Mtmte 54

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by rlmiddleton, Jun 21, 2016.

1. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Felt soooooooo short.

Poor Skids, although his time had come. The panel with Megatron coming to the rescue had me elated, but the sudden loss of his cannon and his apparent deflation felt weird after that. Unless he wants to die, but then that's hardly going to save Rodimus and co. I predict the booms at the end are Deathsaurus's troops shooting Tarn and Overlord.

2. Olympia

Olympia Active Member

What site/s have posted it up?

I'm not seeing it on Google/Comixology/iTunes yet

3. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I read it on my Kindle Fire just now.

4. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Or the booms could be Nickel and Vos taking Tarn and/or Overlord out. Or all of the above.

5. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Oh, and violence towards cats is NOT okay Tarn. Have been growing very fond of Ravage. I hope he's okay and survives.

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love this issue.
    What a devastating repudiation of the "Megatron will get his groove back and fix everything" theory.

Also,
    one of the crew dies for a ten-minute power up for the rest, so the "oh they will just fight their way out now based on the preview" theory was also wrong.

There's a lot to delve into here for the ethics and efficacy of violence here. Everything that happens has a story/thematic purpose. Check out Deadshirt.net this week for my review in DEADSHIRT IS READING!

7. victoryconvoy

victoryconvoy Well-Known Member

so who is tarn

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    He's the leader of the Decepticon Justice Division.

*stoneface*

9. victoryconvoy

victoryconvoy Well-Known Member

oh you sunnnamabitch!!!

10. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

So... who else dies besides
    Skids?

11. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well some of Deathsaurus' troops aren't gonna be able to walk that shit off.
    Particularly the ones who tangled with Rodimus...callback to Maximum Dinobots!

12. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

I seriously hope this issue has more of the DJD....for a major event centered around them...we've hardly even seen them. I'm a little disappointed. I don't want to see the Autobots get a sudden power up and easily beat them...it would be a major let down to so much build-up

13. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    If the opening panels of issue 50 were any indication, something does happen during this fight that causes the Autobots to loose and get captured. We're going to learn how.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I got the impression the opening panels happened concurrently with #52/53

15. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    maniacal cackling

16. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

....I don't know what to make of this...

*bangs refresh button on ComiXoloy multiple times*:sly2: 

17. Olympia

Olympia Active Member

So iTunes and google both have 53 up instead of 54. I got my issue off of Amazon on the Kindle App. It's 54.

I really enjoyed MTMTE 54! I'm nowhere near as critical of the series as most people (Why I usually stay out of discussions- too much overall negativity) but I think overall this was a great issue!

Below are some random rambles of mine regarding the issue. Contains major and minor spoilers- READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I am worried for the bots that seem to have not escaped with the others. Magnus, Rewind, Swerve, Cyclonus, and Tailgate are all MIA in the last several pages after Team Rodimus falls back.

Also, yes- the power up wears off fairly quickly.

No sign of Nightbeat/Rung. I have a feeling Rung is going to be quite upset about Skids.

On that note, Rewind's reaction when Skids asked Chromedome to help him remember. That facepalm is very justified. xD

Megs had some pretty awesome moments there. From his concerns about reverting to his prior self to realizing that the Fool's energon was a lie the entire time and just really bad tasting energon the entire time.

My biggest question is what did Skids want to tell Brainstorm? He wasn't involved in the time travel nonsense and I don't think it's common knowledge that Brainstorm had feelings for Quark. Yet, after remembering, Skids had something he wanted to tell Brainstorm. Did Quark mention Brainstorm? Is there any hope for Quark to be alive? I don't think so, but who knows- whatever it was that Skids wanted to tell Brainstorm, I hope he told Ratchet.

Rodimus using his fire ability was fun! Been ages since we last saw that. Also, some more silly badge faces this issue- namely when Rodimus flares up and when Megs finally enters the battle. I love watching for those.

I'm counting on the 'Choom choom choom' at the end to be Deathsaurus firing on Tarn/Overlord and not Megs having his head blown off... hopefully. After all, Tarn DID just send all of Deathsaurus' troops as cannon fodder for Megatron. He also just watched Megatron step in to save Rodimus and a few of the others and ordering them to retreat. So I can believe him turning on Tarn.

18. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Alternate theory re: the "CHOOM CHOOM CHOOM" - Megatron's a walking space bridge wormhole mess. It's possible that they DO shoot him but do no damage as a result.

Deathsaurus turning on him DOES feel like a possibility though, as does the DJD turning on him for what he did to Kaon/how he treated Deathsaurus' troops as pawns.

I've thought that if Tarn dies it'll be at the hands of his own men at this stage. So maybe that'll happen. And quite frankly, he NEEDS TO DIE for what he did to Ravage (I stopped right there for a second, jaw agape; I've been fearing for Ravage making it out of this alive since last issue so I'm glad he MAY survive).

(Also, a further thought - the only people actually keeping this conflict going are the DJD and Overlord. If Deathsaurus doesn't have to worry about retribution from Megatron OR the DJD, quite frankly he'd probably see himself as being in the clear and leave peacefully.)

19. Nis Randers

Nis Randers Ich bin ein Gänseblümchen

News Credits:
    Usually (around UTC) the comic is online at 2pm, right? Somewhere in the middle of the day?

Usually I get mine around 2pm-4pm. Oh god the waiting struggle is killing me. :banghead: 

20. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    I'm absolutely gutted
    over Skids
    His sacrifice might have bought them so time but his death feels so pointless when the effect literally lasted only a few pages, and nothing particularly epic happened as a result.

There were so many hints and clues that it was
    Skids who was going to die,
    but I kinda hoped it would lead to a different outcome.