Shockwave.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vatarian, Dec 20, 2011.

1. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

I know I'm probably going to get flack for posting this, but i have to ask: is Shockwave really dead? Yes, I know Optimus ripped out his eye, but since when is that fatal? I wouldn't be surprised if he had simply crawled off when Optimus forgot about finishing him, and moved on to Sentinel. Both Autobots and Decepticons have shown surprising resiliance. Take Brawl in the first movie; he went down once, and popped right back up ten minutes later. Also, QueJack keeps moving and talking EVEN AFTER THE DECEPTICONS PUT A BULLET THROUGH HIS CHEST! What I'm trying to say is, unlike the other various bots and cons that dies, Shockwave doesn't have a definetive fatality. Thoughts? Questions?

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Oh, nooo Shockwave is still running around. No eye or stoumach. Of course he's dead. You can tell by him not moving after Optimus approaches the building.

Sheesh, all the movie forum is "Ironhide revival idea" and "Is (insert name here) dead?".

3. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    No, I agree with you, there could be room set up for his return. The idea that it would take a lot more to kill him isn't such a radical idea. We see his body being moved aside by Optimus before his battle with Sentinel, but we haven't seen any final assurance he is dead. Also, his body is a good distance away from the battle by the end. Who's to say he couldn't have crawled away?

However, getting part of your torso blown to pieces and having your throat and eye ripped out is some pretty heavy stuff to endure. But hey, it's ambiguous unless you consider how easily other Decepticons get killed. I root for "still alive" because I still think he's a high ranking Decepticon for a reason.

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Sorry to burst your bubble man but Shockwave's been mauled so much by Optimus and nest so badly it's not even funny.

That screams "not coming back" if anything.

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    You're right. For a Transformer, ripping out an eye wouldn't prove to be fatal. But spending five minutes taking fire from all sides from both human and Autobots, then having a hole the size of a VW bug punched through your chest and then having your eye ripped out? Probably fatal. ;)  He has about a definitive fatality as any other dead character.

6. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    He's dead Jim... And my god was it horrific. Poor Shocks...

7. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime gave Shockwave the "Wolverine" treatment by Piercing his torso with his fist.

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Well Optimus said you die!, so i can assume Optimus did killed shockwave

9. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

I dont get the whole punched his stomach off thing.
    All i saw was his side was punched off and his eye was pulled out.
    I mean, if Long Haul can be decapitated and still survive, then who knows.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Since it was through his throat.

11. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Pretty sure he's dead...
    [​IMG]

12. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

This.
    Optimus didn't just rip out his eye, he ripped it out through his throat. Which means he stuck his hand into Shockwave's neck, into his head and then ripped it out from the inside. So in other words, he violated the inside of Shockwave's head with his hand. And along with that, Shockwave still had that massive hole in his side.

Whilst he definitely isn't as dead as Starscream, Megatron and Soundwave, he's still a lot more dead than Blackout, Brawl and Rampage.

13. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Since any TF could concievably be repaired if their head is more or less intact with an Allspark shard or the Matrix then yes, it is indeed possible Shockwave could be repaired. He probably won't, because he was just a minor villain. But he could.

So could Sentinel, since he only had about a quarter of his face blown off, which Megatron wound up living through.

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    When Optimus Prime says "You DIE," you're dead. Even without the murder-rage attack.

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Nope, not even close. Frenzy could, but Frenzy is designed to live as a head. Nobody else. Tfs are not Lego, they are mechanical beings. They may look like our robots and have higher endurance and are capable of surviving more severe damage, they are very far from invincible and bad enough damage to their bodies can be irreversably fatal.

Even by your own rules this doesn't add up, since his head was severely damaged when his massive eye was dragged through it.

No. He did not have "a quater of his face blown off" he was shot through the brain.

16. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

He is dead but I think if they wanted to, they could have him survive. He may not have shown it in the film but he was meant to still be logical. They could have it that realizing he had suffered too much damage, he pretends to be dead so NEST doesn't kill him.

It would be awesome to see him as the main villain of TF4. He could lead a few Decepticons that didn't go through the Space Bridge. Some really big and tough ones. Unfortunately, that is highly unlikely. It will just be either Megatron 3.0 or Galvatron, leading an army of easily defeated generics.

17. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    How do you "pretend" to be ripped apart and beaten into mush?

He's the best actor in the movies then.

18. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    What's not to get? "...punched his stomach off..." is essentially the same thing as "...his side was punched off...". Optimus' fist freakin' ruptures Shockwave's torso-area.

19. soundwaverulls

He probably is dead but he could still be alive. His hand didn't go in too far. Shockwaves Processor should still be intact and so is most of his head. If his spark is in the center of his chest and not the side, it should still be online.

20. soundwaverulls

If you read the post I just posted above this one, I point out that his Spark and Processor should still online. I'm say that if they wanted to have him alive ,they could make it that after he got the crap beaten out of him, he was too damaged to fight on so pretended he was dead.