What started your collecting passion?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Envy52295, Aug 1, 2012.

1. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

I have been collecting since i was a wee lad. They were my favorite toys as a child and i actively collected till i was in highschool through RID stopped for AEC and started again with the movie line.

2. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Cassette-Man with Jaguar,
    Marvel Comics,
    Alternators.

3. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

i started becuse of energon sort of but realy started when i got cybertron hotshot and um whats her face combo pack then moive jazz got me to start collecting moive figs also when i found out older ones can be worth a good deal of cash :p  :lol 

4. Broken Forge

Broken Forge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I grew up with G2 and Beast Wars, and I had a good amount of figures. With RiD, I again had a few of the figures from the show.

I didn't really start "collecting" until I happened to grab a Classics voyager Optimus...

5. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

For Transformers? I got the reboot back in 01 or 02 with a cheap reissue G1 StarScream. RID came out right around that time and I've been rehooked eversince. Also a Prime that could unite with Ultra Magnus. SOLD

6. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

I've been a fan all my life but I officially started collecting due to the hype during rotf.

7. MaximusCubed

MaximusCubed Abnormal Survivor

MP Grimlock. From there, it was trying to figure out which figures would go well with him.

8. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I forgot to add to mine, but the character that I liked the most out of the line that got me back in was RATTRAP and second is Rhinox those two were just straight boss..

9. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Even though I watched the G1 cartoon, I never bought any toy during its run.

After seeing TFTM (2007), which I enjoyed a lot, I still did not get any of the toys, altough I got some for my nephew.

Then, after seeing ROTF (2009), after getting my nephew some more toys from the franchise, I decided to get one for myself, an ROTF Legends Bumblebee, loved it and decided to get more, Legends/EZ and some Deluxes, so that's how it all started. :) 

10. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

The $500 Liquidation of my Jurassic Park collection which gave me money to spend on
    Masterpiece Optimus Prime and Beast Wars inferno among other figures.

Actually, ya know, I've never known a time when I DIDN'T have Transformer figures, so I'm gonna have to go with when I received my FIRST Transformer (My original Beast Wars Inferno) for my Sixth Birthday on May 21 1997

Though my current collection was Pretty much started with the RTS Wreck-Gar that currently stands behind DOTM Sideswipe. I purchased that guy back in '09 When I first Started working at Kroger and I saw him on the shelf in our Cereal Aisle and I just had to have him (I passed up RTS Bumblebee for him)

11. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just dripped into it during RID and the Unicron Triolgy.

12. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As a kid in the 80s g1 was the culprit. Growing into a teenager girls and partying became 1st priority. Then it was when i caught wind of the 07 movie it was all rekindled. Once me and my wife saw the movie i had to have them all. I havent looked back since!