Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

The question however is: Will they consist of retools or new molds? Or a mix of both?
    Cuz' i can see Nexus Prime having a new Torso. With a combination of the "Main Gimmick" with well... Combining.
    Remember that Triple changing sneaked in Titans return? They could sneak in CW-Style combiner ports in "POT-P"

Also, i wanted to see that CW Dead-End mold Heavily retooled into Clocker. To be part of Nexus Prime of course.

2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Thirteen primes hardly make a toyline. I keep hoping for Pretenders and Beast combiners.

• Like Like x 1
  3. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    It will be a melting pot of gimmicks and unused characters .given how long tr has I'd be more interested in what's next for Titans.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Well, by doing the 13 and their "children" you can get a bit more mileage.

6 waves of 5 pricepoints. Drop 2 of the 13 into each wave and split the rest of the wave between their "factions"

Example: Micronus vs Onyx wave, minicons replacing the titanmaster pricepoint. And legends for Micronus (Micronus himself as a Legend) deluxes and Voyagers for Onyx. (Onyx himself as the Leader class for that wave)

5. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless they do a weird swerve and it's not anything to do with G1 gimmicks at all. It would have been nice to have a few pretenders in there though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Prime Wars could be an excuse for "All of the gimmicks at once". I do want the Primes though. Pretenders can wait, I want Transformers who transform

So I'm just calling it now

Micronus will be a Legend, Megatronus and Onyx will be Leaders, Nexus will be Combiner Wars and feature the last use of the helicopter mold

7. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well if is Minicons v Beastes, Femmbots v Trickers, Chosen Ones v Dark ones, Combiners v Multchangers, etc than that been cool.

8. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

Possibly a Rodimus Prime? That's all I'd want?

• Like Like x 1
  9. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I'd love for this to be something like Cybertron, with each figure of each Prime coming with a Matrix to unlock special features on the Transformers aligned to them (chosen ones for Prima, beasts for Onyx, Minicons for Micronus, combiners for Nexus Prime, triple-changers for Amalgamous, creative-types for Solus Prime, and... I dunno, drunks for Alchemist Prime, or whatever), or even just a melting pot of gimmicks with Combiners, Mini-Cons, Beastformers, etc. Whatever it is, it's sure to be interesting.

10. AlienRadio

AlienRadio Avatar of Entropy

I can easily see this becoming an opportunity to do a Grabbag of gimmicks. Given the hankering for beast figures, Dinobots, Monsters etc, I'd say Onyx prime could be an avenue for a few of those. Micromaster two packs at the titan master price point? more combiners as Box sets, , Abominus, Pirahnacon, especially if we see the kind of shared engineering and potential parts reuse we've seen in CW and TR,where a few different torso parts can make the difference between a combiner Limb or Deluxe Titanmaster. but I'm guessing we can write Pretenders off, as I'm not sure how you could tie the gimmick into the theme of power of the primes. Maybe more Titanmasters for charachters from a similar era, or implemented in things like RoadCeaser, We're getting carnivac supposedly in titans return (obv Wolfwire redeco), I imagine if we get Snarler or waverider or Bugly in PW part 3, they won't be as pretenders. Odds on Gunrunner and Roadgrabber anyone?

several of the TR Deluxes have small TM posts on them like Hardhead, what's to prevent that being carried through all subsequent lines even if the figure itself is not a Titanmaster? we've got more and more 5mm sockets(often well disguidsed, like scourge's thrusters on the side of his vehicle mode) , lets see every figure have 5MM posts (+ micromaster 2 packs AEC homages?), even if c clip accessories up the parts count where that could be better spent elsewhere lets have clip bars on everything and separate c clip accessory packs (remember GI Joe and He-Man Accessory packs?) the 3mm connector standard could be used by micromasters. If the figure has a base mode make sure it has ramp connectors. there's a possibility of a full ecosystem of gimmicks here.

11. GoldbugTM2

GoldbugTM2 Right Hand Of Primus

This occurred to me, BUT the 13 Primes could still be a big part. The key point is: how many Voyager/Leader figures have we seen per Prime Trilogy line? I should think the 13 Primes would be the Leader & Voyager figures, (as they should be.) Also bear in mind one of the Primes is a combiner, (which could be a titan class a la Devastator.)

Another novel thought is, what if circumstances of war cause the matrix to be handed about like a hot potato, leading to "Prime" versions of all our favourite Transformers characters? I personally would LOVE to see a Bumblebee Prime, (which we should have gotten from RiD 2015 by now imo.)

12. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smugbot

hopes for Nova Prime. Hasbro has a trend of observing TF community and 3rd parties when coming up with ideas, so fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    funny thought, what if Hasbro just leaked a potential name out, 2 years ahead of time, just to farm us for ideas?

• Like Like x 3
  14. XenoTK

XenoTK Reachout and Touch Face

I'm not saying they couldn't do him that way, but it makes more sense for all the ones that don't transform at all (Or transform into everything) to do the entire line-up as "Action Master" style characters made out out of interchangeable gimmick parts. Like they could incorporate their individual dynamics in the way their pieces are used so that Nexus Prime's pieces all have a "Robot Mode" or Solus can be separated into a bunch of tools

The difference between this idea and Combiner Wars is that there's no "minimum purchase" of a certain number of Deluxes and Voyagers to enjoy the gimmick because the body types of the Primes vary so much and you don't need to worry about size classes and price points. They could easily get away with having Micronus' components split between like two figures whereas someone complex like Onyx could be split across an entire wave

I don't know, seeing Powermasters and Targetmasters getting thrown into the same unified gimmick for Hasbro's Headmaster update series really doesn't inspire much confidence that they're going to be rushing to bring Combiners back so soon after CW... At least without working in whatever gimmick they're planning for it this time around

15. scrumblebee

scrumblebee decepticon airplane guy

Twitter:
    0h mY g0d

16. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Ok so you guys might think this is lame but I hope it's a line where each figure is a regular popular transformer like bumblebee, Starscream, etc but have a 3rd mode that is a robot mode of what they would look like as a prime-maybe activated by a matrix (think powermasters or cyber keys).

• Like Like x 2
  17. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

That actually sounds awesome, though for a select few characters IMO.

18. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    #1. Machinima, not Hasbro leaked this, I'd imagine relatively unintentionally.
    #2. We're only one year out ~ based on history, Wave 1 2018 should be hitting late Nov/Early December and should be the first wave of the new Generations line.
    #3. At only a year away, Hasbro probably has most of the line picked out and the first couple waves designed.

19. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I had an idea similar to this a recent while back. I called it "Chosen One Series" and it's "primed up" versions of the 86 movie cast as a sort of "what if". They'd follow similar design cues from Rodimus, being enhanced versions of their normal selves. One of my ideas included a Springer Prime, who tows a trailer in car mode, but combines with the trailer in helicopter mode becoming a troop transport

20. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Love it. Also would love to see a Prowl Prime.

• Like Like x 1