TF5 Last Knight Leader Class Bumblebee and Optimus revealed?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Deductor

Deductor Banned

is Masterpiece Movie Series Bumblebee MPM-3. Turns out that Bee was Masterpiece size after all. Check the official descriptions and high res images after the break.

So when it states MP size, which is quite vague apparently, is it referred to previous MPM? Just curious.

2. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh,maybe they mean mp autobot car size?

3. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good job, you really told me.

And no it wasn't my intention.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I don't think you have to worry for a while beacuse (again) they're releaseing the Leader mold in the "The Best" line so I don't think they'll go straight for a new mold of Optimus that quick.
    Not perfect. He's damn good and I personally feel it's an MP quality mold especially for it's time but the electronics were still a constrain and there's little things like five way split wheels (that are thinner), more accurate shoulder pads, and maybe a smaller back that could be improved. Hasui and Yuki did say that Kunihiro was already struggling in keeping screen accuracy for both Jetfire and Optimus due to those electronics and upon learning they had to combine he nearly fainted (even though really he could've made his life easier by making Jetfire partsform for combination as he did on screen.)

5. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I recall ILM stating that all transformations were different from each other in the first movie.

6. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. With all the nitpicking we do I thought we'd be able to deferential between the MP and the Leader. At least that's what I thought.

7. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I don't believe that. ROTF Optimus was mostly perfect and the prototype even featured collapsible tires and poseable fingers (i may be misremembering the latter). Without the electronics he would have a slimmer profile. Buster Optimus even brought in the gas tanks turning into his cannon. The new Bumbleebee and the fact that characters could be made into screen accurate deluxes shows that the characters aren't too hard to be made into toys, the engineers just need less restrictions.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From Seibertron:

1484070563-movie-masterpiece-mpm-3-bumblebee-01.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Completely new mold.

Also, I love how the rear section of the car folds up so compactly on the MPM. Yeah, I've been staring at Bee's legs way too much.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  9. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    You're right about the fingers. The picture at the back of ROTF Prime's box even showed the toy with the prototype hands.

[​IMG]

Masterpiece Bee probably has the best head-to-body proportions out of all the large scale Bee toys. The heels seems to be the longest out of 'em all, though.

• Like Like x 3
  10. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in... I never thought I'd want any more movie-based figures. I liked the designs in the first film, but really dislike how they have got less and less recognisable as Transformers with each film (and am not a huge fan of the films, sorry!). That Bumblebee looks great, though.

There are a couple of things a little off, which have already been pointed out. It would be better if the lower, rear-window wings could rotate, as they are the wrong way around. And I wish those yellow thigh panels could fold down rather than sticking off to the side - only HA Bumblebee has got that right so far. (Also, shouldn't he have two stabilisers at the back of the foot rather than just one?) It would be *nice* if the roof could be compacted down more, but I guess there are limitations in what they can do there. Those are all minor nitpicks, though - he looks fantastic.

I'm very pleased to see the battle mask and arm cannon included. (I assume you'll have to remove the hand and swap in the cannon?)

Let the preorders commence!

(I would *love* to see a version using the old, beat-up Camaro, though. That was my favourite version of Bumblebee in the films.)

As for an MP movie Optimus, surely all Takara has to do is copy the KO AOE Evasion Mode Optimus Prime? I don't generally buy KOs, but that thing is amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To anyone still not convinced about this being a new mold or still wondering about the size: you can somewhat compare the size with the Leader Optimus they also revealed using the same display stand. This Bumblebee will be MP-28 sized at max (but I'm betting on something smaller like a regular carbot).

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know the backroom dealings that go on to get this stuff made. Publicity and likeness rights can be fickle things, and often comes down to whatever the higher up feels like at any given moment. Maybe somebody at TakaraTomy screwed up. Maybe somebody at GM screwed up (like maybe TT asked for a reference kit, and the GM guy gave them the specs of the consumer model, rather than the concept). Maybe it was an intentional decision, based on the whims of whatever accountant or lawyer was in charge at that moment. We'll probably never know for certain.

13. nathan_s82

nathan_s82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For 80 bucks, I'm in for MPM-3, now if I could just find MPM-1 Starscream for a decent price. I hope we actually see MPM-4 as Megatron. The Hasbro APS-01U is the closest to a Masterpiece and has pretty much ever weapon/accessory that you need or you can get the blinged out Buster Optimus Prime as well.

14. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah and the collapsible rear tyres and transformable thigh box thing (although it isn't actually transformed among the numerous other expected mistransformations on that box pic!).

Would be nice to see a figure with all those features back, maybe some of the Jetwing/Striker aesthetic tweaks (abs, no blades, etc) and no electronics allowing a retooled better folding backpack.

This bee looks amazing and I might cave and get him for my small-but-sweet movie collection consisting only of Buster Prime, APS Brawl and custom painted Leader Starscream and Leader Ironhide.

15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If we were to get a Masterpiece version of Movie Prime, I'd like to see him have longer legs. That's my biggest point of contention with the RotF Leader and its derivatives, is that his legs look stumpy compared to the CG model. Beyond that, cleaning up the arm kibble would be nice. And give him a swappable faceplate in the vein of AoE Armored Knight Optimus.

16. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

So is BB HA size or what?

17. Kurome

Kurome Well-Known Member

bee looks real cool, if dino/mirage is also down in the pipeline I may have to get them

18. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As much as I was ecstatic when I first saw this, unfortunately a number of aspects of MPM Bumblebee have put me off.

For starters, it's ridiculous that they've decided to make a figure (maybe a series?) at a different scale to what's already out there, seeing as how there are already great movie figures out there in fairly consistent scale. It's understandable when it's G1 or BW Masterpieces, since they're so radically different from the original toylines, but there's little chance of me spending more on a whole new scale when the existing one already has so many fantastic figures.

The other problem of the new scale is its limited range. Looking at any movie scale chart, Bumblebee is pretty small compared to any of the major Decepticons, which would mean that their Masterpiece toys would have to be enormous (unfeasibly so) to be in scale with this new figure. I'd rather bigger versions of Blackout, Bonecrusher etc. than smaller ones, but they've already jeopardised the line by recreating such a comparatively small character at such a large size.

And a minor note... the Camaro mode is unfortunately based upon the consumer model, rather than the 2008 concept actually seen in the film - you can tell by the more muscular body, the deeper set fog lights, and the thicker lower grille.

19. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    If anyone wants a really nice film version of prime, the Weijang version of Evasion Prime is a great "Masterpiece" style choice:

-
    [​IMG]

Heck, they even have an absolutely GORGEOUS Nemesis Prime version:

- [​IMG]

Both of these retail for under 100 dollars each, have extra parts and more refined features than the original. For me, it's the best Bayverse Optimus figure out there except for Buster Prime (which I never got).

• Like Like x 2
  20. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:

to be honest i'd like to see the 07 Barricade first