Press A for GeArs of WAr 2 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Oct 24, 2008.

1. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I played some horde with DaggersRage last night. Holy shit I suck :lol 

"Dude I fell over."

"Dude I fell over again."

"Dude, I died."

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Pssssawww, whatever, I still say you did fine. Horde mode is apparntly as rough as a Chuck Norris round house kick, and our posistion we've been holding was pretty rough, it gave us room to maneuver but not much cover.

Thats one reason why I kept sticking to that torque bow was so we could kill them first before they started getting shots off. Alot of times I would use the torque bow on guys you've already did some damage to finish them off. Which that's one reason why I "appeared" to have more kills than you.

EDIT'ed: Oh yeah I also got play a bit of the campaign with Smasher. I was being totally over dramatic and silly.

3. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

I start hearing about it from the word "Go" and I can see what looks like my teammates being extremely uncoordinated (running into walls and such). Like I said, everything on my screen looks fine, and my bullets have no delay, while everyone else drops out like flies.

4. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    What difficultly were you guys playing on? It can be a pain on casual and it's pretty tough on normal.

5. DaggersRage

When I was doing campaign with Smasher that was on..... Hardcore I think.

With Horde on Twin Twist, we where doing normal.

6. McBradders

:lol 
    Holy shit, the bit with the bomb in co-op is fucking hilarious. Me and GoGoShark were screaming at eachother.
    "LEFT!"

"I'm going LEFT, shut up!"

"You're not, jebus go LEFT!"

" "YOU SHUT UP!"

:lol 

7. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    That part was a pain in the ass. We kept fucking up with the directions.

8. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Yeah, that was annoying as hell.

MP is (mostly) awesome, we had a party yesterday that just would not lose. Almost 5 hours straight of MP, and we only lost 2 games. And one 20 minute round of submission... that was just brutal. By the end of that, none of us ever wanted to play submission ever again.

9. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I feel left out, damn the woman demanding television time and me going to bed early in my old age. If you see me on (and I'm not watching a video, Netflix streaming FTW) send me an invite and I'll usually play. I'm generally on in the early afternoon through early evening though.

Screaming at each other in co-op is the best. One of my neighbors at our old apartment thought I beat the shit out of my wife for a few days straight when me and a friend played through Full Spectrum Warrior in co-op. The part Twin Twist referenced was great since me and my partner ended up walking in circles trying to get ourselves straight.

10. newguy

newguy i

resistance 2 FTW. is it just me or does the main dude in gears 2 look like the main dude from unreal turnimate 3 (awesome game)???

11. seven

The guy in UT3 does look like Marcus from Gears. They're both Epic games and share similar stylings to their armors. I fully believe he was designed to look very similar. UT3 was advertised from the makers of Gears of War, cross-branding/trickery.

I installed GoW2 to my HD. Didn't play it to see what it does but Mirror's Edge did load just a bit faster after installing it.

12. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I'm going to do this as well. I hope it reduces load times between menus because it's pretty annoying to chose a wrong mode and have to wait till the main menu is up again, then select the right mode and wait even longer. This is worse when your already waiting pretty damn long for a game in multiplayer.

13. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Ok, whats up with the Carmine family? And where did the locust chick go? At the end, was that a hint of a 3rd Gears? by the way, Ill be on all night on friday looking to play horde with anyone.

14. DaggersRage

Yeah, what is up with the Carmine family? They're so awsome!

From the collectables, I can guess that all 4 Carmine brothers are serving in the COG. One of the older brothers is apparntly been in the COG longer and Ben Carmine looks up to him.

15. McBradders

I loved Carmine one and two.

The joke is no longer funny :( 

16. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    His name is Clay Carmine and yea he's older and further up the COG ladder. Hopefully he'll be a complete badass and wont die in the first few hours of the next Gears.

17. McBradders

Who said the story was good in this game?

Yes, it has a story, but it's kinda... well, not very good.

18. seven

It took so long for Carmine to go I almost wasn't expecting it.

I never really thought the story was good, its servicable as a means to why I'm doing all this stuff. The crap with Dom seemed incredibly forced but I put the blame on the person playing with me since he was Dom.

Possible Spoiler - It almost seemed to me that the humans created the Locust.

19. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Seven: Agreed on that last part.

20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First, as far as the Carmine's, there are 4 brothers, and now two of them are dead. My guess is that they plan on the whole humans Vs locust story going on for 4 games, and each one has a Carmine. However, I'm guessing in the last one, they talk about a Carmine coming, everyone is like "oh crap, another Carmine.." and he shows up to save everything and is a total badass.

As far as the story goes- it's better and more clear then the first, but it isn't like a great story of our time or anything. It's great enough reason to go kill things and watch these 4 guys hijinks. I don't feel the part with Dom was forced- it's been building up since the first one, but I do feel it was out of place in an otherwise straight forward testostirone fest story.

Also- I am totally adddicted to horde mode and I hate Blood Mounts.