I want Brian Singer as the next TF director!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dmhead, May 29, 2014.

1. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not how the Ancient Aliens meme works...

2. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    what are you? The meme sheriff?!

Actually I don't really know much about meme (see, I'm even assuming it's a collective noun:)  ) that picture just fit to what I wanted to say.

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I don't want Singer anywhere near the Transformers timeline!

4. sawwheeler

sawwheeler Gundam Meister

I also doubt that anyone else would of tried for a long time.

5. omegamagnus

omegamagnus Well-Known Member

easy, and think

guys, guys... these are completely different situations; X-Men franchise focus on characters and their feelings, personalities, behaviours; Transformers focus on explosions, robots who were stocky and now are made more 'alien', little or no chances for good guys, and far, far, far too many humans! Can you imagine a movie about mutants which focus on humans? Also, in X-Men franchise directors (Singer and Vaughn, mainly) also write or modify the script, where Bay can just say his opinion on 'Bots and 'Cons look; he finds the first phase already finished, all the production asks him is "set some big explosions and many deaths up!"

X-Men is a story, you can dislike it, but that's you; Transformers is entertainment, like the Expendables saga (I Loved It!!); it's just for fun (and selling toys... so ugly toys who i regret buy Jazz and Sideswipe; better Classics/Generations line)

6. sawwheeler

I agree with this assessment, I find the Transformers to be mostly for entertainment. Not for a good solid story, though it wouldn't hurt it's not what is needed.

7. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    your definition of the existing transformers movies is accurate. But that doesn't mean that's what they have to be like.

8. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It felt like they were just peppering the film with small fight scenes that didn't have a proper conclusion to basically remind us Godzilla and the Muto's were in the movie. I mean a conclusion to the fights in terms of having Godzilla or the Muto flee or be injured so they have to stop the battle, otherwise the small fight scene scattered throughout the film are pointless as we never get a resolution to any of them.

Destroying the remaining nukes (Sending them into space for example) would have allowed them to effectively starve the Muto's - remember the female Muto only laid eggs near sources of radiation and that if your theory is correct any form of radiation not only feeds and sustains them but also causes them to increase in size. Using any sort of nuclear weapon near them is stupid given these statements.

10. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's because he sees the mutants as analogous to gays

11. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

[​IMG]

Me too.

Maybe somebody coming from that sensibility would recognize that "cool factor" isn't what makes a movie, or even just an action scene work. In other words, a campy gay guy might not make a movie quite so appealing to people who think everything should be Call of Duty + tits.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    But then so does Ian McKellan. I believe that's a big part of why he took the role of Magneto.

Ian McKellen Took 'X-Men' Role Because Of Gay Rights Parallel

I think people will see the mutant persecution in the movie as whatever rights issue they're personally passionate about, be it race, gender equality, social class or whatever.

X-Men has always been about a deeper subtext.

Stan Lee once said in an interview that X-Men was all about 'Love thy fellow man'. Of course he meant in general, but it seems apt to this post, yes? :p 

13. sawwheeler

This thread refuses to die...

14. Gluttobot

Gluttobot Well-Known Member

Anyone who could finally do the more robot-centered storyline rather than human-centered.

15. sawwheeler

As much as I find the human-centered storylines annoying, it makes the movie cost less and makes it easier to make. And it isn't Bay's fault for it being human-centered, you can blame the writers for that.

16. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

In an auteur dominated landscape like the film industry, the director controls everything. Directors are a major part of the writing process, and they have final say on the focus of the film. Hell, they can add and remove entire characters and plot points whenever they feel like it.

He's as responsible for the shitty scripts, the shitty designs, and the shitty acting as the shitty writers, shitty designers, and shitty actors. He's not some poor, passionate artist doing the best he can- He's a hack with a multi-million dollar budget who gets paid real good to make shit go boom.

And if he does realize how crappy the movies he's making are, he certainly has no qualms with putting his name all over them. Ever notice how the announcer always says "Michael Bay's Transformers" and nothing else? Doesn't even have time for the subtitle! That tells me that Bay is very, very proud of what he's done.

So don't ever say "Don't blame him... He's just the director!"

17. sawwheeler

I'd like to make as much money as he does on his movies then...also, I wasn't quite sure of the awesome powers a director has. Sorry dude. The movies could be more well written but I deal with them.