Amazon Can Eat Slag

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GoldbugTM2, Nov 14, 2016.

1. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you use the packing slip for the $90 one to return the broken one you got for $72, they will refund you based on the $90 packing slip.

2. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be honest, it doesn't sound like they dropped the ball at all. Maybe fumbled it a bit when they sent you between sources trying to get your refund, but at the end of the day, you got your refund, got to keep the defective product (which is actually 7 individual toys which are not *all* defective), and you were still able to find the same product for the same price somewhere else. Could have found it right on Amazon if the timing was right. Essentially you got free, non-defective versions of every technobot except Scattershot and Afterburner, which I certainly wouldn't be complaining about.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  3. GoldbugTM2

GoldbugTM2 Right Hand Of Primus

This is where you guys are getting it wrong. There ARE NO packing slips. The bad one didn't even come with one since they just slapped stickers on the Hasbro box. They setup the return before I send anything back. So they are waiting on the $72 one, regardless of what other one I get. They did this like 3 times over in the course of them figuring out what to do. They don't even give you a shipping label! They gave me a code to take to "my local UPS store." It's highly unlikely they'd be able to tell the difference, and since the $90 one comes from a 3rd party, it would get sent back to the 3rd party, not Amazon.

No, I'm not keeping it. I ordered another Computron from Walmart, but I haven't gotten anything back for the bad one yet. So I'm out over $140 until the new one gets here and then I can return the bad one to wherever to get my money back.

4. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Since when you can buy from Amazon using paypal?

5. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Amazon gives you the option to either print a shipping label or take it to UPS to have them apply one. It's a click-able option during the filing process.
    Apply the label exactly how it came to you, directly on the box, and get your refund.
    Problem solved.

6. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So cancel the request to return on the $72 one and open a new return request for the $90 one. They'll use that code to return it. *OR* you could have waited a few days till Amazon got their normal stock back in and done the swap then.

Its not Amazon's fault you don't trust their return system. The employees told you it would work out and you don't believe them. Those people spend all day dealing with returns and price adjustments and who knows what else. They know how to do their jobs. Absolute worst case scenario they refund you (accidentally) for the $72 one and you call back and explain what happened and they refund you the other $18.

FFS, man.

Also: Why not just use your credit card and pay it off later? That way you're not paying for it till the end of the month and that $70 just floats there and is taken care of when they refund you on the same account. Its never actually "out of your pocket"

If money is that tight that you can't afford to be out $70 for a few days you really shouldn't be buying action figures.

7. FortMax123

FortMax123 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Me Slag no want to be eaten!"

:lol 

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  8. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Just know that small sellers are also told to pound sand in the event of a problem. The distributor tells you to call the manufacturer and the manufacturer tells you to call the distributor. It's not right to dump Amazon's problem on WalMart but it's better than dumping it on a random person who can't eat the loss because Amazon is already screwing them sideways on fees.

9. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Not that I agree with everything in the thread, but the only time I have had an issue with Amazon it was resolved by their facebook team, which was great. But it could be how legitimate the problem was, and how realistic/unrealistic the demands of the consumer are.

I was actually baffled by the CS response I originally received. Ordered some 80s rocker pants for a Christmas party (went as Jingle Bell Rock), and the pants came (won't go into detail) clearly used and returned. When I emailed them, they said they would ship out a new pair, and said "you will receive them on Saturday" (the day of the party), to which I replied "As long as you can guarantee I will have them in hand on Saturday, I will take a new pair", to which I got confirmation. Two days before the party, I again contacted them as they had not shipped, "don't worry sir, you will have them by Saturday at 1pm". Saturday came and I got notice that they had shipped and would arrive late the next week. After contacting a rep, he insisted that they "meant to say that they would ship by Saturday". With both reps, I repeatedly asked for and got assurances that I would get them by that day.

Long story short, as soon as I contacted them through Facebook and posted the text of all of my conversations, I had received a refund within 15 minutes and got to keep both the new pair and stained pair of pants. But mine was legitimately very poor service, from the staining on the original pair to how unreasonable the final representative was after their failure to deliver, as what the original reps had spelled out.

10. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Holding out on the most interesting part of the story...what gives?

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, not interesting if you think what may stain used spandex pants. Lets just say that they are unisex and I was the first man to buy them.

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I was thinking MP Skids...MP = My Pant. But the latest hint sounds more like MP Smegmatron or was it just a bloody good show?

13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You just want to find reasons for failure at this point, so more power to you.

Also, you can't use Paypal on Amazon. They have their own payment system.

Agreed,

You can't. Never could.

I had forgotten all about this when I told him to do that. You're right, that would be incredibly shitty to do to the seller. He's up shit creek without a paddle, then. He put himself there, though.