Is Transformers: Exodus connected to TFP?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by ironskull08, Oct 4, 2011.

1. ironskull08

ironskull08 WoW addict and Transformers fan

I just got that book and read the whole thing, but I'm not sure what its connected to, But I'm pretty sure its connected to Transformers Prime, is it?

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    They say it is.

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Same continuity family. Pretty much the novel series, WFC and Prime run on the same series bible but is given leeway to be their own stories.

4. ironskull08

ironskull08 WoW addict and Transformers fan

Yeah at first I thought it was connected to WFC but then when I read the part where Bumblebee's vocoder was smashed by Megatron, I realised it was had to be TFP

5. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YeaH, the only thing that doesn't work is the Dark Energon in the novel. In the novel, Starscream knows of it and yet in TF Prime, Megatron is the one who discovers it.

jD001

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Actually it still works.

Nothing Starscream said definitively states he knew nothing about Dark Energon.

7. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    In Exodus the Cons only have so much dark Energon that was left over from the great war between Unicron and Primus and that small bit was mostly stored on the Trypticon station. Once those reserves ran out, the Cons went in search for more, in turn leading them to Earth. Also... remember that Trypticon Station is also Trypticon who in turn is a triple changer and changed into the Nemesis for space travel. So... if the go by that, the writers of Prime can easily introduce Trypticon at any time (if) they wanted as he is (in Exodus) the Nemesis ship.

8. Thundercrackers

Thundercrackers Cybertonian Scholar

From all the evidence in Prime and the two novels (Exodus and Exiles), I'm convinced they are in the same universe. (And that's what hasbro keeps saying again and again, too.)

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I wouldnt say I'm convinced either way....

But after reading all the threads here and on other cites that claim contradictions, I have yet to see any real solid contradictions.

10. RedWolf

Starscream in Prime only saw Dark Energon with Megatron bringing it. In WFC and Exodus he was in charge of it.

Also each continuity has Dark Energon having different effects. WFC it powers the Decepticons and weakens Autobots. Exodus has it addictive turning Decepticons into berserkers and upon death Dark Energon moves to the next surviving Decepticon making him stronger.

In WFC and Exodus Cybertron was a stable if strained society before the war. While in Prime there have been a series of wars after the Golden Age and prior to the current war which started with the Decepticon uprising by Megatron.

As said Hasbro has given a series Bible for the Aligned Continuity Family. Giving the writers something to work while doing their own thing.

11. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you get this from the episode 1, Masters and Students?

This hasn't been thoroughly elaborated upon in Prime. So we can't say whether or not there's a contradiction.

12. RedWolf

1 to 5. Darkness Rising
    -A war over Energon seeded various worlds with Energon.
    -Earth was the biggest battleground of ancient Transformers in this galaxy.

6. Masters and Students
    -Megatron led the Decepticon Uprising.
    -Optimus Prime's dialogue as of Darkness Rising and Masters and Students suggest he and Megatron each chose their side.
    -Megatron sent warriors to guard Earth's Energon deposits like Skyquake.

9. Convoy
    -Before plunging Cybertron to the Great War Megatron preached an ideology similar to the human terrorist Silas. What we know of Silas are these. Utter disregard for civilian casualties, bringing about a new world order, and using the most advanced and innovative technology to win.

10. Deus Ex Machina
    -Besides Energon deposits hidden on Earth during a civil war period Ancient Autobots hid an Energon Harvester on Greece.
    -Ancient Autobots leave messages using the art of natives era, in this case Greece. This brings to question how old is the current generation to the older generation and when did the prior conflict on Earth occur.

20. Partners
    - Millennium ago a ancient Decepticon transport ship, the Harbinger, was shot down by a Autobot battalion. Breaking in half crashing on Earth. It contains a prototype Immobilizer.
    - Starscream was once Air Commander of Energon Seekers on Cybertron before joining Megatron.
    -Bulkhead mention the Fallen.

13. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    How does that mean it occured prior to Megatron's uprising?

How's that different from what Megatron did? In Exodus, wasn't he gladiator that preached change, but later on turned into a tyranical conqueror?

We don't know who these ancients were. So can we say there's a contradiction or that there are missing pieces to the puzzle?

They didn't say the harbinger crashed prior to Megatron's war, so I doubt we can use that as basis.
    Starscream was an energon seeker in WFC wasn't he?

And what's the problem with Bulkhead mentioning the Fallen?

You haven't watched the last episode yet of this season? You might want to, because it clears some of this up.

14. RedWolf

Ratchet said not only did Megatron descrated the graves of Autobot ancestors but his own.

Optimus made comparison between Megatron and Silas' ideals.

They were explicitly called ancient Autobots.

Specifically no but they did call the Harbinger ancient. In WFC Starscream was in charge of Space Station Trypticon.

None just establishing there was a Fallen in their history.

Watch no but I do know of the spoilers which I wont discuss here until it airs.

Bottom line Hasbro gave each writing staff a chance to world build their own story. The only similarities we see is because of the story bible they set.

Those who buy WFC, Ex- novels and Prime are the same continuity are not observant enough.

15. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's all forget that the novels take place in the WFC universe, too... Because there is no way in Primus that a whole race undergoes a re-format from a quasi-G1 look to a mashup of animated and Bayverse. At the very least, in flashbacks that take place on Cybertron, everyone should look like in WFC... but they don't.

16. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    What was the meaning behind the statement? How can it be Ratchet and Optimus' parents? Doesn't life on Cybertron come form the well of the all spark? Maybe he just meant old teachers, friends etc. Optimus and Ratchet weren't the oldest of their race, were they?

Also, we don't even know the entire history of the earth within TF: Prime.

And what's so different about their ideals, considering both have a thirst for power?

What's the idea behind the statement. Couldn't it just mean really old autobots?

Energon seeker is the scientist chasis for WFC. Also ancient means having existed for many years, or existed in an early time period. How does that conflict with the Decepticon uprising which started a long time ago?

Which makes it even more connected to the history of Exodus.

Then you already know of how Prime and Megatron rose to power in the story is pretty much a rethread of Exodus. If it's basically the same story, what's the problem?

Or they've gone out of their way to interconnect plot points.

I don't share that opinion.

The way I see it, the problems connecting WFC/Exodus with TF Prime is not really that great, especially considering Optimus Prime seems to jump location from Iacon and Kaon in the Exodus novel etc.

If they say its a single continuity then it is. There have been worse continuity errors. Also, since there are so many blanks, I can't say if they've truly made errors.

17. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    It also may just be artistic license.

And I did think the design of Optimus Prime was altered to look more similar with WFC during the flashback. Not totally, though.

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Nothing in Prime definitively states that Starscream never saw DE before in his entire life.
    which can be explained by the different time periods and all the years.It can also be explain by how it was hsandeled.Remember, Arcee compared the show's Dark Energon to the experiments performed by the Cons during the war (which, as seen in the book/games, involved Dark Energon).

Theres also the possibility that the stuff stored on Trypticon station was a different variation, or less derivative, of the stuff found in Prime has been altered by millions of years traveling trew the universe.
    From what I recall, Alpha Trion mentioned a few conflicts in Cybertrons past.That pretty much matchs what you just said about Prime

which still fits since it was never definitively stated when these wars took place or who exactly was fighting
    I dont see how this effects anything.

same as above

stll doesnt discount a connection

is any of that supposed to disprove a connection?

I'm not trying to be rude, I just dont see how any of that rules out wfc and prime being connected

I still dont see your point, that was Optimus's opinion.

could have been a retro-active labelling.Much like the European settlers in the new world are some times called the first Americans....when America did not yet exists.
    "ancient" applies considering how long ago it was

And Starscream may have had different jobs in his long life
    if thats the case where are the solid contradictions??

so far you havent posted any.I'll admit there are a few things that seem not tgo fit but so far nothing solid.

19. Thundercrackers

Thundercrackers Cybertonian Scholar

-I can understand the opinion of people who are undecided if there is a connection or not.

I look at the connections and desrepancies in the aligned continuity in in the same fashion that the Star wars expanded universe connections and desrepancies of diffrent stories to each other. You can find desrepancies (Leia and Han having 2 diffrent weddings, for example) that can be reconciled fairly easily (one of thier weddings got interrupted) In my opinion, people who say the branches of the aligned continuity are definitely not connected aren't observant enough.