Where can i get Tfs in New York?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by smangerbot, Dec 14, 2006.

1. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i'm gonna be swinging by the large fruit 19th-21st, so time is short. wheres the best place to get me some toys?

my girlfriend says she will take me to "fao schwarz" which is suposesed to be a big store... anyone know if they stock TFs?

2. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
  3. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

I was just going to suggest Image Anime.

They're one of the best import toy shops I've ever been to. I go in there all the time. The guys that work there are incredibly friendly, especially Adam. If you're a regular customer, they'll even get your back every now and then. I have them to thank for my Reissue soundblaster.

I was at Cybercon 05, and I was looking all over the dealer room for a reissue Soundblaster, which I had waited on only to have the price skyrocket. The guys at Image Anime were there, and we were chatting every once in a while. Anyway, long story short, after the Peter Cullen panel the boss man at Image Anime was talking to me, and he offered to sell me a Soundblaster that they were going to e-bay for the normal price. I was floored. I was always a loyal customer, but after that I was EXTRA Loyal.

So yeah, a long rant for a good recomendation. They're good people.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Times Square is home to the biggest TRU, I think

5. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

FAO Schwartz is a fun trip, because its a turist attraction. But its really no different than a Toys R Us. Well, except for the fact that everything in there is incredibly overpriced. More so than any KayBee. Like, 15 dollars for Star Wars figures, 10 to 20 dollar mark ups on Video Games, etc...

Chinatown is a good trip. But the Elizabeth mall (Elizabeth and Broadway) is a great place for import toys, and there are some smaller shops in the area.

Toys R Us times square is a fun trip, and they can often have better stock than some of the local shops.

Midtown Comics very rarely has transformers, but they do carry the comics, statues, and some generally great stuff. They're on 40th street in Midtown. Between 6th and 5th avenue, if I'm not mistaken....

Those are the places I usually hit up. I remember a couple of shops in the village, but that's not my scene. Anyway, the whole city is just an awesome place, especially around this time of year. I hope you have fun.

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dont forget to hit marvel's office!

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Excelsior!

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they should have stan lee rubber mask for haloween by now actually. that guys awesome.

9. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    FAO doesn't often carry any TF's. I was just there a week ago. TRU on times sq has a lot of classics and later cybertron. Also some Titaniums. Image Anime for import toys as well as a lot of chinatown malls. KBtoys in the manhatten mall may have some in stock but could be out of stock. Midtown comics is very cool for comics, as is the other comic shop near 44th and 5th ave.

uhm... Toy Tokio... I dunno the address also for import stuff.

iDD

10. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

Toy Tokyo is in the village. Its right above a vintage toy shop called Love Saves The Day. I think its on 2nd Avenue, between St. Marks and 7th Street... I mean, I'm PRETTY POSITIVE.

They're a neat shop, but they're insanely overpriced at times. They do carry a lot of stuff that the other import shops wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Mostly non TF stuff, though. Their TF selection is pretty wide, but nothing you can't find anyplace else. I mean, they might have some harder to find stuff, just nothing unique.

11. smangerbot

im really just looking for classics, thanks for the info guys!

12. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    TRU and Image Anime are my fav places in the city! Have fun :)  Especially this time of year you might want to head over to Rockefeller Center just to see the big tree.

Oh oh and for TF comics there is a comic place in Times Squares but it's above another store so you have to look up to find it.

13. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

They are really small, and expensive but worth checking out if you have the time.

Also, there are a couple of stores near the NYU campus that have a lot of vintage stuff. I forget where they are and what they are called. In fact, if you find out can you post the names?

14. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you're just looking for classics you're probably better off sticking to the major chains. I think there's a K-mart somewhere (sort of near Penn Station I think it was) that had some main line stuff.

15. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    There's some places in chinatown in the underground malls. But everything there is $10-30 overpriced. I normally just go and look to see what's out.

16. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

FAO Schwartz still exists?!?! I seriously thought those overpriced idiots had failed long ago....oh, well, they don't get my business, so there's always hope, I guess.

17. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm going down to New York on christmas day. I'm staying there for a few days.

18. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I would stay far away from FAO Schwartz. Everything is super overpriced. It's more of an out-towner thing or yippies to get a thrill from buying from a well-known store. Though it's funny to work thru if you never been there. Stick with the Asian toy stores, they're your best bet for imports. If you happen to go to Queens, there's one or two stores in Flushing Queens too. Just walk around.

19. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Great more !@#$ing tourists. Just kidding, Times Square TRU is always a great place to visit if you don't mind the crowding.

20. smangerbot

cool. i went to a tru here in washington, they'd sold out of most tf's except the prime megs 2 pack.