I don't get Legends...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Aug 10, 2009.

1. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Although I would like for them to be cheaper, I think they are fairly priced. We're spoiled by the cheap prices of the scouts and deluxes.

Tranformers Legend - $5

DC Infinite Heroes - $5-$8
    Marvel Universe - $7-$8
    Star Wars - $7+
    GI Joes - $7+

2. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    legends arent especially good value thats for sure.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Legends were a big FAIL for me. Until, Beachcomber, Brawn, Wheelie, Cosmos, and Warpath. I love these little guys to the brim. Since then, I've gotten a few more. Mudflap for Devy's mouth. I wish they made more exclusive characters instead of dumbing down all the bigger ones I won.

4. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Okay, let's see. What's a good indication fans (of all ages) like Legends...
    Well, how many Cosmos, Warpath, Bumblebee, Wheelie, Hot Rod, Beachcomber, Brawn, Prime, Jetfire, Fallen, Mudflap, Jazz, etc. have you seen clogging shelves?
    Around here the answer is NONE. The only place that has Legends in numbers is Big Lots, and that's because they're so damn expensive there (plus they're the much older waves).
    From what I've seen, as soon as new ones are stocked, they sell out.

As for the 'dumbed-down' versions of main-line toys like GravBots and Stompers, well they're selling, aren't they? That alone is an indication that they're in demand. Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass who buys tham and for what reason. If Hasbro makes them and people buy them, then that just means a continuation of Transformers as a whole.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I've got every Legends except for the SDCC/Botcon Cybertron Seeker exclusives. Fantastic little engineering marvels some of them are. They're like Spychangers on acid.

6. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Hmm, must be a regional thing. Around these parts FABs sell, but not quite as well as the Deluxe, Voyager & Leader sizes. And the Gravity Bots or whatever they're called, along with the Legends, don't do well here at all. Especially said Legends. They clog the pegs, and eventually either go on sale, or later show up at places like Family Dollar. Hell, it's because of FD that my boy got him a Legends Cybertron Hot Shot, and that Legends class Leo Prime.

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At Botcon 2007, Hasbro indicated Legends would be a big push in coming years, as they apparently do EXCEPTIONALLY well worldwide.

My only complaints with Legends are the character selections. I'd like to see more recreations of unique characters, like what we got with Warpath, Cosmos, etc... less Primes, Starscreams, etc.

8. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only got the universe ones and ROTF OP and Jetfire so they combine.

9. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

It's a good concept, but the execution for the Movie Legends seems flawed. I don't know exactly what the problem is, but the robot mode always seem to come out wonky, with strange proportions and very limited articulation.

The Cybertron Legends figures where much better in comparison, almost like shrunk down replicas of their larger scale versions.

10. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Movie Devastator will be my 1st legends toys... I'll probably get the arcee legends too (that come with HA)

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I agree, the Legends class figures from both movies have been complete garbage. They look cheap, many almost like stickfigures. I personally would rather have a Robot Hero than any movie legend figure. Even the praised Devs looks like trash. Yea, they have robot modes, and combine, but its not like the robot modes actually look any good. But everyone seems to be jerking them off pretty well.

12. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Wait,OP and Jetfire's legends toys COMBINE like the big ones?
    SOLD.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They're cheap, pocket-sized, and interesting.

14. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't care for them either, too small and basic for my tastes. Not to mention here in Canada they are expensive ($6.99 usually). Having said that though the recent Universe legends figures were pretty good and a great throwback to the old mini-bots which I think made them work. Also with the Universe ones I found all mine on clearence for $3 each which helped :D 

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    As someone that's always been a big fan of Micromasters and Minicons I don't know why I skipped all the Cybertron Legends when they first hit. Maybe because I thought it odd to have a smaller version of the toys already out. Probably the only time I've been pleased for repaints so I could grab the Legends I missed (although stop with the Cyb Legends repaints now please, Hasbro).

I love me some Legends. I think that's become the tagline for Legends fans. And if not it should be. They're cheap (although prices have crept up alarmingly recently for such small and simple figures) and quick to transform. Ones like Cybertron Jetfire and Bay Scorponok still amaze me with their details and likeness to the larger versions. They're great for desks to fiddle with when online or working or watching telly. You can amass quite a collection quickly and cheaply. Just wish the Universe and Animated ones hadn't been so hard to track down.

G1 Legends are great and I hope more classic characters find themselves getting a mini version. Could be a nice way for Hasbro to see how popular a particular character is before going to the trouble and expense of doing a larger version of them. I'd love to see Legends versions of the Headmaster characters since their original toys were quite simple anyway. Certainly Scorponok or Chromedome wouldn't tax the designers much when downsizing. Even better, the Legends versions of them could come with reissues of the original Negbulan transforming heads (the ears of anyone that's ever bought a Fort Max without Spike suddenly prick up).
    Legends figures still have so much untapped potential. I for one would like an Ark playset.
    Yep. Very simplistically, but there's still something strangely satisfying about it.

16. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    They're cute. I want ROTF bumblebee.

17. MunseMan

MunseMan Chuck Testa

News Credits:
    heres my reason why i love legends:
    [​IMG]
    whats yours?

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I love 'em. :D 

They're easy to collect and affordable to boot, and some of them are great representations of their 'classic' versions - especially the new molds made for Universe 2.0 like Megs, Hound and Brawn.

They also go great with citybot-scale sets like Metroplex and Omega Supreme. (both of whom are currently populated by Universe Legends on my shelves).

As for the complaints about who buys them, along with RPMs/FABs/etc - they must be selling well otherwise Hasbro wouldn't continue to make them!

20. shadowtron

shadowtron Decepticon

I get them because they are remnicient of the G1 mini's.