Masterpiece HOUND MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Same

2. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    I see what you did there

• Like Like x 3
  3. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

If the MP Hound that was on display was a painted production example, then I dare say it may be sooner to the market than V3 OP.

4. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    I hope so. Need something to keep me busy until Optimus Prime is released. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    The same guy that was involved with the original figure's design - fabled Valkyrie and Mecha designer Shoji Kawamori.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Nothing MP related in this month's Figure King.

トランスフォーマー新着情報ブログ

As a result of the consecutive holidays, TF corner of figure king released today 25 days is color 4 pages.

◆ Introduction of the characteristics of the series and the first line of the series. Seven items of the first release are introduced, but the basic photographs are the same as the pre-existing declaration materials, the main visual 7 item gathering photograph and the photograph with the Cog's armed parts attached to Optimus Prime as a gimmick photograph , Three of the pictures which developed Armor parts mainly around the Ultra Magnus' s Convoy are considered new shooting. Especially, I think that this is the first time including overseas when separating the parts of Ultra Magnus, but the picture is small like every time.

In addition, as a feature of the series, there are individual specs in each weapon part, which were touched only by letters in overseas press releases, etc. Also mentioned in the image play which enhances the spec with combination of weapons I will.

◆ live action Bumblebee related. MPM-7 Bumblebee is published as 10800 yen late October release. The main picture is the same as the advertisement material on Dengeki Hobby WEB but in addition to that there are about 2 different photos on Gimmick introduction.

Besides, Power Charge Bumblebee, Legendary Optimus Prime, Studio Series SS-16 Bumblebee, SS-17 KS Eye Sentry, SS-18 Star Scream are newly posted. Legendary Optimus is specified as a domestically led development product.

◆ Other, released in February Power of the Prime PP - 44 Punch / Counter Punch, Takara Tomy Mall Limited Blue Big Convoy, October Release Turbo Change TC - 13 Battle Command Optimus Prime Strongest Command Set, Meta - College G1 Transformers 4 Items Introduced It has been. There is no particular information-specific thing in particular.

Below Dacron

◆ For the Diacron Corner, developer interviews are published almost for two pages this month. Battle Buffalo, Walder suit concepts and development history, and other comments on future developments are also listed in large amounts. First of all, maneuver strengthening parts, then Walder suit strengthening parts, then deployment is a price and size deforming mechanism of about the middle between coalesced robots such as Batrus and powered suit. It seems like that.

Back to twiddling our thumbs. Weirdest MP reveal ever.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Bummer! Was really expecting to see something on Hound.
    Ah well maybe we'll just get product pictures and preorders out of the blue.

Has that happened before?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Yup. Sunstreaker was just randomly fully announced and revealed in colour on Dengeki Hobby’s website. Think pre-orders went up ten days later (could’ve been longer though).

Basically anything is possible at this point.

• Like Like x 4
  9. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The last 2 carbots were just "Oh we made this"ed right in our faces. I love the suddenly lifted-cloth reveals, but to be frank I don't think I can handle the wait for Trailbreaker, Skids, Mirage, and Jazz.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Yeah the sudden reveals are nice, when they’re extra to something else which we know about. Slow reveal of OP-3 was complemented nicely by a surprise Hound. Sunstreaker came when the only G1 MP on the horizon was Artfire, which was more of a welcome relief than a nice something extra.

Definitely weird times for G1 MP fans.

• Like Like x 4
  11. ummester

ummester Well-Fondled Member

This looks nice - am interested in seeing the alt mode though.

The new Optimus and Hound bot modes look more cartoon accurate than some of the older autobots buuutt, the new Optimus truck doesn't really scream 80s big rig to me, it looks more modern. I hope Hound's alt mode looks very 80s somehow.

• Like Like x 2
  12. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros Well-Known Member

I like the sculpt, but...am I the only one that thinks this tendency to color everything white instead of, say, silver makes it look really cheap? I like the cartoon accuracy in the molds, however replicating halfassed coloring from a sloppy cartoon seems a weird choice to me. Just my personal opinion.

• Like Like x 4
  13. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

So yeah ... we’re gna have to tar and feather you now, Srry ...

• Like Like x 2
  14. The Happenin Rhinoceros

Lol. Don't get me wrong, I like it overall much more than Willis or Gun Dog. But the white is far more prominent than on Sideseipe and some others, so the issue is more apparent to me. Why would a winch be friggin white? Slavish cartoon accuracy is less a priority for me than a fig that looks GOOD. Again, just my opinion, but they did that with Laserwave and he was...underwhelming to say the least. To each their own :-D

• Like Like x 5
  15. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just wait for the toy-accurate + release, that is if you have the patience ánd like the dark green that it will sport.

16. The Happenin Rhinoceros

I can always paint some silver as well, lol. Just feel like with the price Takara commands these days I don't want the fig to look CHEAP.

• Like Like x 2
  17. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I feels ya ... in the whole ‘slavish toon’ debate, which I haven’t weighed in on yet (I know, I know, the bated breath was killing me too), I must say in this I’m commited to a display of “This is TT’s ultimate representation of each G1 character,” so I’m more interested in their vision than my own ...

I know that sounds weird at first blush, but I just like the idea of seeing where TT takes me and ultimately presenting that in 10 yrs when they’re done with G1 MPs (most likely), just to have that cohesive whole of their ‘Masterpiece’ vision for each character on display (doubt it will be all of even the Ark crew) ... this is why I personally have adopted the toon+ approach to MPs, but I definitely understand the misgivings, not the least of which is price ...

• Like Like x 2
  18. The Happenin Rhinoceros

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. Just kind of weird to me since a lot of the white in the cartoon is obviously SUPPOSED to represent silver or such. As an artist, if I screw up or oversimplify a pencil line in my comic book I expect my inker to correct it and do it right, not make the exact same stupid error I did.

Applauding one company for holding true to a lazy endeavor of another 3 decades ago is the epitome of weird to my brain. But, I also get that some people dig that. Glad they get what they're looking for, even if it means I have to mod mine. I can disagree and still respect their wants. I know...blasphemy on the internet, lol.

• Like Like x 4
  19. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Well hate to be ‘the man behind the curtain’ here, but I think that’s the whole point with the specific issues you’ve mentioned w/MP Hound ... the aim is to push hard for collectors to pick up the Toy+ version to part swap ... hard to swallow when these carbots are going for +$100 a pop ... I think the delay in the preorder is to drum up anticipation before they lower the boom with the new price point for carbots, proving that Sunstreaker wasn’t a one-off and est. a new normal ...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Well... Detritus doesn’t have to be cartoon accurate since he wasn’t in the cartoon. I hope they show him not long after Hound is released.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.