BotCon 2016 Will be the last under current format

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Matty, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I really regret not being able to make it to 2011 and 2012. Interested to see what goes down in the future!

2. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    I have been suspecting that this would happen for awhile as well. I think it is likely that we will get a company wide "Hasbro-con" similar to disney's D23 show or Blizzard's Blizzcon. If so it would likely be in Southern California on a regular basis because of stuff we hav heard over the years from Hasbro where they have wanted the show to stay in one place and in Southern California so that it is easier to get voice talent, movie cars, etc to the show.

I would like for there to be a show here but I have a feeling that any company wide show would become very large, similar to a mini SDCC. We would get some cool stuff but there would not be as much of a family feel. Part of the charm of BOTCON is the smaller feel, and getting to hang out with other fans who love the brand. I suspect that we might lose that element in a larger company wide show.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  3. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

^ Agreed. For me, the best part about BotCon was that it was all about Transformers. It was the best feeling, being completely immersed in my favorite fictional universe, surrounded by people who were all there for that one franchise. I'll miss that alot.

4. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    TFCon?

5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Going to Botcon at least once was on my bucket list. I am sad that I never had the opportunity. :(