ok the best ko you've bought

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by omega knight, Aug 27, 2007.

1. RunaR

RunaR Well-Known Member

KO Robotmaster Victor Leo and Star Saber. I got them for 3 Euro's. Crapy plastics and they don't fit well together. But those are the only knock offs I have :) 

2. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Ooooh! Didn't know about the 2-up Scorpy, also really want him, anyone got any info/pics about him?

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Onslaught with Hotspot's cab, actually. And a Prime-based chestplate with Sixturbo's head. Go go weird combo robot!

4. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    I always wanted to see the 36 inch Skullcruncher.

5. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    I got the Gold Snap Trap off of ebay a few years ago, and Onslaught from burke's outlet.

6. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow..... so coool... drool... i never seen that soundwave before >_> i want... where did u acquire this piece? o_o

oh, u gotta love these guys - 3x prehistory animals vs 2x devys

[​IMG]

- ko

cant wait til my oversized prime and autobot-colored menasor arrive ยก(^_^)!

7. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

There have been some really great KOs. I have not been so impressed with most recent ones. The 2x size LoC Starscream is pretty nice though.

Some of my favorites over time...
    Galaxy Defender GaoGaiGar
    KO Macross 7 Valkyries
    Galaxy Shuttle KO (actually KO of the remold, Brave perhaps?)

8. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just bought the recently released G1 Frenzy KO for $8. I'll let you know how he holds up when I get him.

9. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this is the only KO I have in my collection. he was a pain to put together!

[​IMG]

10. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

(picture of weird FIRE DEPT KO)

S:

Isn't this Onslaught/Hotspot truck the elusive "Fire Golem", intended to combine with four smaller vehicles; Mixmaster and Hook
    knockoffs, of this general design:

http://www.geocities.com/autobus_prime/qc_alt_truck.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/autobus_prime/qc_sling.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/autobus_prime/qc_crane.jpg

but with fire equipment?
    (Right, the one you told me about on ATT)

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.toys.transformers/browse_thread/thread/debfaf16239b1436

These were available in 2-packs at Big Lots recently, and have Scramble City-compatible square heads. If this is the core of "Fire Golem", then, the ports should be Scramble City sized. (How big is this KO, anyway, Ecmagee?)

The construction vehicles I posted above, by the way, are from a variation of Fire Golem, which uses the same Hotslaught as the core for four construction-truck limbs, as presented here:

http://www.geocities.com/anacacho_firefly/1koreviews.html

Fred also talks about one made from scaled-up Spychangers; I have never seen this one.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Unfortunately I bought it YEARS ago back in Hong Kong, when I was a kid. I always wanted Soundwave and it was a cheap alternative, but it still had die-cast parts (actually more than the normal Soundwave weirdly).

I'm actually glad I got this one now, because I've since picked up a proper Soundwave off eBay, and I've never ever seen this KO guy since. The one thing that I do regret was I used to keep this guy in his original box (which was Faux Japanese G1, references to Destrons) but it got unbeliveably tatty and I threw it. Which I now regret humungously. :( 

12. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
  13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. They have those at local dollar stores, and Wal-Mart here. There is 6 of them and they combine Devy stile. According to the back packaging anyway.

14. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

lol, you guys knew i would LOVE this thread.

very nice stuff, if any of you taiwan testron liokaiser or biological dinoking giftset owners are willing to sell PM me =D

yo KO, i was trying to persuade tikgnat to sell me that soundwave, lol. was able to find another loose one with no accessories, this one came from taiwan.

here's some stuff i brought with me when i moved into my gf's apartment so i could stare at it like some geek and transform them whenever i need to relax, lol.

the super sized defensor is the worst quality but is just so damn HUGE. i have the boxed one with landcross feet at home as well, and yeah the box is probably the LARGEST box i've ever seen, taller than a fort max box. the hardhat gestalt is about the same size as a normal g1 gestalt so you can see how large the defensor is.

the best quality one is the KO overlord, also came in a HUGE box. got it for $100, local pick up.

my KO grail has been a mr hardhat, was able to finally find a MIB one though the box is pretty beat up. next grail is a boxed shiny prehistory snarl, the loose one i have i had to piece together from 2 prehistorys (thanks to rock_lee), and am still looking for a chest hinge from a real snarl. so hard to find for some reason.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I had an awesome KO Devastator at one time, until my cat destroyed it. :( 

16. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

L:

Hmm. If you mean the multicolored Devastator shown above, I agree with you. I have the black Mixmaster, bought at Walgreens, on a card that said "Construction Robot 6 in 1" or some such. Quality is excellent.

However, the two trucks I posted photos of ("Crane" and "Sling"), though they are clearly based on Mixmaster and Hook, and the Mixmaster KO even has a cab that can partially transform to Devastator's foot, are quite bizarrely designed to combine Scramble City-style. Observe their interaction with my Motormaster:

http://www.geocities.com/autobus_prime/MTTSUVM.jpg

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    K.O Blades.

18. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

It will be Mirage now! Just bought him. See the review. Awesome just awesome.

19. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Yes please tell us!

20. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I'm talking about those you have connected to your Motormaster. They have them at Dollarama (where I got my multi-colour Devy) and Wal-Mart (in two packs). And they clear show on the card backs the six of them combining with each other. Only thing is the combiner parts (hands, feet, chest peice, head) are missing. I gonna have to go back and check now.