new Cassettes reissue and C18/C19

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The Henkei Legends Minibot teams are rather randomly assigned assuming this isn't a mistake.

The C-18 "Attack Team" has a PACIFIST and a SPY, while the C-19 "Spy Team" has a guy who turns into a TANK.

TakaraTomy, surely Beachcomber and Bumblebee should be the the Spy Team while Wheelie and Warpath should be in the Attack Team?

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Sure, the Eject/Rewind mold has been reissued in female form twice, but this release makes me happy... because despite having Flipsides and Rosanna, I've never bothered to actually get an original Rewind and Eject!

And yeah, the "Big Mission" title is hilarious. It sounds like a children's book.... "Rewind, Eject, and the Very Big Mission."

Also, I find the team names of the Legends figures almost as humorous. I know they're just randomly slapping names on to production waves, but I still think it's funny that:

-Bumblebee, one of the few Transformers expressly identified as a SPY, and a physically weak character, is on the ATTACK team, while....
    -a character named WARPATH who turns into a TANK is on the SPY team.

Fantastic!

(D'oh, beaten by FFN! But the sentiment was the same...) :) 

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

sure... what's more spy, then a big robot with a cannon for a chest? lol!!!!!

4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, I still need to get Flipsides... Someone had one for sale for a real good deal, but I got beat to the punch.

Hey, look... Beachcomber doesn't have his gun. (why the pacifist is the only one to have a gun is beyond me)

5. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Looks like Henkei is finally getting the Legends (which is good since there are a number of good Legends this year).

Ravage and Laserbeak have been reissued continuously but this is the first time we've seen Eject and Rewind in ages as they've always been reissued as fembots (Flipside and Rosanna) so far. Those two are the ones that have really gotten my interest. However, it lends credence to the theory that aside from Steeljaw, these are the only usable molds left. :( 

6. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I'm going to take this pretty much as a confirmation that all of the other cassette molds are either unusable or lost. Takatomy isn't stupid, and they know they could have a license to print money by releasing Rumble/Frenzy and the rest, so the only reasonable explanation seems to be that for whatever reason they just can't release them. If they could they would have by now.

7. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the fence about these but I don't think I have Eject and Rewind so I'm sort of tempted even though I think the mold is kind of lame. Blaster does need some guys to boss around though.

8. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    All I have are Steeljaw with my Blaster reissue and Buzzsaw (or did the bookstyle have Laserbeak?) with my Soundwave reissue so I would like to get these!

9. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

But like with Prime being endlessly reissued (and the Encore line starting with him, megs, ss, sw), what will sell the most total units isn't necessarily = to what hardcore fandom wants the most. They have a divided autobot/decepticon set and Ravage and Laserbeak are the two most recognizable and popular (outside of hardcore fandom) tapes, so could well possibly be a choice they made on purpose.

Yes we fans want Scorponok, Fort Max, the combiner tapes, etc. but when you think of it those are all obscurities compared to the main line characters and molds and have far less wide-reaching recognition.

10. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:

You're ignoring the obvious popularity of Rumble & Frenzy. I would say those two are just as popular if not more so than Lazerbeak and Ravage. They're certainly more popular than Rewind and Eject. Fans have wanted them for years. Takara knows they're popular or they wouldn't have reincarnated them as ML Soundwave's headphone set.

If you want to think Takara is just 'choosing' to not reissue them, that's fine, but it's completely illogical to me. :) 

As for the others, yes they are more obscure, but nowhere near as obscure as a pink female repaint of the Rewind/Eject mold.

As for Fort Max, it was reissued as Brave Max. That's one where I agree that Takatomy is just choosing not to reissue it at this time. I fully believe they will reissue it in original Fort Max colors though. I doubt the mold has suffered much since the Brave Max toy.

11. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Very cool they're putting these out in Henkei in minicon-style 3 packs ~ lolz @ Warpath and BB being in the wrong sets (What exactly about Warpath makes you think "spy" :p )

12. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Henkei Minibots?? That was unexpected... I wonder if they will get some chrome?

13. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    eject/rewind are welcome esp in their non kissplay candy colours.

they are nice toys, not original cassette robo nice but nice anyway.

14. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its a shame the original cassette bots moulds are probably gone, they surely wouldnt be too difficult to recreate though considering their relative simplicity.

15. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully they'll reissue the jap combiner ones in the near future, I have all other cassettes, and just need those

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The first four Decepticon tapes were a lot popular than the Autobot ones. I'd imagine if they have the Rumble mold they would split it off for later use with a Steeljaw and Ramhorn set. I hope this set is successful. Encore has had a lot of big-ticket stuff and it's nice to see a variety of price points out there for collectors.

17. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Laserbeak and Ravage are the only 'Con cassettes anybody has!! Give us Rumble/Frenzy and the Dinos!!

18. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quoted for the muther f*ckin' truth.

waitaminute... no Rumble or Frenzy?!?!? DAMMIT!!!!

19. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Laserbeak again? They could at least have given us Buzzsaw.

Anyways, I'm glad they're giving us Rewind and Eject since I don't have them. So I guess I'll have to add another Laserbeak to my growing pile.

20. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    With this reissue I will only need Overkill to finish off my show character cassettes.

Yay Takara Tomy and Rewind and Eject.

Thanx
    Transbot90210