Are there any G1 sunbow MP figures you DON'T want made!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by malware5, Apr 5, 2014.

1. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

The title says it all, really! This is a response to all the masterpiece wish lists and the bizarre clamouring for figures from third parties by the fandom that you could bet your bottom dollar Takara will tackle by the time the masterpiece line is finished, whenever that is!

Are there any masterpiece figures of characters in the G1 sunbow universe that you...well...just think... are MEH (I really hate this word but I think it serves it's purpose well!). Figures that if Takara or all third parties were to announce today they wouldn't tackle in the foreseeable future, you wouldn't give two sh*ts, you'd have a similar reaction to the one you had when MP Star Sabre was announced; 'Ah...money well saved' :D . You would only buy them if there were some serious mitigating circumstances. Like for instance, there was a drought longer than the one Takara is having at moment that might make you cave in for a third party MP figure that you might not like and even then you probably might pass.

Are there any such figures you can think of that fit this description? There are form me but before I get to it I want to establish some rules, I don't want this thread devolving into all sorts of silliness like ' I don't want an MP deathasaurus' when there are probably only two people in the fandom that want or it'll probably only be in the 'Vote a masterpiece 2099' or something.

Characters EXCLUDED from this discussion:
    All of the city formers!
    All the scramble city combiners
    Omega Supreme
    Any and everything past the core season 3 movie cast.
    All of the fembots in the search for Alpha trion G1 episode
    All non-Transformers characters (i.e. humans, aliens, etc.) (NB: Yoonakron made his post before I added this!)

NB: Keep it civil gents, trash the figures/characters and not the people that want them! For instance I would give my left nut, in fact my left everything on my body for a galvatron masterpiece, but I know there are a lot of my 80's cohorts, the season 1&2 purists that won't even piss on an MP of the guy if it was on fire and was the last MP figure on earth! Hey, but that's just their opinion, as long as it's directed at Galvatron and not me what the hell do I care?

Let the hate begin!

2. yoonakron

yoonakron Welcome to you're "doom!"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't think there'd be any character I wouldn't want, if it were given the MP treatment. For example, I hate Wheelie, but if TT made an MP Wheelie that looked liked the animation model, I'd buy it! lol

I just hate all non-Transformers characters from the cartoon (i.e. humans, aliens, etc.) Oh, and this guy:

[​IMG]

That, Takara. Please don't ever make that. I hate everything in that screenshot!

3. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Galvatron :p 

No really...I hate that guy.

Also, Rodimus Prime.

Megatron and Hot Rod I want but fuck those 2 imposters.

I'd buy an MP of that.

Superior in every way to Rodimus Galvatron.

Edit: I'm not a season 1,2 purist. I would buy pretty much any other characters from the cartoon and comics.

4. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, all of them. I don't collect MP.

5. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

:lol 

I find your post hilarious and as a result I'm going to edit my post so there are no more of these! :lol 

6. Ionus

Ionus Well-Known Member

Maybe Cosmos. He was a portly bastard and kinda fugly.

7. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    no need for a no-altmode-havin 'Autobot X'.
    and what yoonakron said, the non-TF characters: quintessons, prima, marissa fairborne, and a special request for no more Dr Archevilles, amonst other things.

8. yoonakron

yoonakron Welcome to you're "doom!"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, but think of the MP possibilities! It's like having Michelangelo or DaVinci paint a fat person. Still fat, yes. But a beautiful, exquisite fat person! Right? Right! Okay, then! :) 

You're crazy, man! As characters, sure, they're imbeciles! But from a design standpoint, don't you think they're good? I present 2 arguments:

1) Flames on chest
    2) Purple cannon with phallic, orange turret

The end.

9. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

But I'll admit, if it did have an alt-mode, I'd want it.

And I don't want BOT either, but I would love a few of Shockwaves sentinels!

10. Ionus

Ionus Well-Known Member

lol

11. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

No.

Just about EVERY character (that I can think of) from the "G1" Sunbow show (AND the original Marvel comics) would be welcomed (by me) as MP figures.

Hell, I would love ANYONE to make a good human 5-pack or three in 1:30 scale: Archeville, Spike, Sparkplug, Carly, Raoul, that annoying bitch that liked Powerglide, Chip Chase, Buster, comic Stan "Sparkplug", Barnett, Blackrock, Circuit Breaker (ooh la la), symbiote Spider-Man, Jesse, "O", etc.

Even characters like Autobot-X, B.O.T., Skuxxoid, Slizardo, etc. would be great.

12. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I dunno about Cosmos. Any of the kinda scrawny background Floro Dery bots (especially the ones that are retroactively supposed to be characters like Sentinel Prime, etc. when they were clearly just background bots)- they all have a very similar long 'n' lanky look that wears thin for me. Other than that, I can't think of anybody's character design that actively turns me off.

13. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It actually occurred to me that the Marvel Universe 3.75" Black Costume Spider-man could work, especially with the messed up scale of the old Marvel art and it would match the cover.

As for MPs I wouldn't want made, there's nothing, every Transformer should get made someday.

14. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    86 movie cast and season 3 and any character who didn't get a g1 toy until 86 is all I'm really interested in generally speaking.

But their are plenty of later japanese series era characters I'd love to have figures of and am very excited for Starsaber and hope we get more guys like him.

I do get annoyed at how much focus the season 1 and 2 cast will continue to get from Takara for a while still but whatever I know that's their bland vanilla bread and butter fanbase money printing scheme so I'd hardly tell them to stop.

15. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    Apologies to the OP but this is a dumb thread.

While there are characters that I may not be interested in and have no interest in buying them should they be released in MP form (Reflector, I'm looking at you), it doesn't mean I don't want them made for other people to enjoy.

Fanboi entitlement hard at work right here :thumbs2: 

16. MatrixFollower

MatrixFollower Banned

+1

17. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    I love you.

18. Harleytron

Harleytron Decepticon

hmmm. wouldnt want. hard to say. i mean theres characters i dont care about (reflector, blaster, perceptor) but, if you throw an MP version infront of me i'd probably cave in anyways.

huffer wasnt on my radar at all but when i first laid eyes on cubex huff, well damn. hes a fine looking representation of his cartoon-self.

19. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Nope. All is fine.

20. lee9

lee9 Well-Known Member

Lotta things I don't want.

- DON'T want them to slow down. Even the current rate of new molds is too slow for me.
    - DON'T want Toys R Us exclusives, low production runs, molds that never make it to USA, or bundling new molds with repaints.
    - DON'T want prices to keep creeping up
    - DON'T want them to stop ever. Once they've done all characters, they can start over.