The Inevitable Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaVPrime, May 27, 2007.

1. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well Im super glad to see that Hugo Weaving is going to voice megs. Which has left me a hello tear on when we get to hear his voice. It could be so sinister!!

It makes me happy to know they have good intensions on the voicing for the TF's. Also megs is HUGE!!! I mean how is optimus going to fight him??? Jazz was the size of megs hand...and the pontiac solstice is what?? Not to small compared to the PeterBuilt. So maybe it is one of those montages, you know, like david vs. goliath...only instead of a slingshot, their using UW (Un-Identified weaponery)

So Im hoping to not see prime flying all over the place like some sort of rag doll, and instead doing karatie and all...prime would look stupid doing any sort of martial arts. :lol 

Anyways yea megatron seems to be very demonic looking, that recent teaser poster got me all freacked out, megs looked like he was ready to eat a baby :lol 

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Jazz is the smallest Autobot...the Solstice is TINY. Optimus is smaller than megatron, but not as small as Jazz is.

3. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

I believe Bay said Prime is 28 feet tall and Megs 36 feet. Other sources have put Prime at 32 feet, but when you compare Prime in truck mode to starscream in alt mode in the group pic, and note that SS is given 33 feet tall in bot mode, even considering his width to reduce his height, 28 seems more realistic.

Of course, the way these movie bots seem to make good use of the available space in the alt modes, I wouldn't be too suprised if Prime was 32 feet tall.

4. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

my English teacher (big fan of tfs) and i were disscusing about the robots fighting style, there was a part in the trailer (when blackout spins his rotor weapon) in which you briefly see mgatron punching prime, my teacher is also ver good at martial arts (aikido, hapkido,boxing,ninjutsu,sparring, i swear that's what he does)
    and notice the following:
    "Prime seams to rely a lot more on his arms and long legs (kickboxing) and seems to put his weight on the punches.
    megatron consist only on weight, it's like when he punches or kicks, he spins over his own centre, gaining momemtum, thus, throwing a massive blow."

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Thats some really interesting info man...I wouldn't be surprised if the animators looked heavily into fighting styles.

6. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope to god that they don't start doing karate! A punch or a kick is fine, but martial arts?

7. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

i bet they studied speedskaters for bonecrusher's little freeway tirade.
    badass stuff there.

8. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Metallikato ftw! :dunce 

9. MADAM_MEG

MADAM_MEG Well-Known Member

But when I seen the clip that someone posted in the other forum, it seem that the size of tall beteween Megs and Prime when they get fighting is not much
    different since it is just 8 inch tall differ. But I think Jazz is not for fighting with Megs indeed since he is so tiny when compare to megs.

10. Prowl S

Prowl S Marine Poolee

All fights are probably going to be a combination of speed boxing and UFC style wrestling.

11. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Prime did pull that little ready pose in the trailer as he closes up his face mask...

12. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    no you are all wrong, the fighing style will actually be like the g1 cartoon... ie. throw one punch then spend about 5 minutes weakly strangling each other whilist trading insults

13. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Heh

I hope Prime channels some Chuck Norris.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Megatron is the perfect villan, evil, sinister, scary, he looks like he's fought a hundred wars! Personally, I think Megs is just going complete bully style fighting. He'd just use is massive arms and legs like clubs, and thrash the Autobots!

Man I can wait for Leader Prime and Megs to get here!

15. MADAM_MEG

Yeah.. that what he should be .:ev: 

But I hear that he supposed to be died in the 1st film:cry  Oh! Noooooooo...
    Starscream will take over him.... :redface2:  Starscream you must die :throw 

Wonder who is the filmmaker want to put as the actual decepticon leader if they just give megs a short time battle after he frozen (for long time) and made he got killed by the human kid then Starscrem just jump to takeover him. :peoples: 

16. Autobot_X

Autobot_X Well-Known Member

^ Couple spoilers in there, probably shoulda marked them. ^

17. MADAM_MEG

S U P E R S P O I L E R S I N D E E D !!!:ev: 

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Dude, you have to hide your spoilers, It's not fair to people who haven't read the script! It's not funny, it's rude.

19. MADAM_MEG

Nahhhhhh..... As I found it in the other forum that are talking about and even provide the link so it is not the secret anymore and in fact it supposed to be like that in film. I don't think the one who begin to provide the link of script is also rude! NO SIR!!!!

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

No it is kinda rude. Spoiling a movie for everyone else who hasn't read the script. The magic word is 'spoiling'. As in now the movie has been spoiled. I already hate the character designs and now if you're right about how it ends, I don't really see the point in watching it now.