Auto Assembly 2009 Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Simes, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just noticed that there isn't one on here so I thought I'd start it up... if anyone has any questions about AA2009, feel free to post them and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

I promise I'll try to answer every question as honestly as possible!

2. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Will you have a press pass for a TFW2005 reporter?

3. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be honest, it's not something we can do really. We've only really offered free press passes for the mainstream media such as the BBC and these have been in fairly limited quantities.

We're on a fairly limited budget as a convention and certainly not on the same scale as BotCon (and we're still smaller than TransformersCon although we're working on it!) so for us every registration counts and this year more than ever with it being the most expensive Auto Assembly convention that we have ever produced.

The key difficulty for us with offering free places for representatives from websites is the sheer loss of income that we would potentially be opening ourselves up for. If we offer complimentary places for one site, then we would have to extend the same courtesy for all the other major news sites and even with the potential publicity we could get, the drop in income is pretty damaging.

What we have done - and are doing again this year - is offering a limited number of complimentary display tables to fan organisations/websites to promote themselves and what they do although those sites still need to cover the cost of registration for any fans that will be manning those tables over the weekend. Saying that, these tables have proved to be quite popular over the last few years.

Simon

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  4. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Has a venue been arranged for the planned ROTF screening?

5. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to be talking to a couple of cinemas in the next few weeks about costs for block bookings to see what sort of discount we can get and check on the release date for the IMAX version of the film as there is an IMAX cinema within 15 minutes walk of the hotel.

I'm also working on a new survey that will be going out to all pre-registrants to get some more information on what everyone wants during the weekend which will help us and all the dealers and that will include some questions relating to the cinema screening to help us plan this out properly so watch this space!