China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Captain Sideways

Captain Sideways Well-Known Member

Had a message back from dajing-hunte in response to my asking to return for refund but also stating item delivered elsewhere:
    'Hello, we have contacted the post office for inquiries. After all, the project has arrived for receipt. Our inquiries will take time. You should also contact the local post office. Thank you'

Of course it will take time:rolleyes:  and when I looked on royal mail, I kept going round in circles trying to find someone to contact over this nonsense and got nowhere. I will reply when the same as what I have said before. My address was not in Sunbury on Thames and that is hundreds of miles away from here.

2. Mick h

Mick h Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys,

I got done by jitao jitao on ebay. Bought a FT bombshell & got a small box w/card board and polystyrene. Contacted the "seller" but doubt it will do any good.

Bought it when he was at 99-100%. Fuming.

Know its been asked multiple times (i am sorry, really frustrated atm) but should I contact paypal 1st or ebay?

Thanks.

3. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Surprised he actually replied. Doesn’t address the points you raise which is expected.

You should be able to get in touch with Royal Mail despite the address being different. You may need to show to them your eBay purchase (from purchase history) that marries up the same tracking reference where they have delivered to an incorrect address. Make it clear that the seller is running a scam that utilises an incorrect address.

You should be able to have RM confirm the size/weight of the parcel and stress it is to assist you in your refund claim with eBay. Part of the scam is they don’t send your high value item but a worthless piece of Lego or crap in a light weight envelope/bag. You are demonstrating the discrepancy there to eBay. RM should be able to provide this information as it isn’t personal data.

Did you pay via paypal? If you did I would crack on with a claim via them. Whenever I pay for an order on eBay I always use paypal.

4. Captain Sideways

Paypal has been annoying when I went there and checked the options and it just said use ebays resolution centre. I used paypal credit for one which I have since paid off. I can call RM on their helpline number which I will do this afternoon. I will make sure to ask the things that you've mentioned. Fingers crossed!

The other seller tj_dynng-8 has now started to get negatives coming in. He got mine and one other guy's removed but now there are 3 negatives this last day or so. It seems even the KO's he's selling he is no longer shipping. My dispute for a refund has 3 more days to go and he's yet to respond to it.

5. Captain Sideways

D'oh, didn't realise paypal had their own resolution centre too. I'll get a claim for all 3 items on there too then :) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mick h

Mick h Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I contacted paypal and submitted a case. Hope it works.

7. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Make sure you get screen shots over those negative feedbacks and the description by the person leaving the feedback.

Good luck with RM and making a nuisance in a nice way will get you further with your claims.

8. aussiedzfan

aussiedzfan Well-Known Member

Starting to worry about a couple orders I have. Both tracking haven't moved beyond "Shipment Data Received" on the 5th

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mick h

Mick h Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same although 2 by mascotzone and 1 by netclow so should be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cardboard Bots

Cardboard Bots Well-Known Member

With Canada Post (our Royal Mail) I've inquired when the tracking of a package showed as being delivered to another location half-way across the country. Canada Post could not and would not give me any information about the package, where it went, or even who it was addressed to. They said you'll just have to get a resolution from the seller. So I doubt Royal Mail will be able to help you. It's not your job to track down fake packages that have been misdirected. It's the seller's job to ship it to your PayPal address.

So when I made a claim with paypal, I was able to show them my real address and that the tracking showed it going to a completely different town in a completely different state. Started claim online, but followed up with a phone call to paypal (I can't recall the number), and eventually got a refund. The claims process probably took a couple of weeks.

My understanding is that you should always start a claim with paypal first. If paypal sees that you started aclaim with eBay they may demand that you complete the eBay process first before PayPal intervenes.

11. Mick h

Mick h Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sent a paypal claim this morning followed by photos of the box I got and print outs of the bay transaction, Jitao Jitao's account showing the ratings and that it became private and comments from this forum in relation to him. Have to wait 8 days for him to reply. Fingers crossed!

12. Cardboard Bots

Cardboard Bots Well-Known Member

I'll be watching news about dajing-hunte closely.

13. Argama87

Argama87 New Member

Ebay:
    Something seems to be going on among these Chinese sellers. First someone above says the Mr.Brian hasn't responded in 6 days. I have an order on ebay from Wolvesbabies for a DX9 Gewalt that I put in back on the 8th with no update yet. Normally Wolvesbabies/Mazcotzone/Mascot_Home ship within a few days but never this long. Also the stores for Wolvesbabies and Mascotzone have emptied. Nothing in there. Not a good sign. Mascot_Home and mascotworld4u still have products listed. I have messaged Wolvesbabies twice this week with no reponse. I am about to call Paypal and put in tickets for that and 2 other items I ordered. What irks me is I ordered that Gewalt from wolvesbabies and now missed the window to order it from showzstore instead. The Mascotzone issue is troubling though because they had been reliable so far. I got my Jinbao Devastator, Jinbao Bruticus, and Gigapower Grassor from them.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Mick h

Mick h Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crap u have me even more worried now I have 2 mascotzone items stuck in customs since 8th june....

15. Argama87

Argama87 New Member

Ebay:
    In customs isn't bad at least. I've had stuff languish there for 2 weeks+ before. The good thing in your case is it at least made it to customs. I just checked the stores again, still empty for the two, but mascotworld4u and mascot_home are still fully stocked. I don't get it. I took the safe route and got my paypal disputes in, and those are the last I'm gambling on eBay for. I got my Cliffjumper and Snarl orders in on ShowzStore with what I had on order there already, and a Blitzwing from bababobo00712's store.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mick h

Mick h Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now i think its in customs as they reached my country n its "package data received" But 1 has not changed since june 8.

Few wks ago I noticed mascotzone took all his stuff down from ebay n I messaged him why. I had 3 preorders in, 2 shipped. He reassured me that he will honor those preorders n will put stuff back up later..... which he still hasn't. Now He has other ebay stores if you type in his name into google. For some reason his stuff dont show up on ebay Ireland on my app.

17. Captain Sideways

His profile no longer has any items for sale as well. Makes sense that he's not replied to the claim as well so think that one shouldn't be too difficult for ebay to work out + paypal. He did reply to my initial message a few days ago before the claim saying speedpak doesnt allow toy weapons and there is another parcel sent (haha).

I didn't get round to phoning RM today, but after the comment about Canada post I won't get my hopes up, but you never know. I did open a claim on paypal against one of the items from dajing-hunte - they said it'll be open for a month :-/

18. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RM should be able to confirm weight/size of parcel apparently delivered to ‘you’. RM won’t divulge the scam delivery address but you can get them to provide parcel details. I’ve done that in the past.

You just need to present your address has been ignored by the seller and whatever was delivered wasn’t to the corresponding shipping address linked to paypal. Easy to show this. Having the parcel details means you can present that as well doesn’t correspond with what you actually ordered.

Presenting negative feedback where other buyers have experienced the same will also give weight to your case and hopefully those handing your complaint turn it around quickly for you.

I’ve always progressed complaints for rogue sellers on eBay with paypal first because they have tended to be quicker at resolving. In some cases (returns) with legitimate eBay sellers it may be prudent to go via eBays resolution system to ensure you are fully covered as a buyer on the returns shipping cost. It’s possible if one goes via paypal you may not be covered for the return shipping costs. Somebody might be able to clarify if that is correct.

19. supes80

supes80 It's NOT Hot Rod's fault...

Anyone know where I can get good priced MP KO's, they are for my kid and I don't want to buy him the expensive ones until I can see he will appreciate them like they should be

20. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I had something similar happen with a seller I was looking at too. I had gotten the MS Stuticons from them just last month and everything went great. Shipping was really fast and they came with the bonuses too. I was keeping an eye on their page to see if they'd list more Legends figures and one day I refreshed and all their items where gone. I could still get to their listings from my purchase history, but going to their items page it came up blank. I just refreshed again and they've got 4 items listed now. I wonder if it's a weird way for them to reset their inventory or one of those deals where ebay gives you a discount for listing items at a certain time.