So, the almighty Soundwave get's owned....

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by longhaulsub, May 8, 2012.

1. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    nehh, just got distracted by a crack in his visor :3 soundwave let himself get knocked off a clip

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So people complain when they make Airachnid god-mode and also complain when they make Soundwave NOT god-mode?

Jesus this fandom is so full of crap I can't get out of bed without tripping on shit.

3. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

So he does nothing but buttspank Airachnid and teleport Arcee and he's hailed as God. He gets burple nurpled by a Dark Energon powered ship and we start getting doubts. Then it turns out the Con with arms as thin as paper is actually roughly Wheeljack leveled in fighting skill and now he's not awesome? It's not okay for him to be... believable?

Ok.

4. soundwave142

News Credits:
    ikr lol

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just about every first character's first outing is overpowered to elevate their coolness. Still, I think several elevated Soundwave too high/downplayed Wheeljack's abilities a little too much.

6. soundwave142

News Credits:
    Wheeljack was pretty much screwed until he cracked soundwave's visor and wheeljack isn't some nanny. He fought dreadwing who almost killed optimus i'd say wheeljack is like a lil above arcee level :3

7. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    He is above Arcee's level if he fought Dreadwing. Soundwave never got owned just a head butt and a knee to the chest thats all. IF you watched he was gonna kill Wheeljack but at the last second noticed something was wrong with laserbeak.

He was blocking most of his attacks and was swinging Wheeljack around like a rag doll most of the time. Id say Wheelhack got his ass handed to him not Soudnwave.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

That's not how I saw that fight. Optimus wasn't trying to destroy Dreadwing, though I do think Dreadwing was trying to destroy Optimus--Optimus is courting Dreaddwing, so why would he try to kill him? Besides, you know Optimus isn't going to die.

EDIT:

Yep, he blocked Wheeljack's headbutt with his face.

9. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    I said most of his attacks not all. Wheeljack only landed 2. A Head butt and a knee.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He turned Soundwave's drill attack onto himself, I'd count that too, as well as the close shave.

I didn't count the blows, but weren't they about the same? In any case, they both left their marks.

11. soundwave142

News Credits:
    well to think about it wheeljack had two swords that were inaffective against soundwave. Wheeljack pushed the tendril into the other and while soundwave was stunned head budded him them while soundwave gained footing wheeljack shot him several time than kicked him off the cliff. That's quick wrecker thinking. but soundwave seems to don't give really any f*cks gets kicked off cliff and just stuns wheeljack and is about to kill him. I think soundwave anticipate certain moves and I guess getting headbutted to the visor isn't the usual attack lol

12. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I say it was even they both had chances for the final blow and failed.

13. crazyjeffy

crazyjeffy Hammertastic

As much as I like Soundwave, I believe Wheeljack had the upper hand here. Sure, Wave was dodging him, but Jackie soon got the better of him and sliced his "face". But then Wave turned the table when he tentacled him, but then Jackie smashed in his visor and we all know what happened then. I think the only reason Wave got out of there alive was because of the superweapon.

I'd like to see some Wave though. If he ever talks in his g1 voice I think my brain will explode.

14. LordScreamer

LordScreamer Well-Known Member

See this post everyone? It says everything.

15. soundwave142

News Credits:
    that slash was more like a graze and soundwave dodged that. wheeljack didn't get the upperhand until he cracked the visor

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm 100% ok with Wheeljack (Mr. Hardcore Sword Guy) being able to prevail in a melee duel against Soundwave at close range when SW doesn't have Laserbeak. I mean, I didn't ever think that SW was just an instant win button, cause otherwise why is there a show? And what's the point of Wheeljack if he's not even good at sword-fighting a guy who doesn't have any swords?

He's powerful and dangerous and weird, and this episode didn't change any of that.

If anything I'm more annoyed by his seeming inability to detect Ratchet (wouldn't Laserbeak just tell him about Ratchet?) and his disinterest in taking five seconds to do a little more damage to the Jackhammer, which is an incredibly powerful Autobot asset. I realize that they are going for a whole "Borg" thing with Soundwave, i.e. "I'm so badass I don't even care about anything." However, just as with the Borg, at a certain point you're just being an idiot.

17. Resolution

Resolution Well-Known Member

I agree. Also, it would have only taken one twitch of the finger to shoot Wheeljack and then go find Laserbeak.

Ratchet made so much noise while hiding, Soundwave should have heard him. He was worse than Bulkhead being "stealthy."

18. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Ratchet said before Laserbeak´ senses were desactivated. He didn´t know what shit was happening around.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Maybe I'm just crazy but I thought the Soundwave and Wheeljack fight was pretty close.

Wheeljack is a surviving member of the Wreckers and if the Wreckers in Transformers Prime are like in some other continuities then being a surviving Wrecker means you are no push over. Not exactly a wimp factor on Soundwave either because at the end of the fight who was left standing? Even a bit evil to know that hurting Wheeljack's pride was worth more than extinguishing his spark, instead of glorious death in battle Wheeljack has to live with getting his metal butt kicked.

I think the fight was a lot more fun than the fights we have had where either to the Autobots or Decepticons too easily defeated the other side.

20. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's tough but not invincible, but SW finds that weak spot in almost everyone.

So in a way that's how he fights, he's not all brawn its a combination of brain and brawn.