Infinite Crises #3: **SPOILERS!!!**

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gears, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is a recap so bear with me since i'm not a DC expert...but WHOA. Issue starts with Aquaman and some other sea heros defending their kingdom from the Society. The Spectre shows up and rams his GIANT hand on the whole Kingdom. He says "Vengeance is mine." The OMACs are beating the crap out of the Amazons and it is not only very bloody, but Brother EYE is televising the fight to the whole world's TVs. Batman screams at Brother EYE over the monitor and has what appears to be a little nervous breakdown. He wishes he could start over from scratch...E2 Superman shows up and tells Batman he CAN. Superboy Prime continues to try to convince Powergirl to help the 4 restore the E2 universe. In Texas, rubble falls from the sky, including the Blue Beetle's scarab, which is picked up by a young man. E2 Superman tells Batman about the E2 Batman, that his life was better, and that E2 Superman would NEVER turn on him like E1 Supes did. The Amazons of Paradise Island retreat to another reality plane leaving Wonderwoman to contend with the OMACs alone. The Society betrays Black Adam. Green eyed battle suit lex confronts blue-eyed Society Lex. Batman doesn't buy E2 Supe's proposal and pulls the old Kryptonite ring trick, but it has no effect on E2 Supes. The 2 Lex's get in a tussle and it is revealed that Society Lex is really Alexander Luther from E3. Powergirl finds Martian manhunter, Black Adam, and some other super powered beings attached to what looks like a big intergalactic tuning fork. Superboy Prime knocks out Powergirl. It is revealed that he was the one who kidnapped MM and blew up the Watchtower and Batman finally sees this on the security tape from the Watchtower. At the end it looks like Alexander and Superboy Prime are manipulating Kal-L and are up to something sinister. Awesome issue! :rock  Discuss.

2. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Wow...!

Superboy Prime and Luthor working together to do...what? Who knows, but I'm loving this arc. Really great stuff here. :) 

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I did not see that ending coming. Alex ander Luthor and Superboy Prime are evil? :eek:  And that tower definitely had a touch of the Anti-Monitor on it. Curious that they could leave their little heaven even before Golden Age Superman opened the door.

So now both Atlantis and Paradise Island are gone. The DCU is going to look really different when all is said and done.

And we get to see the new Blue Beetle. Cool.

I'm very disappointed in Batman, but I've grown used to that this year. :lol 

Hurray for Power Girl being awesome. God, I love her. :D 

4. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Awesome issue thus far...looks like they're hinting who will be next in line as the new Beetle. Only thing I don't know much about is the imposter Luthor...actually don't know much of the other alternate DC universe characters.:/

5. beatnik poe

beatnik poe Veteran

damnit why'd my comic shops delivery truck have to break down and delay my cool comics this week!!

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

damn....i'm gonna miss a really good arc...damn you PX

7. BlueFrenzy

BlueFrenzy Decepticons forever!

Not a bad issue ... but the 6 week wait for the comic was grueling. Come on ... they've probably planned this for years ... get cranking.

I was hoping for some Batman beating up Superman (doesn't matter which one) action but "apparently" Superman2 is invulnerable against Earth1 kyptonite ... yea ... O K.

8. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure something similar happened in the past with one of the Superboys. Different universe, different radiation or something. I'm sure Bruce will think he should have realised it. He'll probably start blaming himself any day now. :) 

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, the old Pocket Universe story from the early current run Superman comics confirmed that the pocket universe with Superboy had a "different type" of green K that hurt Superboy and the Phantom Zone villains, but not the main universe Superman. Hence how he could kill the three of them with that universe's green K without suffering (physically) himself.
    I SO have to read this comic :) 

10. UDontKnowSith

UDontKnowSith NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Good comic..I wish I had some sense after 3 issues about what the series actually about though.and what the Crisis IS.

11. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn straight!

There is enough going on around to keep me interested but overall we had no idea what the actual crisis is.

I have a feeling the Crisis is caused by Earth 2 guys trying to repair their planet.

12. Switchblade

News Credits:
    I think it's pretty obvious by this point that whatever is happening, Alexander Luthor had a very large hand in it. He's behind the Society of Supervillians, and it wouldn't be hard to tie him to the other three major events. Way back in CoIE, Alex was shown as being able to warp space, which is what's happening out around Rann and Thanagar right now. It's also easily within his power to reprogram Brother Eye. And we still don't know how Jean Loring got Eclipso's crystal, Alex could have had a hand in that, too.

Whatever Alex is up to, it's obviously not as simple or benevolent as bringing back Earth-2.

13. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Just a thought, but didn't Alexander absorb some of the Anti-Monitor at the end of COIE? So he could be under the Anti-Monitor's influence, and that tower thing he's tying people to is the way it's going to bring itself back to full life.

Then again, he could have just become a "I want to rule/destroy the universe, bwahahaha!" type supervillian. I should think that 2 decades stuck in a pocket dimension with that bunch of goody-goods would drive anyone to meglomania.

14. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Yeah, the thought that Alex may in some way be under the Anti-Monitor's influence occured to me, too.

15. BlueFrenzy

BlueFrenzy Decepticons forever!

Oh! That's an interesting theory about Alex Luthor being influenced by the anti monitor. Seems legit.

16. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

A friend well versed in CoIE pointed out that the tower seen at the end of #3 is similar to the tuning fork towers from CoIE, but with two big differences:

This one has superheroes strapped to it, and a giant statue of the Anti-Monitor's head on it, minus the lit up eyes.

Yep, looks like the Anti-Monitor is back.

(Still need to buy/read CoIE myself ...)

-XCN-

17. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Great read, but I gotta wonder, what was Earth 2 Robin/Dick Grayson like?

18. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Decent enough character in his own right, but he never got out of Batman's shadow the way Earth-1 Dick/Nightwing has. Heck, for awhile Earth-2 Robin wore a weird sort of hybrid Batman/Robin costume. I think that was Superman's main point. Earth-2 Robin wasn't a bad guy or a crappy hero, he just never really struck out on his own.

19. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

the thing that really bothered me about issue 3 was what alex luthor told lex luthor saying he was a better version of him, alex luthor isnt lex luthor. hes the son of lex luthor and lois lane on earth 3. other then that, I have really been enjoying the series, i do think geoff johns other titles have been suffering lately though.

20. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Well I recall some story dealing with Lex putting his brain in his son's body. So it could be Lex E-3 that is Alex of E3 (well was something my dad said any way)