AOE Scale Chart Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Red Goblin, Dec 8, 2013.

1. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks! It is a shame that it's not letting you post the larger size but I appreciate the effort nonetheless. Red Goblin will get around to it eventually. I'm not worried. :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  2. JD The Last Autobot

JD The Last Autobot More Than Meet The Eyes

@Red Goblin It is amazing the work you do with these scales of movies. Congratulations! By the way now that there will be no Transformers movie until at least 2021 and therefore there will be no new characters that you can work with, to keep this thread alive you could work on some scales, please be amazing if you do it:
    * Scale Big Transformers (Dinobots, Devastator, Infernocus, Dragonstorm, Jetwing Prime ROTF, Power-Up Prime DOTM)
    * Scale Small Trasformers (Ravage ROTF, Scorponok, TF1 Allspark Mutations, ROTF Appliancebots, Scalpel, Hatchling, Alice, Frenzy, Scalpel's Assistans, Insecticon, Wheelie , Brains, Sqweeks, Scalpel's Drones, Igor, Insecticon, AOE Chromosomes, BB Ravage, Laserbeak, Watch-bot, VattiBot, The Watchthat killed Hitler, Cogman)
    * Scale TF All Cons & Bots
    * Scale ROTF All Cons & Bots
    * Scale DOTM All Cons & Bots
    *Scale for generic and other decepticons (the various protoforms, DOTM Pickup With, Primes, etc) would be amazing if you do it you are a master I love your job

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mecha Knuckles

Mecha Knuckles Member

Hello, great work on these charts! I don't know if this has been mentioned, but something that immediately bugged me is Long Haul being put at 30'. I know that he's not 65' like in the concept art, but this right here proves he's taller than that. (I apologize if this image is added incorrectly.) Edit: There, now it's working.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So if he's taller than Starscream by a pretty large amount (meanwhile appearing smaller than he would if he were in the foreground or next to Starscream) he must be taller than 31'. It might be possible with some math to find out how tall this would make him. This is why SS Long Haul deserves a Leader Class.

It would be cool if we could figure out the heights of the other constructicons, but that's pretty impossible because they never appeared in robot form in the film.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  4. stephenotes88

stephenotes88 Well-Known Member

Is there a movie accurate cgi render for AOE Evasion Prime? The one used in the charts is based off of concept art, which is how he should look if he retained his rusted tan vehicle mode colors. Except in the movie, he somehow changes colors so that his robot mode has faint shades of red and blue. We never get a clear screencap of his full robot mode so I've always wanted to see more of his movie cgi model, for customizing purposes.
    78779e10daf55d368f6f15c24c513731.jpg 15242823329_b2ff614c06_o.png

5. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree with this guy, size of Constructicons bugs me a bit

• Like Like x 3
  6. SinisterSpinister

SinisterSpinister Violently Neon

News Credits:
    Will the Decepticon chart ever come back?

7. Artistodave

Artistodave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So how tall is actually bumblebee?
    We got this smaller and in my opinion better proportion in the poster (probably for marketing reasons, as they want it to make it feel more personal therefore more close to an actual human size) which is my favorite cause it looks like an actual unfolded standing Beetle size wise, but makes everyone else offscale by making blitzwing and some other characters a bit too small
    [​IMG]

Then we got the actual movie height, which is more in touch with what movie bee has always been in size
    [​IMG]
    I sincerely like the first one better, but what do you guys think? How tall would you think bee should actually be?

8. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bumblebee is officially 11.6 ft according 3A who have access to the CGI files.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His size is very inconsistent. It ranges from being small enough to fit in a a house (I'm guessing even shorter than the mentioned 11.6) to being 15+ as shown a while back in this thread.

10. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Not yet, but I found a post deep in this thread with a version of the file still working in full size:

• Like Like x 7
  11. Mecha Knuckles

Mecha Knuckles Member

Okay, I think I see where some of the confusion with Long Haul's height comes in. [​IMG]
    We see Long Haul across from Brawl here. Brawl is somewhere around 28 feet tall (I know the chart says 25' but nobody can be for sure because there aren't good reference points and the HD DVD says he is 18 feet tall, which is obviously a typo.) and Long Haul... Looks to be the same height as him in this shot? But wait, he was a decent amount taller than Starscream in that ROTF shot (that I posted earlier and quoted here) so does Long Haul have some differing size issue? There are different types of the Caterpillar dump truck that look awfully similar but have different sizes... I don't know. But because he's just reused in DOTM as cannon fodder for Optimus to demolish then I'd trust the ROTF height more. I mean with the ROTF size it would be harder to fit him into Optimus' killing spree scene. This kind of reminds me of how Grindor was given an upscale from Blackout's model. What do you guys think? Maybe the chart should include both?

The confusion continues...
    [​IMG]
    This seems pretty close. And here he's about 3 stories, so about 30 feet.[​IMG]
    These seem like the 30' range too.
    [​IMG]
    The protoforms have differing sizes, don't they? But this and the below image make him look smaller than 30'.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^Just for the record, I am 99% sure Starscream is NOT crouching here based on how he walks in the scene. [​IMG]
    He is crouching, but this again seems like the 30' or taller range. I'm just confused with this... I still thing SS Long Haul deserves that Leader class anyway though because of that 38' long vehicle mode and how even if he is around 30' (which seems likely) that bulk is clearly visible in his robot form. Edit: And plus he forms Devastator's leg.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    There's really no confusion. The animators just reused old models and scale them down or up, depending on the shot the director needs. LongHaul and constructicons are actually really big. But not shown that way in movie.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Mecha Knuckles

Mecha Knuckles Member

Yes, I know they scale them up and down, like with Grindor. But part of what I'm saying is that the scale chart should probably include the differing size. (As shown Long Haul seems to have two different heights, and maybe three if the DOTM one really is smaller than 30'.) I'm also trying to show that SS Long Haul should be a Leader class based on his movie height, but I'm sure you guys get that. I mean come on, look at this:
    [​IMG]
    And then there's the 38' long dump truck. Now I know the Studio Series scale is already a bit wacked up, as there isn't enough of a fine line as there should be between the 22' mark and the 28' mark. (As seen with Ironhide and Rampage compared to Optimus.) It just disappoints me that the whole purpose of it was good scale and movie accuracy but now we have Long Haul, Hightower, and Scrapmetal all being too small, along with a few others who are too small particularly in their vehicle mode like Brawl. I know it's hard to keep a good size between alt mode and robot mode sometimes, but I feel like with good engineering a better job can be done. But Long Haul, Hightower and Scrapmetal are all just too small, period. I'm losing my faith in this toyline...

14. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    I think the size discrepancy is likely due to him having to combine into Devastator, if he was smaller it wouldn't work. Because of mass shifting and all.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mecha Knuckles

Mecha Knuckles Member

Well because the other ones are drones, it explains that there isn't actually a size change. Those drones just have different sizes because the people who did the CGI wanted to alter the size. But mass shifting has annoyed me in the Bayverse (excluding the Allspark because it can do whatever the heck it wants) because some Transformers are just too small or too big in their robot form for their vehicle mode. I'd probably say that Long Haul's size is pretty reasonable for his vehicle - but that SS figure is definitely too small. Some of you might be thinking, "Didn't they make him that size so he could evenly form a leg for Devastator?" Well, if they cared enough about movie accuracy then they'd have Rampage combine with a yellow dump truck and possibly another bulldozer because of that second set of treads. Then Long Haul being a Leader would work out just fine, and plus the one on the boat is probably the real Long Haul that combines so the point still stands. Scrapmetal should probably be a voyager, and then hightower should be a voyager or leader. I would've liked to see them include that yellow dump truck and the shovel as Hightower's hand too. Make the dump truck a voyager, because it looks like a Caterpillar 773B, which is 30' long. Maybe call him Payload!

Well... No, I HIGHLY doubt that is Long Haul. Especially with the size thing. But I should've noticed that earlier - the other ones aren't Long Haul! They're just drones, and that's why their size doesn't matter (NO PUN INTENDED, SERIOUSLY.) when talking about how tall the true Long Haul is and should be for SS. If they're to be included in the chart, then they should be labeled as drones. The only time we see the true Long Haul in robot form is probably the one on the boat, and like I showed he deserves that Leader Class. As for his height, I think I've settled on something a little above 30'. Maybe 32'. But I know 30' is just an approximation anyway, and the only thing to use for reference on the boat besides Rampage is the rest of the boat, putting him somewhere around 3 stories.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Yeah I get it. Surely Red Geoblin is aware
    The scales were never meant to show how characters appear larger or smaller.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  17. Mecha Knuckles

Mecha Knuckles Member

You mean these scale charts? Or SS? Because I know SS says right on the back of the box that part of the reason that line was created was for movie accurate size and representation.
    Or by that do you mean the differing size of the drones?

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    No not drones.

19. KingStarscream9

KingStarscream9 Banned

Just what I was about to say

• Like Like x 4
  20. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey
    From what i remember from TFwiki the First concept used other dump truck and that's why Long Haul is that big in concept scale, that dump truck is Caterpillar 797 so it's bigger than 773B
    okay now from TFwiki: "In the original fanart by Josh Nizzi, Long Haul's alternate mode is a CAT 797, with an overall length of 14.5m / 47.67ft. However, the vehicle which becomes the left leg of Devastator is a smaller CAT 773B with an overall length of 10.3m / 33.5ft. Either this was a change made during the adaptation from art to CGI, or the two Long Hauls are in fact different vehicles."
    Long Haul concept scale.jpg

• Like Like x 3