Customs: Movie Vehicle based, movie verse customs. Help wanted...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Kraken, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    OK guys, I'm just starting to dip my toes in here, and I could do with some advice.

As soon as I started watching the new series of Knight Rider I realised that it would be hella simple to repaint Barricade into K.I.T.T. as they're both Black Mustangs, which I will be starting on as soon as I can get my hands on a cheap Barricade. This gave me an idea for a premise, a bunch of autobots answer Optimus Primes beacon and come to Earth, landing outside not a car dealership full of shiny new concept models, but a Hollywood motor museum!

So so far I've got K.I.T.T. (albeit the latest Mustang version, I may get round to doing the Trans-Am at a later date). I also want to do the Back to the Future Delorean, The General Lee, Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters, Herbie (which I may do as a repaint of '74 Camero Bumblebee), a Bond Car, probably one of the Aston Martins, and the Starsky and Hutch striped tomato.

The trouble I'm having is I have no idea where to start. I've got an idea to use model kits and cut the panels to shape onto an existing movie deluxe, but I don't know what scale of kit I should be using. I also don't know what autobots I should base them on that would be fitting for those sorts of cars.

Any ideas anyone could offer would be very greatly appreciated :) 

2. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    i did one a few month ago

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Awesome stuff, that's pretty much spot on to what I had in mind for K.I.T.T.