The Perfect Transformers Toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exclusacon, Aug 20, 2011.

1. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im having a hard time picking from MP Grimlock and Generations Warpath. Grimlock has the perfect look great transformation, and Warpath has no kibble and at the price to me that is perfect for that price point.

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    IMO my fav the robotmasters beast convoy/ optimus primal. It just amazing and is in scale.

3. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    ROTF Supreme Devastator, Supreme Cheetor and Armada Hotshot.

:trollface:

J/K

I would say Armada Unicron, he's just so fun to play with.
    Also, Buster Optimus is perfect when it comes to Movie Prime.
    Also Leader Starscream and Cybertron Primus.

4. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    henkei prime with fansproject G3 trailer and full reprolabels set.... doesnt get any better than that.

5. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

I think that MP Optimus, Grimlock, and Rodimus are perfect. Also Rts Jazz, G1 Soundwave, animated voyager Optimus, animated leader Megatron, Henkei Hound, G1 Megatron (alt mode), G1 Optimus, Alternators RX8 mold, MP Megatron, MP seekers, and the classics seekers are all amazing figures. To me.

Ahhh ya know what, I love 'em all!!

6. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Perfect existing toy: HftD Leader Starscream.

Perfect hypothetical toy: the above figure with more detailed paint apps, more voice clips (all done by Charlie Adler), fully articulated fingers, jet thrusters for robot mode, a more accurate missile launcher, and the buzzsaw.

7. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time thinking of my ideal Transformer toy. On the one hand, I'm tempted to say something like MP Optimus Prime or something ridiculously detailed or complex to transform. On the other hand, toys often have this elusive "fun" quality that I can't pin down. It's not necessarily tied to complexity, detail, articulation, or price or even character. With regards to the most fun Transformer toy, I'd have to say something like Powermaster Optimus Prime with Apex Armor, Classics Optimus Prime, or RiD Scourge. I probably spent more time with those figures than entire toylines combined.

8. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Animated Deluxe Optimus Prime. I can't find a single flaw in him. He's glorious.

9. rustyshark

rustyshark G1 FTW

I really enjoy g1 omega supreme. For me he is an amazingly fun toy

10. Sideswipedx31

Sideswipedx31 Elite Guard Team Command

This thread is lengthening my want list.

11. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

I agree with Ribie!

Animated Prowl is the perfect KIND of Transformer...

Articulated and low kibble bot mode.

Tastefull paint apps and deco. Metallic paint and chrome would be the best, though...

Accurate alt mode. With a few fun features.

Fun and challenging to convert.

12. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I wish, oh how I wish I could agree. It's such a shame the plastic on that figure is so soft, mine's a floppy mess. I've tried tightening him, but it just never seems to work as well as it should.

"Mr. Fanwank." I like that nickname. I actually really like it a lot.

13. Sideswipedx31

Sideswipedx31 Elite Guard Team Command

As for a favorite toy, it's either Classics Jetfire, DOTM Sideswipe*WITH SOME PAINT*, ROTF Sideswipe, Generations Blurr, or Classics Optimus. The sideswipes are super awesome, can't really find any flaws - Jetfire is flawless save for a tiny lack of articulation, Generations Blurr is literally perfect(If you get one with good paint) and Classics Prime is just such a good representation of the classic character.

14. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    The perfect figure in my collection right now I think would have to go to MP Grimlock...He's got a decent transformation, and he is a flawless representation of his G1 self...theoretically, I would love to have a perfect MP G1 Jetfire...There's soooo many good figures out there tho...TM Tarantulas, MP Prime, the classics Seekers, G1 Soundwave...and the list goes on...

15. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Classics Prime is probably my favorite also, tied closely with the updated Seaspray figure. He was always one of my favorites, and I really dig both of his modes.

16. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    My criteria for a 'perfect' transformer:
    -good head sculpt w/ good articulation (up, down, side-to-side)
    -clean robot and alternate modes...this means they fit together without gaps and without significant kibble (ideally, no kibble)
    -no limited articulation (ie, no 'bicep curl arms' or limited wrists like HFTD Starscream or Cyb Scourge)
    - intuitive transformation (this can be complicated, but there is no better way to say it than it flows...things lock in place)
    - strikingly different robot and alternate modes...I want to say "how in the world does it go from that to THAT!"
    - Have a sense of personality. If it does all of the above and is just static, then I feel a bit cheated.

I don't know that any figures really do all of these to 'perfection', but some examples of figures that do most of this well and what I'd consider 'quintessential' transformers given their size/budget would be: Animated Prowl, TFTM Ratchet, Cybertron Armorhide, MP Grimlock, Universe Inferno

17. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    whaaat? no one has meantioned Sky Lynx? how could we have forgotten quite possibly the most superbly built trasformer ever to come into exsistance. i dare even say that Sky Lynx may just be the zennith of modern day toy creation. i guess inferior lifeforms such as you humans could never quite possibly fathom Sky Lynx state of the art and impossible to surpass design. so this 1 time, I Sky Lynx, shall forgive your ignorance.

haha but all kidding aside, becuase you know sky lynx would say that, Classics Prime is prolly very near perfect. sure his hands are fixed but for a gun sligner it has yet to be an issue. his head is one of the best Prime heads ive seen in a long time. he is only rivaled by 1 and that is terradive. terradive is second becuase of his hands, and the slight difficulty getting his nose cone to transform.

18. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

Optimal Optimus

19. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    For me it's Masterpiece Movie Starscream. Now that he has the FWI-1 boosters/buzzsaw add-on kit, I've started to add some of my own paint to him and he looks bloody fantastic and very movie accurate! Transformation engineering, the mold, the heft, the fact he's my favorite character since G1, and his kickass alt mode (love the F-22 Raptor) all just do it for me.

20. Slip►Stream

Slip►Stream Seeker Clone

News Credits:
    My hypothetical perfect toy would be an updated classics style Supreme class Trypticon.