GigaPower Dino - GUTTUR (MP Snarl)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Peaugh, Feb 23, 2014.

1. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Finally got around to taking a few comparison pics of Guttur between the weathered release and chromed. Don't have a great camera so they're taken from an iPhone on the kitchen counter. Sorry and enjoy.
    IMG_7917.JPG
    IMG_7918.JPG
    IMG_7919.JPG
    IMG_7921.JPG
    IMG_7920.JPG

And some of bot mode....
    IMG_7923.JPG
    IMG_7924.JPG
    IMG_7925.JPG
    I can't stress how impressive these guys are in hand. When I first got the weathered Grassor and Guttur, I thought there was no way I'd like the chromed versions near as much as I did the weathered versions. I still think I prefer the dirty guys, but it's damned close.

I suppose I'm in the minority in liking Guttur's new head sculpt, though I do wish they would have left his helmet black in the dirty version and just applied some weathering to it. Also like Guttur's ankle tilt way more than Grassor's faux tilt. On a whole, these guys aren't all that dynamic but they hit all the poses they need to hit. Besides, I believe their appeal is in their shelf presence, sculpt and finish rather than their poseability.

Any word on which dino is next?

• Like Like x 9
  2. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Here's also a video comparison to go along with your pictures.
    Is mostly a weathered version review...but the chrome is used shown as comparison.

video link:
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV19y4y1K7dF?from=search&seid=4999533684022856616

upload_2021-7-15_21-36-43.png

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Jimmy Cyclops

Jimmy Cyclops Active Member

I got my weathered Guttur the other day. I hadn't realized just how 'copper' his color was - I mean there's no hint of gold about him. Seems to make him unnecessarily jarring in dino mode amongst my mish-mash collection of dinobots. Thankfully weathered Grassor helps him blend in a bit more (Grassor's dino head seems to retain a little more of a yellowy gold at it's center, then blends to copper).

4. AlphaBass

AlphaBass Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I believe Gravitor is next, with Superator and Guanterer on the way by mid next year. At least that was what was available when I put a deposit down for Grassor and Guttur.

5. Goose24

Goose24 Well-Known Member

Any idea if Guanterer is going to be red or blue?

Getting my first Giga today. Guttur is supposed to arrive via FedEx. Excited to see this guy.

6. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

The only pre-orders I've seen so far have been for the blue version, but that doesn't necessarily mean red won't follow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Really! This info was somewhere? Finishing the other 3 could be a year out!? Who knows what their operation is like but I would have expected sooner then that.

8. Goose24

Thanks. Hoping for red as it’s a toy display but maybe if it’s blue it will at least help fuel the secondary market for red.

9. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He was too overwhelming & lonely for the Dinobot shelf so he was moved to the MP shelf.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

My “Guttur” is in town. Unfortunately, yesterday 15 negative eBay seller feedbacks showed up for the first time since I ordered, claiming that the buyers all received coin purses from this seller rather than their actual figures. Then all the feedback was taken down entirely. So I’m not optimistic.

I knew I was rolling the dice when I ordered but all the feedback was positive and seemed legit. I couldn’t find any red flags other than Chinese seller and pretty, but not absurdly, low price. PayPal has taken care of me before, I’m expecting they will do so again.

I think this was a sponsored listing too. If so, EBay needs to be more careful about who they approve for that.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

Hmm. Had him a few days now and I haven't opened the feet yet. Still deciding if opening them will be required. Hoping the oil route will work for me too. I guess I won't have him in that many poses in dinosaur mode anyway, so if his feet remain locked it won't be the end of the world... but it would be a pain after paying for a premium figure (good value though they are).

It will also help when fixing his feet against his robot bell-bottoms when transforming, as one of them at least looks like or could use adjustment to neaten up a bit.

Anyway glad to know I'm not the only one with the issue. Not that I want others to have problems but it's good to get feedback how you guys dealt with it.

I haven't transformed him yet, deciding to give it a go this weekend. I did try pulling the front legs/arms sideways as instructed, and they didn't want to budge either, although I didn't try that hard.

Not quite sure why it's required as the shoulder movement is pretty good as is but I guess it's to do with broadening his profile in bot mode. Grassor's transformation seems simpler.

I think I'll watch a video transformation first. Not that it looks especially difficult (although there are a couple pics have me a bit puzzled. How do you roll the top of his shoulder while leaving the leg, for example?) but I'm a bit worried about breakage. I do know from Grassor already that the odd step here and there is left out.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  12. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Well, you'll want to get the dino feet moving because they have to be in a particular position to fit correctly when you transform him into bot mode. The feet are either flat (so it can stand) or they can tilt backwards a couple clicks, so don't try to force them to bend forward unless they are clearly tilted backwards. Your back feet should be okay so just check those to see the range of movement beforehand.

This video is good because he goes from dino to bot mode and then back to dino mode in it. Honestly you probably wouldn't need it but I always prefer to use them in case I get stuck. It still might be a good idea to watch it because there is a "trick" involved with the back legs/shoulders where you have to rotate a hidden tab.

• Like Like x 2
  13. AlphaBass

AlphaBass Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I started with metallic Grimlock. I've ended up chasing down the other 4. When you see him, he has a unique presence and it might compel you to grab the rest of the team. Just be warned.

I think back in November/December 2020 I saw my vendor have Slag/Slug, Snarl and Sludge available for PO. I'm hoping that the popularity of the preorders and sales made GP aware that they needed to finish the set. You'll probably get them a lot faster and cheaper than the FT Dinos.

14. Goose24

Oh Slag is arriving in the next week, and Grimlock and Sludge have been preordered. I’m all in at this point. Just need that red Swoop.

15. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

I finally got my shoulders/thighs to pop almost al the way so I could rotate them, when I suddenly figured out that the shoulders were already in the higher bot mode position that I wanted to shift them into. They packaged Guttur in dino-mode, but didn't actually have the hips in the correct location. So I quit trying to rotate the shoulders before I broke anything.

I'll need to watch this video to see how they got the shoulders to pop. Watched another one and it only makes a smaller difference to how high Guttur's shoulders sit. Maybe he looks a little like he's slouched over if you don't do it, but you really have to look carefully to notice.

• Like Like x 2
  16. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Same here, packaged already in bot mode position but messed with them anyway since its gonna happen and wanted to know if everything was functioning correctly.

I just decided to pull the screw and take the leg apart because the foot is another one of those parts that has an offset mount so it's easy to rotate with force one way but the other it feels like its leveraged against the mounting point and can break. It really is the easiest leg to take apart and it all goes together with the tabs in corresponding slots very straight forward so this made it easy to get it done and worked in quick with grease on the contact points.

17. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Yeah, my shoulders were already in bot mode position too. Funny thing is my shoulder tabs don't spin freely so while I was looking around and transforming him I had to manually spin the tab with a spudger to move it. That's when I figured out they were already in position. Personally I might not ever bother rotating that tab back because I didn't like yanking on the shoulders and it looked perfectly fine with them in bot mode position while in dino mode anyway. I still don't get why Grassor came in bot mode but Guttur came in Dino mode. My ONLY criticisms of this big boy are that I wish the eyes were a lighter blue and they should've included the flame effects.

Oh well, I love these things and the anticipation for the other 3 is killing me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Turingmachine75

Turingmachine75 Mostly kibble

Mine too was in alt with the shoulders up in bot position out of the box. I toyed with them a bit yesterday and once they were both pulled out and popped back in it was easier to do it again.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Goose24

Oh my God. This thing is glorious. I haven’t had a chance to transform him yet but he and Slag are here and they’re amazing. And HUGE. The pictures don’t really do it justice.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

If all your figure's shoulders are already in bot mode, I'm guessing mine are too. I'll have a go later.

I thought that a bit odd too. Ease of packing maybe? Grassor's horns getting in the way in dinomode? He is a very wide all round chunky boy in dinosaur mode while wide but flatter in robot mode. (I was very impressed by how an already large robot became an even bulkier dinosaur in his case.) Guttur dinosaur mode is flatter.... So maybe easier to pack that way... yeah, not sure I buy that either.

My red Gaudenter that arrived shortly before Guttur (and probably all the versions of GigaPower's Swoop, although I can't say for sure) split the difference and was half transformed in the box! (Another very nice figure by the way, but I won't go on about it here as it's not his thread.) The transformation instructions all assume that he is fully transformed in robot mode to start with so if you rely on them you have a bit of an extra puzzle, although it's not hard to work out.

• Like Like x 1