2D Artwork: Necromaster's Magnifcent Megathread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Necromaster, May 11, 2013.

1. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    Oh..mt mistake. He did say from your own continuity and that's how those characters operate in mine so my bad

2. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Yeah, Stone's right on the money.

3. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting bios Stone. I'll have to make some if I can today

4. Necromaster

News Credits:
    water is for wimps.png

• Like Like x 4
  5. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    Sick.

6. Devaron9

Devaron9 Token Falchion Wielding Welshy

Sic- dammit you stole my words.

7. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    The figure is pretty decent. The reboot story, not so much.

8. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nothing says "I'm awesome" like surfing on lava

9. Necromaster

News Credits:
    I will say this about the reboot: There were elements of it that I really liked and could have been great given the opportunity to expand. Of course, the key words are "could have".

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gerth

Gerth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sock.

11. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar Behind Blue Eyes

Tumblr:
    insert surfer lingo here

12. Necromaster

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

So back when we were attempting to write Dimension Wars 3... when we all had, you know, faith in the project and inspiration... the main villain was going to be Makuta. In a twist on the character I was going to write him as this spiteful force of nature, destroying entire worlds out of spite and viewing practically everything thrown at him as utterly beneath him. Unfortunately, with rewrite after rewrite after rewrite, I came to a realization: Writing a character like that is so boring. So instead I decided to take Makuta from G1, throw in some traits of Aku and give him different forms reflecting the different masks he wears (from left to right: Control, Shadow, Ultimate Power.) Let's go over them all, shall we?

Control: Now the fact that this is silver might be throwing some people off, but this comes from an ultimately unused concept for the online flash animations. I'll just say that the Mask of Control is gold when Makuta isn't wearing it, but when he is it turns to silver. The Mask of Control form is pretty diminutive-- only a bit taller than the average Turaga or Protector, really-- but what it lacks in size it more than makes up for in raw power. True to the name of the mask, Makuta can manipulate nonliving objects... and this actually extends to the mechanical components of the Toa and Matoran, basically enabling him to control their bodies like puppets (often for his own amusement.) Aside from that the mask enables him to craft anything he can possibly imagine out of the materials around him. It basically turns him into a walking talking Philosopher's Stone from Fullmetal Alchemist, able to transmute anything into anything.

Shadow: This is more conventional Makuta... but also where the Aku traits start to come into play beyond just affecting his personality. In this form he's got all that you'd expect-- he can manipulate shadow around him, weaponize it, make a shadow hand from the aura that surrounds him-- but this also pretty much gives him free reign in terms of shapeshifting abilities, allowing him to turn into a Matoran, a monstrous beast, a looming titan, or even a whirling mass of nothingness. Granted, it takes some effort to maintain these forms, but it allows him to be quite deceptive when he needs to be, and furthermore enables him to communicate with his minions through the shadows. (Plus I figure it gives him the whole shadow teleportation thing that Umarak had going for him in JTO because hey, why wouldn't it?) This is what cements his bogeyman-like reputation amongst the Matoran-- he's a lot more like he was in the MNOG or the early DC comics than what we ultimately saw in the movies (even if his design here draws heavy inspiration from his character model in those films mixed with the toy we ultimately got.) This is his mask of choice and by extension his default form.

Ultimate Power: Now this one's tricky because due to Bionicle G2's abrupt cancellation we never got to see much of this form or what the mask of Ultimate Power actually does, so I went ahead and made up its abilities myself: The Mask of Ultimate Power is practically a version of the Infinity Gauntlet you wear on your face. It can do anything that the user can imagine-- control the flow of time, warp reality at a whim, jump realities, create matter out of nothing, manifest a black hole and control it, alter history as the user sees fit (including removing themselves from normal time and space entirely, thus freeing them to mess with the timestream as they see fit with no reprecussions to themselves.) Basically it turns whoever is wearing it into a god... so long as they have the mental discipline to control that sort of power, and most beings simply cannot handle the strain. Even Makuta himself has to swap out the mask for another after a certain period of time, though he seeks to test the limits of how long he can keep control of this sort of power. This mask is his single most dangerous weapon, and it was only by luck that it was able to be sealed away out of his reach. Makuta, however, is nothing if not tenacious, and will do whatever it takes to reclaim what is rightfully his.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Blam320

News Credits:
    Neat concept.

14. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    Oh my god, this is an awesome concept.

15. Optimax Prime

Optimax Prime The 14th Prime

Fort Optimax (which is more than meets the eye)
    wish DW3 would've been made:( :tumbleweed: 

16. Necromaster

News Credits:
    Hey, folks! Since I like to interact with my reader base (and I'm indecisive as anything sometimes), I decided to give them the opportunity to vote for who they’d like to see as a new Decepticon for BNW somewhere down the line. Here are our three options:
    crazybolt.png
    Crazybolt is an infamous criminal wanted on half a dozen worlds. A mercenary, thief, and escape artist of utmost renown, he’s managed to evade escape time and again from top law enforcement across the galaxy, and if they do manage to capture him, no prison he’s been kept in has been able to hold him. Unfortunately this time Crazybolt may very well have gotten in over his head, as in another successful escape he wound up making a Transwarp jump to Gaea, where an over-abundance of Energon radiation forced him to crash. Now stranded on Gaea, he seeks asylum with the Decepticons. They don’t like him, as Crazybolt is an unreliable ally at best, and he doesn’t like them, but as it currently stands neither one is in any position to turn the other down. As it stands he’s to the Decepticons what Cohrada is for the Maximals, though the problem is unlike the chivalrous snake he’s acting almost entirely out of self-interest.

Crazybolt boasts an impressive arsenal at his disposal, at least half of which are in the form of the various “trophies” he has collected over the years. He keeps all of them aboard his pilfered ship, the Longshot. He possesses expert marksmanship and limited cloaking ability. On top of that, his Komodo Dragon beast mode provides him with acidic saliva which can eat through most metals.

ripclaw.png
    Ripclaw is... an oddity. The Maximals uncovered her as a test subject aboard yet another crashed Decepticon starship contained in a stasis tank. Unfortunately for them, she awoke almost immediately after being found and, recognizing them as Autobots thanks to their energy signatures, burst free and attacked them. Eventually she was discovered by the Decepticons and pledged her services to Megastorm. While her loyalty to the cause is without question, Ripclaw treads a fine line between Decepticon and beast, her Wyvern instincts influencing her actions to a considerable degree. As a result fighting alongside her is a massive risk, as she’ll often disregard everything but crushing her opponent, risking enormous damage to her surroundings, her allies, and herself. The Decepticons tread lightly around her and try to avoid getting paired up with her as much as possible.

Ripclaw is unique in that she doesn’t actually turn into a real animal-- her Beast Mode is a Wyvern, a dragon of myth. She is able to breathe fire in both modes and possesses enormous strength for her size. She is capable of flight and her prehensile tail can act as a veritable third arm.

scorponok.png
    Scorponok is the result of Decepticon moles left behind on Cybertron trying to undermine the current Autobot-dominated society. He is one of a select set of Protoforms reprogrammed to become a Decepticon upon activation-- a literal sleeper agent. Fortunately for the Autobot ship intended to transport him, it was the same one that transported the Insectrons and wound up crashing on Gaea. As a result upon his activation he knew that he was a Decepticon, but he had no idea where he was or what he was supposed to do as his pod had activated far away from all the others. He wound up wandering aimlessly for a while before finally being discovered by the Decepticons, whereupon he immediately pledged his loyalty to Megastorm... and expressed confusion as to the absence of his elder brother Galvatron. Though loyal, Scorponok isn’t terribly bright-- not as dim-witted as Barrage, Waspinator or Inferno, but still decidedly lacking in terms of common sense or forethought. As a result, he comes across as rather bumbling and inept, causing most of the other Decepticons to view him as a schmuck. In his desperation to try and get the approval of the others he redoubles his efforts to prove himself useful, causing him to screw up even more, reinforcing the other’s opinions of him in a vicious, never-ending cycle of misery for Scorponok.

Scorponok is actually fairly well-armed, able to launch energy blasts from his stinger as well as simply use it as a melee weapon and third arm. In addition the scorpion claws on his robot mode arms are able to provide the dual-use of arm blades and shields. On top of this he is capable of deploying a Cyberbee drone either for reconnaissance or something with which to attack his foes, the drone itself being armed with a blaster of its own (albeit not a particularly strong one.) His armor is thick enough to protect him from most harm, but lightweight enough not to impede his mobility.

You can vote for which one you want to appear in the comic here. Let me know who you want to see in the comic down the line!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Artork312

Artork312 The Robo-Chuvak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Team Predacon flying off again! Use Scorponoc, Necro!

18. Blam320

News Credits:
    Scorponoc has my vote.

19. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm gonna vote for Ripclaw, mostly because I think it'd be cool to see a dragon in BNW

• Like Like x 1
  20. Necromaster

News Credits:
    So last night @Artork312 approached me and asked for a beast mode to base a Cybertronian around. I suggested "Pangolin" because Pangolins are cool, and this was the result:

[​IMG]

Behold Pangulma!

• Like Like x 2