Perfect Effect PE-DX09 Mega Doragon (TM2 Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Knightsword, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I shaved some plastic down on the female end, no one else seems to have done this. However, i have removed and reinstalled the tail multiple times with no negative effects to joint tolerances so my personal recommendation would be shave down ~ 50% of the raised tabs in the female side of the joint.

2. Indy2006

Indy2006 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I actually ended up sanding down the ball joint just a bit to get it to snap in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. goobahead1

goobahead1 chug enthusiast

Ebay:
    so i just came into $240 and i am heavily considering purchasing this as my first perfect effect product since aranea (my aranea was riddled with qc and shattered in so many ways the day i bought it) but i wanna give pe a second chance because this looks glorious!

ive also heard pe has really upped their quality and that this release is great.

so what do you guys think? the other 3rd party figure im considering is px ismenios...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

I'd choose this, personally. It comes down to what are you looking for in a figure. Dragon mode on doragon is obviously better(IMO).

5. Indy2006

Indy2006 Well-Known Member

Dragon mode is pretty awesome and huge. Robot mode is what sold the figure for me though.

6. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

I recently had to make this exact decision and it was very hard to make. My brother-in-law got Ismenios and it is an awesome figure. I ultimately decided to go with Mega Doragon because it's more expensive(Ismenios will be easier to afford later), I have nostalgia for TM2 Meg's, I've wanted it longer, my O.G. TM2 Meg's broke last year, he may become more scarce down the line and because Ismenios just came out.

After getting Mega Doragon here is my direct comparison between the two on aspects that were important to me.

Looks- this is subjective and photos do a pretty good job representing them, they both look phenomenal, Mega Doragon looks more high end because of the glossy metallic paint, sharp details and super clear translucent wings. Ismenios looks amazing but Mega edges him out in show stopping looks.

Feel- they're both well built figures, good plastics were used in both figures, but the plastic in Ismenios is some of the best feeling most solid plastic I've ever felt. The combo of the plastic and diecast along with the superb ratchets everywhere on Ismenios make him feel better in hand than Mega Doragon. Mega feels great in hand too but Ismenios wins this one.

Durability- based on materials and sculpt Ismenios takes this one hands down. You could straight up play with this guy like a kid and not worry about breaking it. Doragon feels pretty sturdy but has plenty of bits that could break it you were being careless.

Joints- Ismenios has almost perfect ratchet joints all over, the only thing that I noticed being slightly weak were the outward hip ratchets as his legs want to spread when doing some wide stances poses on slick surfaces. This could be remedied numerous ways like placing him on cloth or nonslip pads. My copy of Mega Doragon has pretty good joints, I feel like the forward hip ratchets are a little too weak and the I've got some ball joints in the neck and tail and some hinges in the wings that need to be tightened. Ismenios wins this one.

Transformation- Ismenios's transformation is extremely fun and pretty quick and I have no doubt the toy can handle being changed back and forth often. I haven't transformed Mega Doragon yet but I don't believe it will be as good as Ismenios.

Poseability- I think you can probably get a lot more variety and expressive poses out of Mega Doragon than with Ismenios, especially with a figure or flight stand.

In the end I don't think you can go wrong with either.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Dude if your in the market for dragon figures get mega dragon way better than Ismenios in both robot mode and dragon mode IMO

8. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

Ismenios is better built, but megadoragon looks better. So personal priorities come to play. For me, i'd choose doragon

9. Reygn

Reygn Banned

I want to know your guys opinion on this. So, I pre-ordered Mega Doragon (MD) on BBTS a while ago, then canceled it and pre-ordered Psychro Knight (PK) as soon as he was up on BBTS, but now, MD is back in stock for substandard shipping on BBTS. So, should I wait what could be half a year for PK, or just pick up MD now ?

10. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    What's your first instinct? Go with that.

If you value certain things above others like playability and durabilty then Ismenios wins hands down, but if you think you won't transform a figure much and you'll just have it in bot mode then you might want to go with Doragon. From the various videos, I've seen Doragon's transformation pretty much sucks.

11. Prime time 101

Facebook:
    Depends,what is your favorite color?:D 

12. Prime time 101

Facebook:
    Actually doragons transformation is intuitive and not really all that complex and not really all that frustrating.With Doragon he may be back heavy with his wings and all but if you know what your doing than it’s not that hard to get great poses, it’s no contest which is the better figure IMO

13. Reygn

Reygn Banned

The shade of translucent blue used for Knight's wings, but that is besides the point. If color really mattered to me then I would get both of them, switch their wings, tail, and face around, then resell the mostly Knight figure, having my near perfect dragon, but that's not the point. I want to know what you guys think I should do.

14. Prime time 101

Facebook:
    Go original it’s megatron

• Like Like x 1
  15. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I have both so I think I would know too. You don't even have Ismenios. I mentioned reviewers so that the OP would watch them to get more informed.

You don't seem to be interested in what the OP wants, just as long as he follows you.

16. Reygn

Reygn Banned

So I went with MD, I can't wait to woosh it around my house.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Prime time 101

Facebook:
    Good choice you can’t go wrong either way

• Like Like x 1
  18. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

Weird shower thought incoming: How do people think this figure would look in Armada Predacon/Cybertron Megatron colors? I've always had a soft spot for this color scheme and I'm a sucker for a green dragon. With this deco and a new face sculpt I feel like it could really work as a distinct character from Megatron.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Kinda close.....

oth_kotm2megatron_alt.jpg oth_kotm2megatron_robot.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. Prime time 101

Facebook:
    I would love a G1 megatron recolor

• Like Like x 1