Hasbro MP Thundercracker UK release cancelled!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sai, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I think we shld bring this "Sasha" in for further questioning. Seems like there's more to her then meets the eye....

2. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very little info to begin with regarding this release; very little here, too, especially considering that CS reps and supervisors aren't usually the brightest or most well-informed people (apologies to any in the field - I am not saying everyone is. For a time I also did CS).

Regardless of all this, I still think an MP-11 version of TC and SW is inevitable, one way or another...

3. Cyberseven

Cyberseven Seeker

Well, let's just all who are hoping for a TC MP wait to see what Hasbro has to say at SDCC. We should know something for sure then.

I hope we get one though. Would be nice. He is actually my favorite Seeker, and would be a welcome addition to my collection of MP's.

4. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

They've let me down with a lot of things. Especially lately they are just dropping the ball. The Prime line, smaller figures but cost more, lack of detail or proper paint apps. And the rest of the stupidity from this year just to name a few things.

I thought TC was released more then 4 years ago and it was the only MP TC release. No Hasbro release. I wanted the Hasbro version to go with my Hasbro version Skywarp. Either way the Takara ones came out during a time that I missed out on them. I wasn't online buying up figures and stuff.

Never came. Tired of waiting. Bought Igears at the same time. And traded off my Hasbro Skywarp. Point being, I don't need to show them any loyalty when I'm not even the demographic they're targeting.

Well... was the Hasbro release of MP Skywarp the retool? I don't even remember. I just wanted a TC to go with my Skywarp and it's been how many years and still no Hasbro TC? I'm OCD I like my boxes to match if I'm keeping them in the box and displaying the boxes. However, I really did like Igears better. I love the color blue used for TC. I prefer toon colors over G1 toy colors.

5. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    really, this sounded kinda suspect from the git. hasbro was on a pretty regimented release schedule with the MPs and the announced US MP10 fell in with that schedule (they've usually/recently had one MP announced but not released, one released by takara, and one released in the US, all in the same [roughly] year). but out of left field we get this other MP(11)allegedly getting released at the same time in the US as MP10, when MP11 was really probably slated for a december/Jan US release...and its all based on a walmart wall poster.... i dont think there was anything else.

but...
    on the other hand they did just bang out three new MPs so maybe theyre ratcheting up that schedule. just seems weird that they wouldnt have anything at all in the US release stage this winter or or probably even spring (every single MP would be in the pre-release/takara relase stage).

but really...worst case scenario is that MP11-TC not coming now,... or not maybe not even coming to the US at all. but either hasbro or takara will EVENTUALLY release a thundercracker. its not at all like you wont see a blue version of this mold...it just might not be immediately.

edit: and we didnt even know if it was MP03 or MP11, lol.

6. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Not surprised to hear this. Hasbro is horrible at delivering their promises, though this being a speculation aside.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

No, it wasn't. Other than some tweaking to meet US safety standards, the US Skywarp is basically identical to all iterations of the MP-03 mold. I think the plastic quality is better than the very first release of the mold. I've read and heard that subsequent releases boasted a better quality plastic.

I basically took it as you specifically desiring a redeco of MP-11 as Thundercracker, as opposed to settling on MP-07, but you did get the iGear release (which is a sort of a design compromise between the two).

8. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I called and confirmed the listing and price with a TRU store after 03Mach1 requested someone to do so in the original thread. It is in their system, or at least it was at that time. Even though we haven't seen or heard anything from Hasbro does not really mean too much. We just found out about Jetwing Prime from Amazon and Hasbro didn't say anything about it. Also Amazon has two exclusives this year which most of us probably would have blown off if someone had suggested they would have more than one just a few months ago. Still it is odd for TRU to be getting two Masterpiece figures at roughly the same time and only one shown so far, although the prices of both are about the same as Amazon's.

Plans also change and this may be an old listing that was never removed. MP Prime could be taking it's place. We have seen many items that never made it to retail like the ROFT Scout 2-packs that we saw instructions for on Hasbro's site or some Animated figures. Sometimes we see things pop up out of nowhere like one of the ROFT Legends sets K-Mart got, the previously mentioned Jetwing Prime, or for you G.I. Joe fans the recently release Dollar General figures.

We should know something by the end of the week. If MP Thundercracker is still happening Hasbro will probably have it at Comic Con. If not then somewhere along the line it was canceled.

It sucks that Hasbro UK isn't releasing the figure. I hate figures being exclusive or hard to get in any area, US, UK, or otherwise. Maybe like was brought up earlier TRU UK will just get stock from somewhere else. If not maybe some US board members can help out our friends across the pond, assuming the whole thing wasn't canceled that is.

9. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it not entirely possible that MP Thundercracker was initially solicited before Hasbro decided go for Prime V2 over him? Hence he'd have a record in the system, but has since been scrapped by Hasbro and this is just a 'leftover' in the system yet to be updated?

10. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you TRU for making us all so excited and now.......

11. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not surprised. The number of MP Hot Rod and Grimlock toys sat shelf-warming in the Leeds Toys R Us is embarrassing.

12. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I thought, overall, Grimlock had done fairly well?

Rodimus, don't know.

13. GunFire Alpha

GunFire Alpha Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While 3rd parties give us more of the figures we want, they are also a hell of a lot more expensive and as hasbro's primary target is children because they make up the vast majority of sales, it's not like they can give us the huge voyagers or intricately detailed combiners like 3rd parties can then sell them at a price point where they'll make a profit.

I love third parties and have many Fanproject releases and iGear's Kup heads made me buy the Generations Kup so I'm not anti-third party, but you can't blame Hasbro for cancelling a figure that maybe wouldn't sell well to it's target audience.

Anyone remember MP Skywarp being in ASDA for 20 quid?

Oh, about the figure being cancelled.
    It does look like Hasbro didn't solicit the figure for release here, TRU did, so it's hardly Hasbro's fault if they can't deliver on a promise made by another company.

If it wasn't for Hasbro we wouldn't have the Classics or Generations line so it's not like they never listen to fans, it's just that they also have to listen to their shareholders too.

14. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    How come people are blaming Hasbro when:

a) This thing wasn't even officially announced in the first place?

b) The decision to cancel may have come from TRU?

15. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

You already know the answer yourself, blaming Hasbro for everything is the in thing these days.

16. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

watch him be asia exclusive lol

17. Acclaimed

Acclaimed Well-Known Member

I also called a local NC TRU the day the item number was posted as news. They had no information about it. I was curious why a planogram would be floating around when employees couldn't find any info if they needed. I'm still hopeful however.

18. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep - frightening. It made me really worry about the future of MP's being released in the UK. Only good thing was it gave me time to save up to buy a MP Grimmy.

All true.

19. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally agree & they have screw up this time round.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Maybe most collectors bought the Rodimus Prime version with the trailer rather than the TRU version without, so when it came to TRU a lot of the potential customers had already got what they wanted. And then many others stayed away when they read of QC issues across the various versions.

As for Grimlock, I'm not sure. Maybe some people looked at him and felt he wasn't really worth £60. And it was never going to get any kind of worthwhile sale price-drop.

Who knows what goes on in the mind of a TF fan?