KO Defensor Giftset, KO Sideswipe, KO Red Alert

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by godbomber, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Robowang

Robowang I don't have AIDS

Ebay:
    Because someone is reproducing the heads or there are just some customs? Reproductions would be awesome.

2. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, at least they're finally painting Hot Spot the right color...

... and it's all fun and games until someone tries to pass it off as an original for a ridiculous price...

3. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its pretty easy to see the Red Alert and Defensor is a KO since it has non of its factory stickers applied and the figures dont look like they line up in the windows correctly for Defensor..

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    PrimulArchangel:

I would love to see these KOs come in boxes like the ones you're making...great work!! If I ever get around to buying Reflector, I might have to hit you up!!

6. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is this ko toys posting this or is it another store? im in the market for all 3 of them and more. whats the prices for each one? i will also need them in c9 or better misb condition boxes.
    as for the g1 packing yes its to bring back memories for the exact packaging from the 80s versions. i hate those new pat lee style art boxes. just not the same feeling about them for me. even the dates say 83-85 on each toy. but also yes to sell them to people who thinks they are originals. thats the truth. but do your homework before buying anything. if you know its a ko, then its up to you to decide if you want a ko or just wait for hasbro to reissue them. if ever. or just buy a used opened version on ebay. the prices will be about the same for a misb ko or a real opened version. for me i love both the real and high quality ko/ or should we say china reissues. i hate the word ko. makes it sound like those cheapo carded figures which these are not at all.

7. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks man :)  glade you like my work. Hit me up when ever you want. I make a few different boxes for Reflector.

8. chaoseffect

chaoseffect Custom TF builder

I had the original Defensor when I was a kid...before Shadow ate it. Shadow was my dad's mean dog. I mean, how can you eat Defensor? Seriously! Not to mention my Grimlock sword.

I don't remember mine having diecast metal parts. This intrigues me.

The news of a full size KO Fort Max is just awesome. Time to start saving some money.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it would be nice to have those 2 cars to go on my shelf.
    if the price isn't blatant piracy, i may grab them.
    I have a Defensor so all i'd be getting is a box.

10. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i normally dont buy ko transformers, but since they are high quality, and uses the exact g1 style boxes thats what got me in. i buy both takara reissues and ko reissues. mostly to fill in gaps unless takara reissues them in the same encore g1 style packing. otherwise i wont buy the takara versions with the newer style packaging. to me they dont fit in a g1 collection, because im a misb g1 collector who only want g1 style boxes to remind me of my childhood and to get the ones that got away from me in the 80s. overall i dont like ko transformers. but they do such a good job that i dont mind buying them to fill in all the gaps that takara is surely not doing. i dont buy loose so i cant use any of the opened real items. plus i surely wont pay misb or afa prices for a toy to display. so the ko does a pretty good purpose for me. now i love them. i wish they would do grand maxiumus, prianacon, abominus, computron, scorpinok, tyrpticon (dont know the correct spelling for him) and my favorite transformer ever which hasbro will never reissue G1 JETFIRE!

11. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    I thought this was old news, ive had defensor for a while and red alert and sideswipe have been available for a while now... nevermind coming out in 2 weeks... these have been out for a while... and already newsed....

12. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My point is, as long as they don't want any first born children, I don't see the harm... especially since Hasbro/Takara hasn't reissued it...

13. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

ah, but see genzhao, the hasbro mouthpiece brigadeĀ® didn't get to remind everyone that the knockoffs don't adhere to the rigid standards of kwality that official products do. ;D

14. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    All I see is the same photos I used almost a month ago, and that these are coming out, yet ive sent out loads through the last month!

15. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Since they came out with the better joints and more detailed designs of tfs over the years these are more nostalgic than anything and I will pass because the newer ones are more fun.

16. adam-x

adam-x megazord activate,,

love it, more more ko's I say more!

17. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Hey GenZhao, the seller on ioffer is not answering my question...does this set contain Hot Spot's flame stickers?

18. Ruination04

News Credits:
    I think that is just opnion. Some figures are just a down right pain in the ass. Alternators get alot of love on this board, and I bought everyone of them. I love 'em too, but I sold everyone I had because I got tired of junk popping off of them everytime I transformed them....Sometimes simple is better.

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Mine did not. It also didn't have window stickers for Streetwise and First Aid either - AND it was missing a vehicle cannon.

20. Ruination04

News Credits:
    So what exactly is all missing?? Window stickers, flame sticker, ????????