I don't like this ratio...Thanks anyways

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Jeremy.B, May 22, 2008.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    So I was watching this Lio Kaiser and was considering bidding as a potential "I got a job" present....then I saw this on the description after the bidder ended:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300224147513&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

Scroll down to see the BIG letters. I could really care less, as it is his perogative. Although I think he may have jumped the gun, as a complete loose LK went for 560 the other day. I just thought it was funny.

EDIT: He also stated that he and Paypal had a falling out...maybe that is why no one bid. Would you send a 500+ money order to someone? I don't think I would...

2. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I'd say jumped the gun, more and more these days bids don't appear until near the end of the auction. I do so myself in the vain hope of not driving the price up too early.

Not accepting Paypal for a big ticket item will put off a lot of folk too, I'd think twice anyway.

3. thecypher0

thecypher0 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yup. I do the same thing. I wait until the last hours to bid so that I don't hopefully drive up the price.

On the PayPal thing...
    I HATE bidding on auctions that don't accept PP. I try not to even if it's an item I want, because going to the post office and standing in that damn line to get a money order for a $12 item just irritates me, plus stamps...If the post office didn't ship packages and junk mail, they'd be out of business.

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    How does someone with 1500+ feedback not realize that most people wait to bid at the last minute?

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    He's an idiot. That simple. Plus, he'll HAVE to take Paypal soon; eBay will be insisting on it.

6. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I've heard only eBay.au is doing that. Have other eBay branches announced the change?

7. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i wouldn't send money orders, don't suggest you do either, unless you are the one offering the money order.

NEVER bid on auctions when seller demands money.order UNLESS hes like 100% power seller!