IDW December 2011 Transformers Solicitations

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 23, 2011.

1. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    that G1 Prime cover is pretty dang cool IMO...

i need to get caught up on the ongoing...i'm behind at #22...i keep hoping Devy will show up sometime...it was so awesome when Menasor popped up

2. OwlLasers

OwlLasers Technical Support

ugh. I'm sure I'm not the first person to express this, but I'm really sick of OP dying, only to be resurrected. Every. Single. Time. It's so stale.

Kill OP for good, and be done with 'im. Grind his spark into energon so that Megatron may load the remains into his cannon, and fire it into a black hole as Dirge plays the G1 theme on a pipe organ. May a constellation be named in OP's honor.

I love 'im as much as the next TF fan - plainly iconic, his character is at times inspiring (at least when portrayed by The Cullen), and I think that's actually an amazing thing for a cartoon/comic book character. But cheese 'n' rice! Let's get some new blood, or at least an original story for him. Hell, I wouldn't mind if he just gave up, wandered the universe, leaving the Autobots in a lurch out of sheer apathy, only to be found squatting in some distant space cave, surrounded by dwarves, and scrounging for energon, ripping asunder the first robot to have the misfortune of discovering him - may it happen at least 3 Primes after him. That would be more shocking than the death of OP. At the very least, it would be a character arc. Besides, he deserves a nervous breakdown. haha

What made the '86 movie so daring was that it was the first time! Then you had zombie Prime which was even more outrageously horrifying! OP dying isn't even dramatic anymore; it's just the same, recycled, 25 year old story, and it is devoid of originality. I would just loooove to see Wreck-Gar make some quip about it. ba-dum bum!

Anyway, I know I'm not the first one to point out the irony that, for a product called Transformers, there seems to be a complete rejection of change, and with that said, I'd just like to say that I'm really looking forward to MP-10. haha

/rant

3. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    This news post reminds me we gotta do some readin' of G1 comics in anticipation for #81.

4. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I recently scored 40 issues of the original UK comic at my local comic shop for a buck apiece. Mostly with those I've enjoyed looking at the print toy adds and reading the letters pages. These collected volumes should include that stuff too. Also I hope the annuals are fit into where they go as the volumes are printed.

5. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

That about sums it up for me too.

6. OwlLasers

OwlLasers Technical Support

haha. Or if you have to bring him back, do it in the form of flashbacks (!!!).

7. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

Hey - outstanding news on the UK release. Lots of good storytelling in the few 'Best of' reprints I've been able to find. Sure, Laserbeak and Ravage can talk, but all that is to be excused. Lots of good use of characters that would otherwise never see any action, like Flywheels. Thanks, Abrogate, & to whoever the news editor is.