Beast wars Help Please

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MEGATRON2099, May 21, 2014.

1. MEGATRON2099

MEGATRON2099 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So after so long of being a Transformers fan i am just now getting into Beast wars. I did not pay that much attention to the show when i was little but now giving it a second chance. Okay, so i understand It takes place like 300 years after G1...im up to the episode where Starscream comes back and takes over waspinator. When Starscream tells Megatron who he is Megatron like has no idea. Is Beast Wars Megatron and Optimus Primal the same from the G1 series?? Is this another Prime?? I also read some where that BW Megatron just took megatrons name to Try to revenge the Great War (not sure if true or not) but if you guys can help me with this it will stop me from pacing like crazy lol

2. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

It's a different Megatron and different Optimus.

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Beast Wars Megatron and Optimus Primal are not the G1 characters.

4. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    They're different characters, though the original toy bios said different.

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BW Megatron named himself after G1 Megatron. Primal is just a random bot that has a similar name to the G1 Optimus. Don't think they've officially said why he has that name in-universe.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Can't remember about Beast Wars, but I think in Beast Machines Primal said G1 Optimus was his ancestor. So I guess it's a 'family' name.

7. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't remember where I read this from(I'm thinking the IDW comics) but from what I do remember: all Maximal's and Predacon's name themselves and it's tradition to change one's name when they get a new alt mode to have a name that represents what they transform into. This is why at the start of the show everyone had a roll call to introduce the rest of the crew to their new names and alt modes. Optimus Primal and Megatron were the exceptions to this because both opted to not change their names since their current names held too much importance to them. I know Megatron named himself but I don't know if Optimus Primal named himself but it seems likely he did.

8. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

BW Megs named himself that after he stole the Golden Disk. Primal was just a random starship captain. They were supposed to originally be the G1 characters, with Optimus as a bat and Megatron as a crocodile, but that was changed soon after the first commercial.

9. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Different Optimus and Megatron. Beast Megatron took the name from his idol g1 Megatron. Optimus Primal is believed to be a descendant of Optimus Prime which is why his first name is Optimus.

10. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Primal is the command designation (so if Rhinox, Rattrap,,Cheetor, or Dinobot ever where made captain, they would be a Primal. Hence my screen name)

It was originally said that Primal and Megatron where the G1 leaders in new bodies as early as the mini comics until the show first aired (I remember re enacting Prime leaping into the air and blasting Decepticons with Ultra Optimus Primal)

TF Wiki will explain this better

11. MEGATRON2099

MEGATRON2099 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks guys cleared up some confusion maybe i should finish the series before asking anymore questions lol

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No, Primal is his name. It's made very clear throughout the show that his full name is Optimus Primal, and that Primal alone is not any kind of title or rank.

In Beast Machines Primal outright states Optimus is his direct ancestor. There was really no way around the fact that Primal visually resembled Optimus Prime, so a direct descendant he became.

Megatron, while still a descendant of the Decepticons as all Predacons are, is not directly related to the original Megatron.

Don't be shy to ask! I love Beast Wars questions, because I love Beast Wars.

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I think he did. In Beast Machines, Obsidian notes that Optimus 'took his name from a great leader'

14. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

He isn't? I never realized that

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The only thing is, considering Obsidian's usual speech mannerisms, it's entirely possible he was just using flowery speech rather than saying Optimus adopted the name. Optimus has been called Prime's descendant many times. Obsidian very well could've meant he took the name the same way you take your father's name.

He's only ever refered to G1 Megatron as his "namesake."

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It might help, though you might end up with more questions.

Just walk into Beast Wars as a new chapter with new charaters who see G1 as the distant past for now.

17. Harleytron

Harleytron Decepticon

that is how i always remembered it. optimus primal was a descendant, and megatron was a completely seperate character that took on the name of the g1 leader.

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I found a video of that scene from Beast Machines I mentioned earlier. Anyone that's still not yet seen the show might want to avoid watching because of the spoiler:

Optimus Primal talks with Optimus Prime - YouTube

Basically, Optimus Primal states twice that he's the ancestor of Optimus Prime:

'A holographic tribute to my ancestor: the original Optimus Prime.'

'Are you really my ancestor, Optimus Prime?'.

Although Nightscream does use the term 'our ancestors' earlier in the scene to describe the connection between Maximals and Autobots ('So, this is where our ancestors, the Autobots, lived'), I feel he's using it in a more general way while Optimus Primal is using it in a more direct way when referring specifically to Optimus Prime.

19. sawwheeler

sawwheeler Gundam Meister

Please don't be afraid to ask questions about Beast Wars. It is my favorite series after all. I've watched it twice so feel free to ask any other questions that come to your mind.

20. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Why did Beast Wars have to be set on earth in the past rather than a jungle planet in the present?