Season 3 Storyarch

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Torque, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    what do you think it'll be?

Season 1
    Autobot Agenda-fight on Earth, protect the Allspark, stop Megatron from coming back
    Decepticon Agenda-aquire the Allspark, resurrect Megatron, take over galaxy

Season 2
    Autobot Agenda-look for Allspark Fragments, defend Earth from whatever the Decepticons are doing
    Decepticon Agenda-Look for Allspark Fragments, Slag the Autobots, get to Cybertron through spacebridge technology

Season 3
    Autobot Agenda-fight Decepticons?
    Decepticon Agenda-find Megatron again? Continue to slag Autobots?

each Season seems to have an overall storyarch so far (rebuild Megatron, get off Earth) so what do you think it could be for Season 3?

2. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    The cons are going to go all out, so expect whoop ass

Im guessing the Autobots are out to stop them. Im expecting a few twists in this series though. Maybe if the story arch is big enough it will be spread over 2 seasons.

3. Traximus Prime

Traximus Prime Unexpected Matrix-Bearer

Well, based on the characters we know and are possibly going to appear in Season 3...

Autobot Agenda - Defeat the Decepticon Uprising and Infiltration
    * Rodimus Prime's Crew vs. Strika's Crew
    * Return of Blurr, Cliffjumper and Omega Supreme
    * Detailed look into Prowl's Cyber-Ninja Training with Dai Atlas as his possible mentor and friend
    * An Autobot Council with senators and other political figures like Alpha Trion
    * Discovery of Shockwave/Longarm Prime's duplicity and his attempt to save his sorry metal hide by pinning the blame on someone else
    * Introduction of the "Twins" Jetfire and Jetstorm, Autobot scientists Wheeljack and Perceptor

Decepticon Agenda - Attain final victory against the Autobot scum
    * Strika's Crew vs. Rodimus Prime's Crew
    * Megatron's return
    * Further glimpses into the Cybertronian Civil War from the perspective of the Decepticons
    * The return of Soundwave and introduction of Laserbeak

4. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

I think the whole "let's rebuild Megatron" angle has been beaten into the ground. Expect a whole new story.

5. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

Optimus Prime's crew will be arrested and brought back to cybertron by Military Police officer Warpath to stand trial facing charges placed by Longarm Prime in an attempt to discredit them so that their accusations against him are undermined. I believe said trial will carry over a few episodes and will via flashback deal with how Optimus Prime's crew are all malcontents(well thats the way Longarm Prime will paint them), this is how we will see exactly why Optimus and Prowl are part of a space bridge repair crew.

6. Sideways

Sideways Banned

sounds interesting!

7. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I believe Optimus Prime was put on the spacebridge repair crew because of what happened with Elita-1 and Sentinel Prime's story of what happened (which painted Optimus as a save-my-own-hide type of bot).

Bumblebee and Bulkhead we know were part of it because they flunked out of the Elite Guard training program.

It would be nice to see Prowl's backstory as to why.

From what I've gathered watching the series, I think Ratchet was on it because he "retired" ... didn't want to be part of the medical side of things after the Arcee incident.

8. Spoon

Spoon Banned

That's what I always thought, but then you get all these people making up all these other theories for why he was there...

9. Ravage1976

Its not that the events depicted in Along came a spider arent the reason its just that I believe the important part of that story as it concerns why Optimus is where he is was what occured when Sentinel and Optimus returned from that mission we saw what happened from Optimus Prime's perspective and what he did didnt really seem to warrant what happened it would be nice to see the 'official' retellig of those events.

10. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Like it, will be good to see animated Warpath !

11. Spoon

Spoon Banned

He got someone killed on an off-limits planet.
    I'm pretty sure they'd boot you for that.

12. Ravage1976

I dont recall that happening, I recall Elita and Sentinel exherting peer pressure to get Optimus to land on a off limits planet something he didnt want to do. I recall Optimus dragging a stasis locked Sentinel's but out of the fire and I remember him making the tough call of not putting himself and Sentinel at risk to go back and grab Elita an act that was from Optimus' assesment of the situation too much of a risk with too little chance of payoff.

So what I saying is that the way it was reported to Autobot command must have deviated from what actually happened. There have already been allusions to Sentinel selling Optimus down the river for his own benefit I would just like to see what the actual fallout from that mission was.

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    maybe the Autobot High Council is also a jury? Congress and the Supreme court rolled into one

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm betting on a sub-plot where Swindle becomes a drug-leader, which leads "Crack Patroller" Skram, to chase him in a fight to the finish!

15. Honey-Flash

Honey-Flash Yes, I'm a girl.

Really? I saw it as more of "Get revenge on the autobots that "killed" Megatron". "Resurrecting Megatron" was really more of Lugnut's goal.

EDIT: Sorry, I messed up the quote thing.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  16. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Sentinel was online, and pissed. Presumably, Optimus was honest about his actions, and Sentinel manipulated that to his advantage and Optimus' detriment.

I really think it's best left unsaid.

Story arc for S3?
    Starscream, fuelled by the Allspark, goes to Cybertron, conquers it, traps all the sparks, then floats around as a disembodied head until the Autobot team arrives, whereupon the 5-bot team proceeds to somehow disrupt his planet-wide domination and defeat his limitless legions of soldiers.

17. AlphaOmegaBlurr

AlphaOmegaBlurr Many paths to choose.

News Credits:
    Ehh, way too much like BM.

18. kenny86

kenny86 tapedeck

i guess it's was a joke.

and i'm not even english native speaking person...

19. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

story of 3 more dinobots [stego, brontosurus, allosurus] into

20. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I'm thinking the main idea of this season will be the ever growing war, and new resources, and 'tools'. Gestalt tech being a big factor maybe. Prowl's backstory I expect covered too. Other than that, not sure other than further diving into sari's potential and past. Probably even setting her up for her own spin off eventually, or maybe a move in the direction of human's trying to find ways to protect themselves from decepticons and not rely so heavily on autobots saving them.

Two more dinobots is a must too. (at least two to round out the G1 nods, but I would not be adverse to 3. =D )