PE-DX-01 RC and PE-DX-01B RC

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by optics, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think that'd be a question you'd ask the ebay seller rather than here.

2. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

Already done, just waiting for a response.

3. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Ok so I did end up getting a replacement sword. :D 

But it's been sitting not fully in her backpack now because it wont fit... arggh...

Should I sand down the sword a bit (the tabs?) or try to widen the backpack slot?

I realise if I try to sand down the sword I'm risking breaking it and or having the blue show where its' supposed to be black?

And suggestions? I am not trying to force this sucker in as taking it out is what cause the other one to break in the first place...

4. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

Have you tried to swap the two swords? One of my two swords doesn't fit one of the two holsters at all, but seems to fit the other...
    You've probably tried it already anyway :) 

5. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Yeah I tried swapping. The Sword is simply to wide at the little tabs.

6. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had the same issue with my Pink one. I thought about sanding the sword, but was worried about taking the paint off, so I kept fiddling with it & the larger one does fit in one of the sheaths. I just kind of worked it in & then I fold the sheath down backwards to use to push it out. It is very snug when pushed down all the way in, but just kind of sinks in. I thought about filing down the inside of the sheath, but haven't done so yet.

Has anyone else found that after holding the pistols that her swords are loose in her hands?
    Here's a pic of my animated movie 'bots shelf display. Will take some pics with my other camera later.
    [​IMG]

7. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    Just got mine from RK last night and didn't get much time to play with it. Just wondering what should I be looking for in terms of QC issue's? The right forearm fell off right out of the box due to the screw being overtightened during assembly and stripping the inner plastic. That's an easy fix. The only other issue I have found is getting the lower leg to tab in like TJ's in the vid review. His seems to slide in really easily, but mine won't even pop in and it feels like I am going to break something. Any advice or things to look for? I looked through the thread and saw a few tidbits here and there. Thanks in advance!

8. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I had to take an exacto and shaved down the locking nubs on the silver ankle parts before it was even close to being possible to fold her feet in all the way for transformation. I took 'em down to about half of their original height.

9. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

I really want to try to take the white parts from the pink version and put them on the blue one to make a kick-ass Chromia. Has anyone tried to take theirs apart yet?

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't work so hot. A number of the white parts are glued on, for one. Or pinned in, or whatever.

Generally, this is a figure that was made not to be disassembled. Screwholes are plugged, parts are glued in, etc.

11. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

So, no chance? Think maybe one of the radicons can work it out?

12. Darcemeus

Darcemeus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably, but like Archon said this REALLY isn't a figure that was made to be easily disassembled. For one the ankle guards are plugged into her screw holes and are small enough to be capable of breaking if you try taking them off. Hell I can barely find five screws that aren't being covered by something.

13. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    I love their Scout Force/Reflector, but these Motobots are terrible. I hate the partsforming and those annoying knee caps. One of the elbow joints broke on mine already. This thing is way more fragile than TRNS-01.

14. Darcemeus

News Credits:
    Seriously? :confused: 
    I've had mine since June and nothing's broken on it, maybe you got a defective one? As for the partsforming thing, ehhhh I can see how people wouldn't like it as it's kinda an acquired taste thing but I love how everything just sticks together in both forms, well besides the visor that is.

15. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

I gotta agree with Darcemeus here. I've transformed mine repeatedly many many many many times and had no issues. As long as you make sure you do the leg properly as the instructions show you shouldn't break anything so I hope you just had lousy luck.

As for the partsforming, every other Perfect Effect is full of it - especially their Reflector, so I'm unsure why it's an issue for you here.

Sad to see you dislike it so much though, do you have pics of the elbow - maybe it's repairable?

16. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

I probably really should have looked at this thread before buying RC... (pink one) But at least these pics may help me address some of the issues mine is apparently going to have. She looks cool, and I've been curious about Perfect Effect for awhile now, (just haven't been able to bite the bullet and get SFX yet...:eek: ) but I really don't want to have stuff potentially break.

I have terrible tastes in what to try a third party company's quality with. Oh well.

17. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I never liked this as the only RC thing to me about this is the colors, Ever since Armada making Arcee a bike has always turned my gut.

18. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

I have this one and it's really not that bad. Very poseable and lots of cool stuff. If you're okay with the partsforming thing, she's fun to transform. The nub and gun were a little hard, but just make the corrections or live with it. I like it. She sits next to FP Springer to keep their romance alive!

19. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Oh, it hasn't been the partsforming thing that's kept me from SFX or RC. If it did, I wouldn't have already bought the latter and be having it en route as of this post. I just really don't want something to snap, is all.

And what I meant in terrible tastes is that for TFC, my first product of theirs was the Hercules team. (Exgraver specifically) For MMC, Cyclops. And with PE, this armory's worth of weapons-carrying female robot that this topic is for. Each are pretty expensive with considerable risk-reward ratio. Like for Hercules, if you get one, you pretty much have to get the other five and hope it turned out great. (thankfully it did)

20. Darcemeus

News Credits:
    Actually yeah, you got any pics? Maybe we can see if it's not repairable.