X-Men: First Class

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by SilverOptimus, May 6, 2010.

1. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

It's been so long since FOX has done anything with either DD or FF, and I wonder why those rights haven't reverted back to Disney/Marvel yet. The contract they signed with FOX must have been really lopsided to have allowed FOX such leeway with the licenses, and unfortunately they can't do anything about it.

As for First Class, the only reason I'm remotely interested in this movie (aside from being a big X-Men fan) is Matthew Vaughn. I saw his Kick-Ass and he did amazing job with it. I hope he will be able to do likewise with FC.

2. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Good Lawd.....

Why not just reboot the damn franchise.

The only thing...ONLY THING...I like so far is Magneto's helmet. Not so much for the comic accuracy, more so for the size. I always thought that they one they had Ian Mckellen wearing was just a bit too small.

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I will probably go see this.

I have no idea why though :( 

4. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

I have no idea if this will be any good, but the cating of McAvoy and Fassbender is a stroke of genius. They really do resemble the younger versions of McKellen and Stewart.

Oh and anyone who rates X3 over X2 is out of their goddamn minds :wink: 

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well the costumes are based on the original 60's designs but yeah Magneto never wore that at all. His helmet's cool though,

6. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

The helmet looks pretty good... hate the yellow costume

7. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The thing that X3 did so terribly wrong is that they backed the story into such a wall, that all that they could possibly do from that point is prequels. Why did they write X3 with mostly everybody dead by the end if they (obviously) wanted to keep on making more X-Men films?

8. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yeah you know what I have been thinking about the fox xmen movies and at this point...screw this sh##, seriously marvel REALLY needs the rights back to this franchise and asap, so the only way fox will give up the rights/stop making these shitty movies, is if no one goes and sees them. So now I am done no matter how good the trailer is I will not see this movie or anything involving the xmen and fox together. Anyone else agree with me?

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Not only that, but the insistence on every character being a legacy character, even if they have one line and die after that.

10. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Plot/Character/Story

In the beginning of the film, no one knows that mutants exist, and all the mutants don’t know that each other exist. They’re all in hiding.

The movie begins is 1942 showing the lives of young Charles Xavier and young Erik Lensherr.

The main story is set in 1962.

Sebastian Shaw is a mutant with the power to absorb other people's talents. By example, if he's speaking to someone that is fluent in German, he'll be fluent in German as well. He used his gift to become a billionaire and create the Hellfire Club, a secret society formed by rich individuals which Shaw plans to use as a tool to take over the world.

Shaw plans to take advantage of the Cuban Missile Crisis to start World War III and, with the American government weakened, take over aided by the Man in Black, his human ally infiltrated in the CIA.

Emma Frost is a member of the Hellfire Club. She's a telepath and can turn her skin into diamond. However, she doesn't have a defined side. She just does what she thinks its best for the mutants. Her origin is a mystery, but there are several small clues hidden throughout the movie that will be easily picked by who's familiar with the character.

Dr. Moira McTaggart is initially a CIA agent who works for the Man in Black studying mutants alongside Sean Cassidy.

When CIA finds out about Shaw's plans, they ask Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr to stop the Hellfire Club. Aided by Moira, they create the X-Men, formed by Havok, Beast, Mystique, Banshee, Angel and Darwin, to stop the Hellfire Club.

Charles Xavier is a powerful telepath and the leader of the X-Men. He doesn't participate of most of the fights, preferring to stay behind and coordinate the team via mind link. He is also quite arrogant, womanizing, a drinker and someone who enjoys giving orders to order. Someone who feels superior to others for being a mutant. It's the events about to unfold that humble him and turn him in the man portrayed by Patrick Stewart in the classic trilogy.

Erik Lensherr is a man haunted by the death of his parents in a Nazi concentration camp and the death of his wife and daughter during a riot caused by the reveal that he was a mutant. At first, he believes he can put his pain and grief to good use by showing to the humans that they and mutants can co-exist in peace. However, he is ultimately convinced that humans will never accept them and sets to do what is necessary to ensure the survival of his race: destroying however opposes to them.

Magneto is the movie's main character. He is a spy, inspired by Sean Connery's portrayal of James Bond. Much like Xavier, it's the events about to unfold that start his descent into the man portrayed by Ian McKellen in the original trilogy.

Humanity is still not aware of the existence of mutants by the time the movie starts.

Azazel and Riptide are Sebastian Shaw's enforcers. Azazel wants Mystique to carry his child so that his "superior" bloodline will live on, and he has no qualms about forcing it upon her.

Mystique will be confused about who to follow: Xavier or Lensherr.

Havok is Cyclops' older brother. He can absorb solar energy into his body and fire it in the form of energy blasts that he shoots out of his chest. He appears to be the team's field leader, although he's more rebellious and daring than his brother.

Beast will be the team's scientist and the circumstances behind his transformation into a blue furry creature will be explained.

Banshee appears to be the team's comic relief, whereas Angel is the on-and-off member, refusing to adopt a costume and a superhero codename. Darwin will be the loner outcast.

Xavier's exploits with the females will be explore, apparently. In addition to dating Moira, he'll hit on Emma Frost and Mystique. Magneto won't be far behind, as there's apparently a romantic triangle between him, Moira and Xavier.

The movie's ending apparently takes place in a island. The X-Jet is chased by military vehicles following Magneto's betrayal of them and crash-lands. On land, Havok and Beast protect Xavier, who has been crippled during the crash, from Magneto, while Mystique fights Azazel and Banshee, Angel and Darwin fight Riptide. Azazel eventually attacks and sinks a nuclear submarine and, in order to save it, Xavier uses his latent telekinetic powers to rise it out of the water and transport it to safety. However, in the process, he burns the power out of his body and loses all of his hair.

However, rumor has it that the ending has been changed so that Xavier is neither crippled nor bald by the time it ends, and maybe, Magneto's betrayal also doesn't happen. This is being done in order to open way for possible sequels.

Speaking of which, both Kevin Bacon and January Jones have contracts for more than one movie, but don't know if they'll actually be called back.

Angel's body is completely tattooed and her insectoid-wings unfold from the tattoos on her back.

Havok shoots a red beam similar to Cyclops' optic blasts from his chest.

11. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Matthew Vaughn's direct quotes about "X-Men: First Class" & it's story:

"Imagine a cross between James Bond & Twilight."

"It’s got a lot of teenage angst. The Twilight girls will like it."

"For me, Magneto is the good guy in the film, but he’s a sort of a good bad guy. He literally kicks off the movie, and Xavier goes along on the ride trying to figure out what the hell is going on, and trying to persuade Erik that you don’t have to kill everyone."

Did you have any concerns about how, no matter what you do, you may anger some of the die-hard fans?

"Yeah, but I could tell those fans that they’re wrong. One thing about the X-Men world is that, if you know your X-Men universe, every writer reinvented the storyline. I did my research, and none of the histories of the characters make any sense. Each writer just totally changed the history to make their plot work. So I can quite safely say that X-Men has a history of reinventing its history for the sake of the plot."

Is the movie related at all to the First Class comics?

"Not really. There are a lot of nods to the X-Men world and the X-Men movies, but it’s definitely its own beast."

12. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

13. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

...I'm out. *Throws hands up and walks away.*

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:

[​IMG]

15. One

One Well-Known Member

Did he really just say that?

*facepalm*

Marvel really needs to take the rights from Fox before they make more crappy marvel movies.

16. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Ugh, what a waste. The few positives I see so far are the costumes which look close to the originals, and I think the casting of Kevin Bacon as Shaw and Rose Byrne as Moira.

The negatives, wow, well for one, its not even the original X-Men. January Jones, while attractive and blonde, doesn't excactly scream temptress and manipulator, maye she can pull it off, idk, but she just doesn't pull off Emma Frost to me, and from that pic it looks like a Victoria Secret angel model photoshopped in, and the others, well, what a confusing mess it is already. And when a director explains a film as a cross between Twilight and, well anything, it's not a good sign.

17. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

[​IMG]

I agree with godzilla EPIC GIANT FAIL BIG TIME

18. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for all the info Rebelman.

And I don't care how crappy it seems I'm still gonna see it. :lol 

19. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

20. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:

[​IMG]