Maketoys Striker Noir (Nemesis Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Oct 22, 2016.

?

Are you interested in getting this?

1. Yes

62.1%
  2. Maybe

18.5%
  3. No

19.4%
  1. Broken Forge

Broken Forge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    If you have flush cutters, I highly recommend using those. I like to clip the gates as close to the runner as possible when cutting the parts from the runner, then trim towards the part. Any part of the gate left that I can't trim, I clean up with a scalpel or xacto blade.

gate_runner_cavity_cold_slug_well.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Partsformer

Partsformer To Far Away Times

Twitter:
  3. Xenock

Xenock Well-Known Member

I got my figure today! It is great! So solidly built. The only thing I find odd is the feet. Otherwise, I love the figure, and the weapons!

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used an x-acto knife that probably needs to have the blade replaced. The only parts that gave me trouble were the katanas, and that's just because they were attached to the sprue with some really thick plastic in spots.

5. Partsformer

Twitter:
    Only word of warning I would give is to be careful when inserting the Ion Blaster red translucent interior. It is a very tight fight and I cracked the red up by the barrel a bit trying to fit it over the tab. I doesn't make any difference because it gets fully covered by the other half of the shell, but still..

As always YMMV.

6. kingjakethe11th

kingjakethe11th Scourgeintor

can strider noir use the Bandai Tamashii Nations Act.5 ?

7. kingjakethe11th

is there a display stand this guy can use?

8. RookandCranny

RookandCranny Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. tfpro

tfpro Well-Known Member

My Striker Noir just arrived!.... and I think my Striker Noir might be defective.

Was taking it out of the box and the wheel on the left foot's ankle came right off. Its the outer wheel that's supposed to spin freely. I can see the 3 circular tab areas on the inside of the wheel but I can't get it pushed in to lock. Not sure if another part is missing or what.

This happen to anyone else?

Edit: After literally two hours of fiddling around with the foot and wheel, I finally got both pieces reconnected. Hopefully this fix stays permanent because I don't want to play fix it with a $100 collectable everytime that wheel pops off.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  10. Partsformer

Twitter:
    Comes with this fig (which I highly recommend if you're a fan of the show).

RWBY Ruby Figure

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Something sturdy with clips should work; he's pretty heavy and he has no slot to plug a stand into.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kingjakethe11th

thank you do you think the SCP-AF1 - Action Figure SnakeClamp would work?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine still hasn't left the BBTS warehouse. :(  I can't wait to get this as it will also determine whether or not I will want to get Rioter Despotron and Striker Manus.

14. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

Mine should be here Monday. UPS is taking their sweet time with my package. Sat in Illinois for 36 hours, only 8 hours from my house. Should have had it today!

• Like Like x 1
  15. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

Man toyarena still doesn't have this guy in. I did a preorder from them but I might just buckle and get it somewhere else.

16. Datstro

Datstro Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    I guess it's just me but I wasn't overly impressed by Striker Noir... all the hype kinda upped my expectations quite a bit but having it in hand now... it's good but not crazy good.

17. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Got Noir today. No time to mess with him, but my initial impression is the same as it was when this repaint was first announced- the Striker mold is a better Nemesis Prime than Optimus Prime. I dig Noir, may or may not sell Manus.

(Even though Striker is a little more posable, Rioter Despotron is still my hands-down favorite Cross Dimension figure.)

• Like Like x 1
  18. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

Same. I was never interested in Striker, but Noir just looked really good and the weapon kit just made it work. Its a solid figure, but I doubt I'd have gotten Noir if it weren't for the extra weapons.

• Like Like x 2
  19. tfpro

tfpro Well-Known Member

So I've owned Noir in hand for about 24 hours. My only experience prior was checking out a friends Noir that got delivered before mine. I have zero experience with the Manus version. I reviewed this guy twice. Once based on my initial observations and another once I had a few hours to fiddle with him so pardon the redundancy.

The Exceptional: take the best parts of figma + gundam + transformers and throw it into a blender... Noir pops out, superior articulation in robot mode, superior weapon selection, holds a pose like a champ even if holding heavy weapons in both hands, most unbreakable transforming toy I've seen since the McDonald's happymeal toys

The Good: storage options for weapons, best Nemesis color scheme ever, the translucent red chest area is magnificent, the BFG (big friggin gun), heavy and feels like a solidly built collectable, can look like a ninja with the swords or switch it up with guns ablaze and be War Machine's big brother

The Bad: truck mode is hit or miss depending on your love of panels, the beam saber blade can have annoying air bubbles on the inside, slotted hand system can hinder Noir from holding some of the bulkier 5mm weapons (but you can get 5mm into his hands), Noirs weapons are 4mm and will flopp around in standard 5mm hands

The Ugly: the first transformation will be very scary because Maketoys doesn't believe in floppy joints, weapons can get stuck in the tightness of the weapon extender pole, the stiffness and difficulty in posing the feet and ankle area, probably too heavy for the majority of action figure flight stands (and you will want to pose him doing karate kicks at least a few times...)

Transformation: 6/10 - its on the fine line between annoying and enjoyable... annoying because of the tabbing, but gets props for mass shifting a robot mode with ZERO kibble into a workable truck and vice versa

Design: 11/10 - best black (Nemesis) repaint I've ever seen, Maketoys dared to be different and it paid off

Durability: 9.5/10 - The only parts I believe is accidentally breakable are the hip panels if Noir falls with them folded outward. You could throw Noir into the wall and the toy probably wouldn't have any significant damage.

Value: 11/10
    - The weapon kit alone could sell for $20 or $30.

TLDR: If you love posing figures, love accessories, and your bills are paid with $100 in the bank then you have no reason not to jump into a Striker Noir order ASAP.

• Like Like x 2
  20. kingjakethe11th

that's me@_@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!