here:

[​IMG]

I also do have the White Ranger that came with Tigerzord in the box. I've been holding off on taking him out because his shield broke on one side, so it will not lock in (at least, as much as it locked in to begin with). I plan to take pictures of it with the Figuarts of KibaRanger when I get him.

The 8inch PR figures were cool, but as a kid getting a $10 a week allowance, I couldn't afford them (not to mention find them). That is why the Auto Morphin ones that came out during Season 2 were so much better as I could get one or two of them a week. Sure, they weren't as articulated, but they came with their correct weapons and it was cool to have their human heads. Oh yeah, and they were in better scale with the zord toys than the 8inch ones.

8. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a word to the wise, the 8-inch White Ranger's shield suffers from GPS and is EXTREMELY fragile.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Really nice display. Out of curiosity which Dino Megazord is that sitting in tank-mode next to the dragon dagger there? Might just be the angle it's sitting at, but it looks too small to be the original...could also be my bad memory...lol

10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks like the 2010 revision. Could be the Legacy version.

11. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Well, the Yellow Ranger can be understandable if one watches the source of Power Rangers, Zyuranger. The Pink Ranger though...yeah.

I used to think Scarlett was a bit too manly in the 80s G.I.Joe line, but at least they TRIED to make her look female in body shape and stuff. Bandai's Pink Ranger is more like a dude dressing up as her to hang with the others and hope they don't notice.

I have to chalk up some of my old toys being gone due also to my being a destructive child with my toys. I had a good number of G1 Transformers, Voltron, TMNT, and MASK toys as a child but I never really took good care of any of it.
    I've been rebuilding my vintage TMNT collection for a while now and have amassed pretty much all I really would like (within reason price wise) and then some. So I'm happy there.
    Now I'm just looking for the first three seasons' Zords for Power Rangers. I just won a Dragonzord with all his pieces on ebay, though not really cheap. Every other auction I looked at was missing either the tail piece or the part that attaches to his electronic chest part.

Dangit, I forgot all about Serpenterra. >_O

Reading the comments here about the 8 inch figures they don't sound too important. I was more curious as to what people thought of them given the Figuarts obviously are more accurate in appearance but aren't really for kids like the original toys were. I have the Figuarts White and Pink Rangers on pre-order and just hope to hear an announcement for Black, Blue, and Yellow soon.

12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's the 2010 version.

Yeah, but then, like I said, I preferred the Auto Morphin ones to the 8inch ones from the get go.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, I would simply focus on the Tigerzord. If all things being equal (condition wise and completeness) then you have to decide on the ranger. IMO you can skip the figure because by asking opinions on him seems to indicate he's not that important.

Being based in Asia, I know how BOJ works...barring a major economic collapse it's a 100% certainty you will see the entire team of MMPR.
    Just get the upcoming SH Figuarts version of the white ranger - the proportions and aesthetics are so much better.

14. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    I recalled seeing that blurry pic a while ago, but could never find it again. Hopefully that isn't just them showing off what could be since it was mainly related to Akibaranger wasn't it?

16. EmperorDinobot

God I want those figuarts things...man they are HANDSOME!

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Anybody else remember that set of mini MMPR helmets Bandai showed off? (I'll see if I can find a picture of it). Any idea when this'll get released? and where? I doubt I'll ever have the whole team in action figure form, but I think this would be a nice substitute as a representation of the six of them.

Edit: Here we go, its the "Legacy Mask Collection".

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. 009*

009* That Guy... Somewhere

News Credits:
    How big are those things anyway?

19. EmperorDinobot

And for what, exactly?

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Going off of the size of the card/sign next to them, I would say they're a little larger than a golf ball.
    Like any other collectible, to display. Kind of like mini busts, but just their helmets.