Magic Square Toys Legends Optimus Prime 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ShylockZeuss, Jun 2, 2021.

1. poor man

poor man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone happen to have ms optimus 2.0 and one of their metallic megatrons? I was planning to wait for a painted version of 2.0, but I'm also tempted to just go for the unpainted one if it doesn't look too out of place next to megs.

2. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    From earlier in the thread.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope so as I need Rumble.

4. Bryman022

Bryman022 Well-Known Member

I would preorder it, maybe even 2 of them the second I saw a listing for it. And it was a legit listing of course..

5. IronMachine

IronMachine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is very good, but is a classic repainted MS 2.0 OP. NA ver Nemesis is unique because except other colors, the difference is approximately 30% between the standard versions NA OP ( headsculpt, smokestack, back and lower legs ) and NA ver has better accessories and it has transparent windows ( it's not a big advantage )

Attached Files:

6. Huub

Huub G1 - Magic Square nerd

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I get what you're saying about the NA accessories for NA Nemesis, but my comment was about 2.0 Prime in general, wasn't entirely clear about that so that's my own fault :) 

7. IronMachine

News Credits:
    I took NA H27F cheaper version because I am planing to buy later MS 2.0 OP it has more accessories and better trailer, it's more toon accurate but I like both versions. About Nemesis versions I am hesitant don't know which one to choose because they are both good :D 

8. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But Newage has two chests making him super fat up top! The dude is thiccccc! And they didn't even conceal it well, major gaps and all kinds of ugly going on there. I've tried looking at soooo many pics of him to see if I could get past it and I can't! Major design flaw as far as I'm concerned.

• Like Like x 4
  9. datterboy

datterboy Autobot Loyalist

Ebay:
    There is a love for the NA Op right now because that is the best legends scale offering of the moment. With the delays in getting the MS, it is well deserved if that is all you can get. However, I think once the MS Op 2.0 gets into enough hands, the love for NA Op will wane but may retain some because of their numerous repaints. NA is taking advantage of the current situation and milking the lack of real competition hard, as they should.

I also trust NA will redesign the double chest and announce as soon as sales drop for their 1st gen Op. We're far from done with the Legends Op wars. Just waiting to see if a 3rd viable challenger steps up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Well there is a 4th party kit to hide it.But the fact that they have to go through all that trouble says something about the flaws. 1D9E9888-BA90-46AE-A866-48673F610741.png

• Like Like x 5
  11. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    Horrendous.

• Like Like x 3
  12. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think as much as it hides, it stands out in its own way so more of a lateral move, imo! Then he's still super thick, that distance from his head to the front of his chest is just weird! I've watched plenty of reviews and its a really good figure with a really bad flaw. They've shown all the articulation and tons of dynamic poses which does very well while looking bad doing it. With the crazy amount of insane design these guys are creating now, wouldn't you think they'd see the eyesore created on a flagship figure!?

13. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    I am waiting for a painted 2.0 version of this OP but I picked up the NA as well. While you are right about it being majorly gappy, I just take my glasses off and it doesn’t bother me that much.

Preferences aside though, these figures so entertaining and a marvel of engineering. I am always in awe of the complexity every time I mess around with these little bots.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hmm, won't do for me........but ill put on my beer goggles and give it a shot!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Testicules Prime

Testicules Prime Well-Known Member

Pit Lord showed up from Bombusbee. Everything was as expected, but there was no extra hand sprue to be found:(  I grabbed my sprue from the first 2.0, and it is too tall to fit in the box. But they were clearly in one of the video reviews posted here. Hopefully it was just an oversight, and not a false advertisement.

The silver paint is the same as their silver Megatron. The red has some glitter in it, made more obvious under direct light. Red 2.0 arrived with tight sturdy joints, and Nemesis is no different. The missing hands were a downer, but I’m confident that can get fixed. Everything else is aces in my eyes
    :scalper 

78331D29-5390-4F49-B3F5-487E392EA634.jpeg
    CC7A83A3-233A-4B6F-8EA4-CF5842A97CEA.jpeg B064DBA6-A889-4D24-BC62-741DC8BCA345.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  17. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice idea but doesn't do enough. Chest needs to be thinner or move back somehow (it can't, of course, because there's nowhere for it to go). They really should've worked out a window flipping gimmick like mp-44 and MS v2 rather than having the chest be a whole separate piece.

• Like Like x 2
  18. sRKI

sRKI Well-Known Member

oh, that's not good... it really needs those hands to pull some of the poses advertised... I really hope that it is an oversight..

• Like Like x 1
  19. sr388

sr388 Well-Known Member

Not sure why I have the urge of make any new legends figure that I get to be carried by prime xd

photo_2022-04-29_16-05-33.jpg

Next will be magic square jazz and nemesis prime haha

• Like Like x 15
  20. IronMachine

News Credits:
    Of course everyone has their own vision, or opinion ( taste ). For example MS Megs in the pictures he seems to have very wide chest. We have a completely similar situation some will be bothered by wide chest and some won't mind ( including me since i have MS Megs and I am very satisfied ).